Wilson Central Beats Coffee County

TruckerJon

Well what a surprise. Wilson Central beats Coffee County in a complete "mockary" of home field advantage. As if everyone doesnt already know this, Coffee County was a 2 seed with a 6-4 record and hosted a 3 seed with an 8-2 record. Yeah, I know that doesnt seem right, but when you are in a region that is as weak as Region 3 anyone can host a playoff game. Well we saw who the better coached team was tonight. I say that because I really believe Coffee County had a good team with tons of good athletes but when you have a coach that goes for it on literally every 4th down you jeopardize the heart and will of those athletes when time after time in really crucial moments of the game those 4th down attempts fail. It is not fair to the players to be coached as wrecklessly as they are. This was Coffee Countys best chance in years to win a region championship and a playoff game (nothing that has ever happened at CC) anything less than that with this senior loaded team would be considered a failure. Well, Coffee County players I do not believe you failed. You beat Tullahoma and got the Pot. You finished with a winning record (6-5), and you hosted a playoff game. With all that being said you could have done so much better. I am sad that many people (not posters) in Coffee County will look at this year as a failure. You had a better team than Lincoln County and may have had a chance to have beaten Lebanon and avenge that 72-14 loss a few years ago in the first round. Good season none the less to the players. Coaches please punt on 4th and 9 next year especially when you are in your own territory. I know I have been hard on the coaches at times this season but come on...thats common sense. Oh well, Good luck next year. I dont know what CC has coming back but its probably not region championship material, but then again in this region (3) everyone has a chance. Congratulations Wilson Central, Good luck next week. I hope JT Majors and company can lead you to the state championship. Coach T thanks for hosting this web site but after tonight I'm shutting you down never to read another post until 2008.