District 8AA

Eaglepride00

I am out of school. I am just a basketball junkie. I forgot about Barntes. He is legit. He can shoot it. I think you guys will miss Rucker and the point guard who wore a wig, I can't remember his name, a lot more than you are thinking you will. Rucker was the only guy on the team that played any D. Now he is gone and now Barnes is the only real ballhandler you have. You are correct that no one can stop Gaines but throw in a first year head coach and I just see problems. I could be wrong but I think a third place finish is in your future.

"but throw in a first year head coach and I just see problems"....Maybe you should do your research before you type. This coach played for The Coach Kington at Franklin Simpson (Kentucky) and probably could have played college bball, but chose to play football in West Virginia. For those who don't know, The Coach Kington is an excellent coach who's claim to fame is coaching Corey Brewer at Portland. Corey took three people to the NBAdraft; him mom, his brother Jason, and Coach Kington.

Furthermore, remember that Coach Spencer came to White House and helped Coach Jim Davis turn a 1 win team to a 20 win team.

Back to the subject at hand....Coach Spencer has learned from one of the best Coaches around and has experience. This guy will utilize his players on offense and will definitely hold teams to less than their average on defense.

Only time will tell who will win this district, but If I was a betting man.....i got a hundred spot on the "first year coach" and his team.

-Wall, Paul

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"but throw in a first year head coach and I just see problems"....Maybe you should do your research before you type. This coach played for The Coach Kington at Franklin Simpson (Kentucky) and probably could have played college bball, but chose to play football in West Virginia. For those who don't know, The Coach Kington is an excellent coach who's claim to fame is coaching Corey Brewer at Portland. Corey took three people to the NBAdraft; him mom, his brother Jason, and Coach Kington.

Furthermore, remember that Coach Spencer came to White House and helped Coach Jim Davis turn a 1 win team to a 20 win team.

Back to the subject at hand....Coach Spencer has learned from one of the best Coaches around and has experience. This guy will utilize his players on offense and will definitely hold teams to less than their average on defense.

Only time will tell who will win this district, but If I was a betting man.....i got a hundred spot on the "first year coach" and his team.

-Wall, Paul

i am glad to see that there is more supporters for white house. as for portland we will see if they suprise anybody or not. time will tell....

I know Dee. I think he will be a good head coach. But I also think there is a BIG difference in being an assistant and being the head coach. I just think there will be a "pucker factor" until he gets his feet wet. As you said, time will tell. I can't wait to see how it all shakes out. I am just ready to tip it off and get going. Did anyone go to the Jamboree last nite? What were the results? I didn't get to go check it out. How did everyone look?

• 3 weeks later...

I had to search all the way down to page 9 to find this thread. I believe it's time it was brought back to the top and discussed more.

Since the season has started, what are your thoughts on how this district will shake out? I only have one game to refer back to with White House, but I think they will a tough team to beat and will be scary good by the time district play starts.

1) White House- Barnes "lights out"> 23 pts. 1st game back>returning district mvp, Gaines-7 foot UT Signee Phil Jurick had no chance vs. Big Gaines in the substate win last year so why would anyone this year???> he dropped 18 and 14 on the UT commit. Zack Trobaugh is also a very solid player who returns as the 3rd starter from last year's state tournament team. The 4th returning starter is Garrett Wood 6'5" who returns with RG down low. Station Camp has no way possibly ever to guard both of our big men. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Chad and Chase Neal are both capable of getting good sets of minutes Chad being very athletic but Chase being a better shooter. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . Trox Greenwade, Aussie Light, and Zack Duty will all bring plenty of Depht for Gainey and Wood at the posts The Paynes, Mike T and Kirk will also make our already deep bench deeper /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

2) Station Camp- John Jenkins top 100 player in the country by rivals in his class. Deadly shooter/ scorer, Jenkins is prolly gonna take his team further then they went last year>substate> and he's the real deal. Prolly a 30 ppg type of player here, and he's only a junior!!!!! If you stop Jenkins tho you're in good shape. Quinton West a high-flyer who is very athletic but will be no match for Gaines. Cody Brown also another very good shooter. Terrell will be back at the point, and you know coach massey will have 'em ready.

3) DCA

4)Goodpasture

5) Portland

6)Greenbrier

1) White House- Barnes "lights out"> 23 pts. 1st game back>returning district mvp, Gaines-7 foot UT Signee Phil Jurick had no chance vs. Big Gaines in the substate win last year so why would anyone this year???> he dropped 18 and 14 on the UT commit. Zack Trobaugh is also a very solid player who returns as the 3rd starter from last year's state tournament team. The 4th returning starter is Garrett Wood 6'5" who returns with RG down low. Station Camp has no way possibly ever to guard both of our big men. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Chad and Chase Neal are both capable of getting good sets of minutes Chad being very athletic but Chase being a better shooter. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . Trox Greenwade, Aussie Light, and Zack Duty will all bring plenty of Depht for Gainey and Wood at the posts The Paynes, Mike T and Kirk will also make our already deep bench deeper /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

2) Station Camp- John Jenkins top 100 player in the country by rivals in his class. Deadly shooter/ scorer, Jenkins is prolly gonna take his team further then they went last year>substate> and he's the real deal. Prolly a 30 ppg type of player here, and he's only a junior!!!!! If you stop Jenkins tho you're in good shape. Quinton West a high-flyer who is very athletic but will be no match for Gaines. Cody Brown also another very good shooter. Terrell will be back at the point, and you know coach massey will have 'em ready.

3) DCA

4)Goodpasture

5) Portland

6)Greenbrier

I think you are about right on DCA will be better than last year, just depends on how long it takes some of these football players to get their legs under them after football is over the weekend of the 7th. they will be solid and very athletic, not very big biggest probably 6'5 or so. but will have good outside play with their guard Anderson

Is this Garrett Wood? Im surprised you can even spell on here more less play in a basketball game. I heard you had a .00025 gpa. Ridiculous.Is this Garrett Wood? Im surprised you can even spell on here more less play in a basketball game. I heard you had a .00025 gpa. Ridiculous.

WH Alumni take me off ur friends list, I ain't ur friend. Who r u anyways? Coward, i hope i find out who u r punk.

i am glad to see that there is more supporters for white house. as for portland we will see if they suprise anybody or not. time will tell....

Is this Garrett Wood? Im surprised you can even spell on here more less play in a basketball game. I heard you had a .00025 gpa. Ridiculous.

Is this Garrett Wood? Im surprised you can even spell on here more less play in a basketball game. I heard you had a .00025 gpa. Ridiculous.

Is this Garrett Wood? Im surprised you can even spell on here more less play in a basketball game. I heard you had a .00025 gpa. Ridiculous.Is this Garrett Wood? Im surprised you can even spell on here more less play in a basketball game. I heard you had a .00025 gpa. Ridiculous.

Dude come on