Riverdale (11-0) vs. Wilson Central (9-2)

tdntn

There is no pride loss in losing just as Riverdale did last year to the state champions. The boys played hard but played down to the level of competition once again and that comes from the coaching staff. The defensive game plan was all over the place and they players seemed confused. Once again as it has been all year the big play hurt and this time they couldnt over come it. Congrats to WC and great job of watching game film. They knew right where Riverdales weaknesses were and attached them with no adjustment from the defensive coordinator. Keep it up WC and go put it on Smyrna. Lets keep the title in the region and if anyone from east tennessee has there douts where the strength in Tennessee football is they are blind. Should make for an interesting year next year with most all the teams lossing so many starters on both sides of the ball. Go for it now WC, with only 38 dressed and lossing so many next year, this may be your only chance for a long time. Make the most of it and congrats to all on a great season...

Played down to the level of the competiton? What!? You got throttled. Period. There is no playing down to the competition in the playoffs against a team from Region 4-5A.

Simply put, they should have played up to the level of the competition, instead of looking past the Wildcats.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You 82cat!

The main thing I do not like about the wingT is it wears the blockers out over the course of a season as they do not get to pass block as much. It is NOT a catch up offense either and we needed one last night desperately!

This is confusing since both teams run a similar offense........

1.) riverdales lineman were worn out, but WC lineman were not.

2.) not a catch up offense to a similar offense that did score points that should not score points because of the nature of the offense they both run.............sounds like the dog chasing its tail.

I hate to break it to you, but with the level of the Riverdale's skill folks (not O Lineman)...............I think they were right on track with what they did this season and did a super job game in and game out. The offense that both teams run will cover some specific weakness that you might have from year to year whearas some offenses require specific skill abilities..............this offense basically molds what you got.

WC is running the exact same offense as it did in 2005 with different type QB yet both look quite different; the offense has an OPTION component being used now, but not in 2005 (QB in 2005 threw more than run). I think Riverdale did a great job each year with the option component with both young Thomas and Smith (also for the record...........I think Smith had a terific year and is a battler just like McChurch).

This has been a very competitve year in Region 4-5A this season............several good teams.

This is confusing since both teams run a similar offense........

1.) riverdales lineman were worn out, but WC lineman were not.

2.) not a catch up offense to a similar offense that did score points that should not score points because of the nature of the offense they both run.............sounds like the dog chasing its tail.

I hate to break it to you, but with the level of the Riverdale's skill folks (not O Lineman)...............I think they were right on track with what they did this season and did a super job game in and game out. The offense that both teams run will cover some specific weakness that you might have from year to year whearas some offenses require specific skill abilities..............this offense basically molds what you got.

WC is running the exact same offense as it did in 2005 with different type QB yet both look quite different; the offense has an OPTION component being used now, but not in 2005 (QB in 2005 threw more than run). I think Riverdale did a great job each year with the option component with both young Thomas and Smith (also for the record...........I think Smith had a terific year and is a battler just like McChurch).

This has been a very competitve year in Region 4-5A this season............several good teams.

coach

I have went to several websites and reviewed all you work and inovation with the wing t. As I said earlier the wing t wc runs and the wing t riverdale runs should not be even called the same name.

Riverdale does not have the athletes or speed to run the wc version (other than the qb). However I have seen coach adeylots wing t when he was at hillsboro and even though he had athlets his still was the power version constantly attacking the middle with occasional jet or counter and as at riverdale virtually no passing. Some of it may be personnel but I think a lot of it is preference.

You mentioned the option component and I noted that earlier. Wc also runs sweeps that are reminescnet of the old student body right and student body left fron Southern Cal. Wc with the motion and shifting wants to out flank the defense.

good luck this week---- just not to much luck

Riverdale does not have the athletes or speed to run the wc version (other than the qb). However I have seen coach adeylots wing t when he was at hillsboro and even though he had athlets his still was the power version constantly attacking the middle with occasional jet or counter and as at riverdale virtually no passing. Some of it may be personnel but I think a lot of it is preference.

