David Lipscomb

tnfootball4

Hey genius you might want to check your facts-http://www.tennessee.gov/labor-wfd/labor_figures/september2007county.pdf

according to the state of tennessee statistics, Marshall county is up to 8.4% unemployment last month it was 7.7 and the month before 5%. So please let me know where your 40% number came from. Perhaps your lack of knowledge prevents you from getting a job. As i see it with such high unemployment numbers that leaves everyone more time to practice football. all of the unemployed parents could volunteer and you would have a whole town full of coaches.

Recent history and what it can do to a program is what I was referencing.

What is your point.....Why are you so unwilling to play with other privates? You can be on a more level playing field.....OH! Sorry, thats not what you want now is it?

Until today I never knew yall held kids back..........I thought that was only done with Walking horses, now I know it is done with mustangs too. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your point.....Why are you so unwilling to play with other privates? You can be on a more level playing field.....OH! Sorry, thats not what you want now is it?

Until today I never knew yall held kids back..........I thought that was only done with Walking horses, now I know it is done with mustangs too. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey! I've taught and coached in both public and private and they ALL have their advantages and DISadvantages. There is no way any of us are going to settle this argument. If the privates are dumped, then the next ones will be the magnet schools and other schools with open enrollment (these are PUBLIC schools), then they will separate the urban from the rural schools (because we all know urban is better and rural can't compete - this actually is being promoted by some principals!)

So, I suggest we drop this line and move on to the subject "David Lipscomb" not "public vs. private". You new posters my not know it but this subject will be shut down by the "powers that be" if we don't stay on topic. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Recent history? As far back as records go 8% is as high as unemployment has ever been. Maybe you know something we don't- or maybe you know nothing at all.

Lipscomb does not hold kids back- parents hold kids back. And it is about the same percent of repeats at Lipscomb as most places. Actually public schools have higher repeat rates than Lipscomb.

So maybe you should spend less time posting on Coacht, and more time looking for a job!

Hey! I've taught and coached in both public and private and they ALL have their advantages and DISadvantages. There is no way any of us are going to settle this argument. If the privates are dumped, then the next ones will be the magnet schools and other schools with open enrollment (these are PUBLIC schools), then they will separate the urban from the rural schools (because we all know urban is better and rural can't compete - this actually is being promoted by some principals!)

So, I suggest we drop this line and move on to the subject "David Lipscomb" not "public vs. private". You new posters my not know it but this subject will be shut down by the "powers that be" if we don't stay on topic. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great idea!!

Here are my suggestions for divisions to award state championships to:

1- rural private schools from counties with unemployment below rates below 5% and enrollment less than 200

2- rural private schools from counties with unemployment below rate below 5% and enrollment 200 to 400

3- rural private schools from counties with unemployment rates below 5% and enrollment over 400

4- suburban private schools from counties with unemployment rates below 5% and enrollment less than 200

5-suburban private schools from counties with unemployment rates below 5% and enrollment 200-400

6-suburban private schools from counties with unemployment rates below 5%and enrollment over 400

7-urban private schools from counties with unemployment rates below 5%and enrollmentunder 200

8-urban private schools from counties with unemployment rates below 5%and enrollment 200-400

9-urban private schools from counties with unemployment rates below 5% enrollment over 400

10- rural privates unemployment 0ver 5% enrollment under 200

11-rural privates unemployment over 5% enrollment 200-400

12- rural privates unemployment over 5% enrollment over 400

13- suburban privates +5% unemployment under 200

14-suburban privates +5% unemployment 200-400

15- " " 400+

16- urban under 200

17- urban 200-400

18- 400+

19-36 same thing with publics except enrollment split 5 ways instead of three so that would mean 12 more classifications for a total of 48

then we also need to divide all of these into categories of how much each school's athletic budget is. 3 categories each should work.

48 times 3 is 144 classifications

So Tennessee better start ordering some more gold balls to give away

David Lipscomb wont win state. Fulton, or more likely KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC will beat them someoen where in the playoffs or in the big game.

And no, David Liscomb should not be in D2. They wouldnt last in AA, but maybe A. But im sure their school size would have them be in AA, and they just woudnlt be able to do it.

David Lipscomb wont win state. Fulton, or more likely KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC will beat them someoen where in the playoffs or in the big game.

And no, David Liscomb should not be in D2. They wouldnt last in AA, but maybe A. But im sure their school size would have them be in AA, and they just woudnlt be able to do it.

Lipscomb wouldn't last in AA? How much research did you do before that post? 1994 - AA State Champion, 1998 - AA State Runner Up, 2002 - AA State Champion, 2003 - AA State Runner Up, 2004 - AA Semi-Finalist. You are correct that we would be an AA school without the 1.8 multiplier.

You must be able to write and spell before your opinion is worth hearing. Besides, you're dead wrong even IF you had.

SND

Lipscomb wouldn't last in AA? How much research did you do before that post? 1994 - AA State Champion, 1998 - AA State Runner Up, 2002 - AA State Champion, 2003 - AA State Runner Up, 2004 - AA Semi-Finalist. You are correct that we would be an AA school without the 1.8 multiplier.

I believe he means A and AA in DII. He's not very clear. Clear writing depends on clear thinking.

SND

I said the powerhouse D2 not the joke conference D1.

And my opinion matters most because it is correct. DL would not last in D2-AA.

Thats D2, not D1. Understand? Or is that too hard to make?

I said the powerhouse D2 not the joke conference D1.

And my opinion matters most because it is correct. DL would not last in D2-AA.

Thats D2, not D1. Understand? Or is that too hard to make?

D1 is no joke, they don't BUY their championships! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

That's retarded /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />