Rutledge @ Fulton

MineyHaole

Hey there Kev-B,t his is a game that no one is talking about, but could be a pretty good one to watch. The Pioneers are playing their last(maybe) game as Rutledge High School; due to the closing of their school and the opening of Grainger High School next year. I felt last week they had the ability to upset Carter, and they just about did it. I think that they are going to matchup pretty well against Fulton...Please consider before openly bashing me. IF, big if, Rutledge can control the ball, their offense is condusive to keeping the ball and eating clock. The quarterback is a heck of an athlete and may present some troubles to the Fulton D. The weakness of the Pioneer team is their defense, as seen in the blown lead atthe end of the Carter game. I think that if Rutledge can keep the ball on sustained drives, has 0-1 turnovers committed, and keeps Fulton from the big "special teams/turnover touchdown", the Pioneers could pull a major upset this week. Remember, never underestimate the power of a team playing as a whole with a purpose, like town and school pride.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton's youngsters get a little taste of what playoff time is all about...I know nothing about Rutledge, but I know they won't have near enough for the Falcons. Athletic QB's as you say Rutledge has usually doesn't present problems for Coatney's defense because Fulton always has so much speed. They're not as big this year, but the team speed of the defense and swarming to the ball is still there. I know to say Fulton will win by "as many as they want" may sound a bit cliche', but in this one, that will be the case. The Falcons will beat the Pioneers by however many they choose to. Just depends on what Coach Black wants to call on offense and if they're going to work on some new things. It's too bad for Rutledge that their last ever football game at the school has to come against the defending State Champions. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> It's great that cold weather and playoff time is here again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fulton will win by at least 28 and that's being generous

Hey there Kev-B,t his is a game that no one is talking about, but could be a pretty good one to watch. The Pioneers are playing their last(maybe) game as Rutledge High School; due to the closing of their school and the opening of Grainger High School next year. I felt last week they had the ability to upset Carter, and they just about did it. I think that they are going to matchup pretty well against Fulton...Please consider before openly bashing me. IF, big if, Rutledge can control the ball, their offense is condusive to keeping the ball and eating clock. The quarterback is a heck of an athlete and may present some troubles to the Fulton D. The weakness of the Pioneer team is their defense, as seen in the blown lead atthe end of the Carter game. I think that if Rutledge can keep the ball on sustained drives, has 0-1 turnovers committed, and keeps Fulton from the big "special teams/turnover touchdown", the Pioneers could pull a major upset this week. Remember, never underestimate the power of a team playing as a whole with a purpose, like town and school pride.

Good post Miney, they did have a good shot at upsetting Carter las week but just couldn't get it done. I'm a pioneer fan but like almost everyone else, I don't believe they will win this game. I mean they might suprise everyone by coming out and beating Fulton and that would be great but just don't see it happening although I will be there Friday night to watch and see what happens. Our one downfall would be our defense, they've had a tendency to play like the Vols defense, they forget to play sometimes. If all cylinders of the team are clicking then this just might be a game to watch, but if not this will be the last game played in a Rutledge uniform. Although it's not going to happen but would love to see that RUTLEDGE uniform worn for one more friday. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'd like to be more positive about this one, but it's hard to be when the last time we saw Fulton it was ugly...this Rutledge team is much better than that one was but so is Fulton.

Then again I really don't see a 40-point blowout either. I would think that if Rutledge gets on the board they'll probably wind up with 21...that being said I just want it to be semi-respectable. A lot of folks have meant a lot to the Rutledge program over the years and getting embarrassed by Fulton in their last football game ever in royal blue and white would be a shame.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> haha but in fultons jv for this one...

Fulton-48

Rutledge-7

If fulton's player see this game the same way look out. I've seen Rutledge play two times and they are not as bad as some people think. I like their QB he can may things happen. Rutledge will have to control the clock and play the whole game and make no mistakes to win. Can it happen maybe. Luck to both teams I hope no one gets hurt.