You mentioned the option component and I noted that earlier. Wc also runs sweeps that are reminescnet of the old student body right and student body left fron Southern Cal. Wc with the motion and shifting wants to out flank the defense.

something about you saying that just doesnt sit right with me...is jeremy mcclain not an athlete or have speed? he ran for 167 yards and 2 TDs on your defense a few weeks ago. he's probably run for close to 400 yards against yall the past 3 meetings.

i can go on and on...if we dont have the athletes or speed, smyrnas defense sure did allow us to look like we did. every one of our backs had a good game against yall. the only back on the field that night that really looked like he wasnt an athlete was JEREMIAH BRYSON, held to negative 5 yards.

atleast you didnt come down on smith

Played down to the level of the competiton? What!? You got throttled. Period. There is no playing down to the competition in the playoffs against a team from Region 4-5A.

Simply put, they should have played up to the level of the competition, instead of looking past the Wildcats.

I think this playing down to the level of competition is b.s. where are you digging this crap up from! I'm talking about warrior82dad who keeps posting this crap flatandfast because that what it is! Teams lose games because lack of intensity, complacement,mistakes=turnovers, missed assignments, not playing the way they are capable on a given night, over looking an opponent, officiating etc..... teams win games because they play the way they are capable of playing, don't make mistakes like turn overs missed assignments not over looking opponents not being complacent and in both cases coaching can be added also! And i'm sure there are a few reasons i'm forgetting! With that said I feel Wilson Central came an took it to Riverdale, you guys were ready and we were not! You came and dominated and we did'nt and I personally love Riverdale and it's great program, I had the privilage of being part of it from 97-05 when I lived in M'boro! In that time they played in the state championship 6 times 97,00,01,02,03,04! My son play 3 years 03,04,05! And what a program to be part of! Wow! Something me or my family will never forget! They have had a incredable run and now some other teams from region 4 are getting a chance and there is nothing wrong with that! This years version of the Warriors have nothing to hang their heads for because like in past years they have busted their butts to win like they did! Some great football in 4-5A and i'm proud for Wilson Central and Smyrna and who ever wins keep the gold ball in region 4-5A because thats where it belongs! Good luck to you both this will be a battle!

As a player on this team and a senior, it hurts to lose like that. Life goes on though. Just like i said nothing the did was special they just executed and we didnt. Everyone thinks we over looked them but we didnt. Everything that could go right for them did and everything for us that went wrong went wrong. Good luck to wilson central. Some people might give you guys respect but you deserve it. To everyone that thinks the dynasty is over, yuo may be right but im glad that i went and played at a school that could say that and have it considered an 'bad year' losing in the 2nd round.

As a player on this team and a senior, it hurts to lose like that. Life goes on though. Just like i said nothing the did was special they just executed and we didnt. Everyone thinks we over looked them but we didnt. Everything that could go right for them did and everything for us that went wrong went wrong. Good luck to wilson central. Some people might give you guys respect but you deserve it. To everyone that thinks the dynasty is over, yuo may be right but im glad that i went and played at a school that could say that and have it considered an 'bad year' losing in the 2nd round.

Chop I for one am very proud of you guys, I know it hurts right know, but soon that will go away and you will still have alot of great accomplishments and memories to look back on and enjoy! Football also teaches us life lessions and I can't explain it now but all you young men will know what i mean when that time comes! Enjoy the rest of your senior year you have alot of life to live and some day you will look back and laugh alot about your high school days! Thankyou for the great season I have really enjoyed watching you guys progress and for another great season of Riverdale Warrior Football you have made us all prouder than you will ever know! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> WE ALL LOVE OUR RIVERDALE WARRIORS!

the seniors at riverdale probably experienced less losses in 3 years than most hs seniors do in a year.

to say a dynasty is ending is a compliment to that very dynasty. you cant end a dynasty if you never had one.

as we get further away from those years that stretch of years will be even more impressive.

[/quoteGSON KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.YOU SOUND LIKE A GOOD YOUNG MAN.WOULD LIKE 2 HAVE YOUNG MEN LIKE YOU ON OOLTEWAHS TEAM.

Chop, I for one have enjoyed watching you play over the years and reading your posts on here. You have done something very admirable. You have brought back to Riverdale football.....humbleness. You have been a part of a team that folk have not automatically hated b/c of cockiness and arrogant posts. You have congratulated other teams, rooted for other teams, and told the truth on here about what you think. You are a leader on and off the field, and you have shown class. You will always be remembered as a TEAM player .....no one can ever take away your region championship, your undefeated season, your number one ranking, The regular season region streak intact, the joy of suiting up and starting, the intimidation of playing Riverdale by other schools, scads and tons of threads about how to beat yall........I could go on and on and on......but you know that tons of players in this county would trade places with you in a second.

You will be successful in everything that you do b/c you have character.