Lookout Valley @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Glad to see you're going to make the game. Hope I get to meet you. MO$$$$ has me fixed

up with a seat on the 50. I'll be wearing the TC cap & a white w/ blue Dallas Cowboys

jacket. Gotta yell for the TIGERS, if my voice don't check out in the 1st quarter like

last week. LOL

I want to see you guys bring that Gold ball back to G-ville.

GO BIG BLUE!!!! FROM THE GRUNT & TC

I'll try to find you if my 2 and 4 year olds will let me get away.

You shouldn't be hard to pick out.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to find you if my 2 and 4 year olds will let me get away.

You shouldn't be hard to pick out.

Know exactly what you mean. I've got twin grandboys, 4yrs. old last week.

I'm easy to spot. I'll be the 846th best looking guy there. LOL ( ok, maybe

not that good!!)

See ya.. GO TIGERS...GET YA SOME GOLD!!

Tom,

If you get hooked up with "MOSS", please have your PA guy announce the score.

We'll be dying to find out who we're playing in round 3. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

BK

/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It's gameday people.

I believe a lot of the people in Region 3 think LV is going to slaughter Gville, at least that's the impression that the TFP puts off.

I've counted two articles that talk about how LV killed Watertown and Gville needed overtime to beat them.

I was just pointing that out.

I hope LV has a safe trip up and a long trip back.

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Well its game day wish i could be in two place at one time. But i have to make that trip down to SP tonight .But i decided to tell all u from GVILLE good luck tonight. Hope to see you in next round it would be another good game between us . But first things first we both got to take care of business tonight. GOOD LUCK and hope Smith and davis run all over LV.

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Well its game day wish i could be in two place at one time. But i have to make that trip down to SP tonight .But i decided to tell all u from GVILLE good luck tonight. Hope to see you in next round it would be another good game between us . But first things first we both got to take care of business tonight. GOOD LUCK and hope Smith and davis run all over LV.

Same to FCS. I hope Rickaway and Markham have career days.

Some articles from today's Chattanooga TFP

Rorex gives his all for Lookout valley

G'villes offensive guy better know where Rorex is...he is good

The preview>>>>>

CLASS 1A LOOKOUT VALLEY YELLOW JACKETS (10-1) at GORDONSVILLE TIGERS (9-2)

Tonight, 8

Playoff history: The teams have met twice in the postseason with Gordonsville winning 50-0 in 2002 and 42-7 in 2005. Lookout Valley, 3-9 in the postseason, has never advanced past the second round. Gordonsville, 28-21 in the playoffs, reached the 1984 state-title game but has lost in the second round each of the last four seasons. Whom to watch: Stop RB Chas Scruggs and stop the Jackets? South Pittsburg is the only team that has throttled Scruggs and Lookout Valley this year, and the senior had 249 rushing yards in last week??™s win over Watertown. However, the Valley showed some variety with Lance Rorex catching three TD passes, two from QB Casey Marr and one from Scruggs. Rorex also is a defensive threat, getting two interceptions and a fumble recovery last week. Gordonsville got 100-yard rushing games from Jordan Davis (17-106) and Justin Smith (17-117) and four TDs from Smith in a 35-19 win over Silverdale. Smith also threw for 132 yards, going 7-for-13 with Jesse Gullett getting 68 of those yards on two catches. Key question: Can Lookout Valley compensate enough with others if Gordonsville is able to limit Scruggs??™ contributions? Up next: The winner will travel to play the South Pittsburg-Friendship Christian winner.

Here is a good article on Coach Webb...I could not find a link

Webb leads turnaround at Lookout Valley

By Stephen Hargis Assistant Sports Editor

Tony Webb kept telling himself that things would get better. The situation certainly couldn??™t have gotten worse.

Lookout Valley??™s football program had won one game in each of the three previous years before Webb took over. But in 2004, Webb??™s first year as a head coach, his confidence was shaken as the Yellow Jackets suffered through an 0-10 season.

???I kept repeating to myself that we were just really young and things would improve,??? Webb said. ???You do begin to question yourself, but I realized that more than any other class, 1A football is all about cycles and we had talent coming up.???

