special awards to coaches,fans ,parents

bradley08

One thing that is special about our sport is the commitment and passion displayed by our coaches,fans and parents. Who in your opinion are the most vocal, animated,outspoken,comical fans,coaches,parnets? Who dispalys the most passion about our sport? Which team has the most community support? This should be an interesting post. Keep it fun.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradley always has a ton of support, especially at the state tournament. Although somewhat deranged, Baylor has a great deal of loyalty. Their fans can get pretty crazy! The team dads/moms have done a great job at Notre Dame.

And the coach quoted above might just be one of the most vocal ones . Looking forward to seeing you at BH Ronnie.

most intense- Shane Turner

Most animated/passionate-Kevin Emily

Most unuasual coaching attire- Rabitt Turner

best technical coaching-Baylor staff/ Bradley

most dynamic personality ( parent/fan)Tommy Boone

best coaching from the stands hmmm.. he was at one place and now he's at another

best tradition-Baylor/Bradley

best community support-Soddy/Bradley

Hottest mom- I better let someone else answer that one

best coaching staffs- Bradley,Baylor,Cleveland,McCallie,Soddy,Notre Dame

Up and coming team in the next five years -Cleveland

best Ref- Don Elsea,Mike Craft,Danny Gilbert

worst ref- better let someone else answer that one

Coolest coach- Steve Henry

Most beverages consumed by fans before a match- hmm.. they wear green i believe

Always being a visitor to Tennessee I'd like to add a category...."Most Welcoming Fans" and for me that goes to Baylor and Bradley.

I can't think of a more appreciative crowd than at Baylor. They seem to get it....they realize that both kids on the mat are just teenage kids and equally trying their best. They always appreciate the effort and applaud the kids win or lose. I also remember my sister saying that when her son lost while wrestling for Baylor that she was rarely the first to give him hug and tell him things are going to be okay...the other parents would get there first.

And I'll never forget the Bradley fans giving Kyle Maynard a tremendous standing ovation......when he lost. (For some of you new to wrestling go Google Kyle)

Always being a visitor to Tennessee I'd like to add a category...."Most Welcoming Fans" and for me that goes to Baylor and Bradley.

I can't think of a more appreciative crowd than at Baylor. They seem to get it....they realize that both kids on the mat are just teenage kids and equally trying their best. They always appreciate the effort and applaud the kids win or lose. I also remember my sister saying that when her son lost while wrestling for Baylor that she was rarely the first to give him hug and tell him things are going to be okay...the other parents would get there first.

And I'll never forget the Bradley fans giving Kyle Maynard a tremendous standing ovation......when he lost. (For some of you new to wrestling go Google Kyle)

Baylor good fans. Give me a break. They will give you a good cussing coming and going from the gym not to mention while you are there. Several years ago they stood and yelled at state champ for another school because he pinned there defending state champ. The next year at the state duals Baylor's coaching staff had 2 defending state champs sitting on the bench when the same wrestler from the year before walked out on the mat they would not even send out a wrestler, and the fans cheered because there team did not wrestle him. I do not consider them to even be in the list on good fans.

Baylor good fans. Give me a break. They will give you a good cussing coming and going from the gym not to mention while you are there. Several years ago they stood and yelled at state champ for another school because he pinned there defending state champ. The next year at the state duals Baylor's coaching staff had 2 defending state champs sitting on the bench when the same wrestler from the year before walked out on the mat they would not even send out a wrestler, and the fans cheered because there team did not wrestle him. I do not consider them to even be in the list on good fans.

Bradley08 asked if we could keep it fun, and this sounds like a Baylor School for Boys and Girls and McCallie School for Boys post. Before mtnrasslin,herm,raider76,whiskyjoe,deadduxs and god forbid Mr WalkinVol start in on the( what do you call them WV?) oh yea the" evil blue empire " let's try not to start make this one ugly.

Tell you what, I'll start a new thread " What do you hate about The McCallie School For Boys and The Baylor School for Boys and Girls" That way you beautiful people can light each others @@@ up and we can keep this post HAPPY.

Back to the Topic

Who makes me laugh:

The Late Harry Thornton

Big Red Blooded

Buck Lateral

WalkinVol

Bradley08 asked if we could keep it fun, and this sounds like a Baylor School for Boys and Girls and McCallie School for Boys post. Before mtnrasslin,herm,raider76,whiskyjoe,deadduxs and god forbid Mr WalkinVol start in on the( what do you call them WV?) oh yea the" evil blue empire " let's try not to start make this one ugly.

Tell you what, I'll start a new thread " What do you hate about The McCallie School For Boys and The Baylor School for Boys and Girls" That way you beautiful people can light each others @@@ up and we can keep this post HAPPY.

Back to the Topic

Who makes me laugh:

The Late Harry Thornton

Big Red Blooded

Buck Lateral

WalkinVol

Certainly hope Harry is not deceased. He should really just be seeing things from an all new perspective now! We need fans like him if the sport wants to succeed.