Of the 33 players on the Yellow Jackets??™ roster in 2004, 26 were freshmen and sophomores. That group helped turn the program??™s fortunes just one year later with a 7-4 record.

The last three years are the most successful in program history as the Jackets have gone a combined 25-8, including a school-record 10-1 going into tonight??™s second-round game at Gordonsville. A win there would mark the first time Lookout Valley has advanced to the quarterfinals.

The only other time the Jackets put three consecutive winning seasons together was 1984-86, but they went to the playoffs in only two of those years.

???Every coach faces problems,??? Webb said. ???At places like Red Bank the expectations are high every year. Here, we have to deal with small numbers and starting over when you graduate a good class.

???I was never too worried about my job. Maybe I should have been, but I was just concentrating on getting us better. Now I??™m just glad to see all the kids??™ work is paying off for them.???

E-mail Stephen Hargis at shargis@timesfreepress.com

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Same to FCS. I hope Rickaway and Markham have career days.

Thanks croz you know we both face two offenses tonight. But the way i look at it if keep control of the ball and finish drives those other offense cant hurt u when they are on the sidlines next to the heaters .

Some articles from today's Chattanooga TFP

Rorex gives his all for Lookout valley

G'villes offensive guy better know where Rorex is...he is good

The preview>>>>>

CLASS 1A LOOKOUT VALLEY YELLOW JACKETS (10-1) at GORDONSVILLE TIGERS (9-2)

Tonight, 8

Playoff history: The teams have met twice in the postseason with Gordonsville winning 50-0 in 2002 and 42-7 in 2005. Lookout Valley, 3-9 in the postseason, has never advanced past the second round. Gordonsville, 28-21 in the playoffs, reached the 1984 state-title game but has lost in the second round each of the last four seasons. Whom to watch: Stop RB Chas Scruggs and stop the Jackets? South Pittsburg is the only team that has throttled Scruggs and Lookout Valley this year, and the senior had 249 rushing yards in last week??™s win over Watertown. However, the Valley showed some variety with Lance Rorex catching three TD passes, two from QB Casey Marr and one from Scruggs. Rorex also is a defensive threat, getting two interceptions and a fumble recovery last week. Gordonsville got 100-yard rushing games from Jordan Davis (17-106) and Justin Smith (17-117) and four TDs from Smith in a 35-19 win over Silverdale. Smith also threw for 132 yards, going 7-for-13 with Jesse Gullett getting 68 of those yards on two catches. Key question: Can Lookout Valley compensate enough with others if Gordonsville is able to limit Scruggs??™ contributions? Up next: The winner will travel to play the South Pittsburg-Friendship Christian winner.

Here is a good article on Coach Webb...I could not find a link

Webb leads turnaround at Lookout Valley

By Stephen Hargis Assistant Sports Editor

Tony Webb kept telling himself that things would get better. The situation certainly couldn??™t have gotten worse.

Lookout Valley??™s football program had won one game in each of the three previous years before Webb took over. But in 2004, Webb??™s first year as a head coach, his confidence was shaken as the Yellow Jackets suffered through an 0-10 season.

???I kept repeating to myself that we were just really young and things would improve,??? Webb said. ???You do begin to question yourself, but I realized that more than any other class, 1A football is all about cycles and we had talent coming up.???

Of the 33 players on the Yellow Jackets??™ roster in 2004, 26 were freshmen and sophomores. That group helped turn the program??™s fortunes just one year later with a 7-4 record.

The last three years are the most successful in program history as the Jackets have gone a combined 25-8, including a school-record 10-1 going into tonight??™s second-round game at Gordonsville. A win there would mark the first time Lookout Valley has advanced to the quarterfinals.

The only other time the Jackets put three consecutive winning seasons together was 1984-86, but they went to the playoffs in only two of those years.

???Every coach faces problems,??? Webb said. ???At places like Red Bank the expectations are high every year. Here, we have to deal with small numbers and starting over when you graduate a good class.

???I was never too worried about my job. Maybe I should have been, but I was just concentrating on getting us better. Now I??™m just glad to see all the kids??™ work is paying off for them.???

E-mail Stephen Hargis at shargis@timesfreepress.com

I read the article about Rorex, he worries me more than Scruggs.