Riverdale (11-0) vs. Wilson Central (9-2)

tdntn

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god, I cant believe all this garbage I'm reading on here. You'd think we have won back to back state titles....I aint trying to be a jerk but jeeze come on guys, we hadn't done nothing yet.

03-Riverdale 52-0

04-Riverdale 41-0

05-Riverdale 28-14

06-Riverdale 31-0

07-Riverdale 29-7

Does anybody see a competitive game in there anywhere??

Do I think we can win?...yea I do. I've got a lot of confidence in these kids. They've already outdone themselves and proved a lot of people wrong. BUT theres a big difference between confidence and cockiness. Show these guys some respect. They're not the number one team in the state for no reason. They're there every season. We're coming off a 2-8 campaign. Nobody's expecting us to win this game....its still fun to be in this position though, but for us to sit here and say were gonna do this and gonna do that....it's totally insane. I'm not trying to make anyone mad at me but we just need to concentrate on the game or we're not going to make it through warm ups.

Amen Brother, finally someone who makes a little sense on here FOR EITHER SIDE. And please stop talking about Smyrna on this thread, create a new thread if you want about Riverdale and Smyrna but leave it off of this one. This thread is for people who want to talk about the Wilson Central vs. Riverdale game.

A message to all fans for both teams...... I don't know if you were at the first game, but the intensity before that game was unbelievable and it will be even greater this week. If you are thinking of staying home because it might be cold, or raining, or whatever....buy yourself a heavy jacket and a pancho because you will want to be at Tomahawk Stadium for this game. Both teams are very good and should be really exited for this game. If you have plans, and they don't include going to the game, then drop them. It will be worth the price of admission, I can guarantee you that.

WC fans did a great job of coming in force last game and I don't expect that to be any different this week. I thought the WC fans were about as good of fans as possible. They yelled loud for their team, they were respectful, and they did not leave early, even when the game got a little out of hand. I don't think leaving early will be an option this week, Riverdale fans - show up like you always do, and GET LOUD!!

The only reason Smyrna fans should be on this board is to maybe voice their opinion on how this shakes out. They have played both teams, and should have an idea of what they believe. Secondly, I am just pleased to see WC getting some credit for the way the boys have played this season. They were picked dead last in the region and are still fighting and playing hard. Honestly, I would love to see WC take this game and run the table this season. They are a young football team and opportunities like this don't come along every season for every team. They are on one heck of a run and I would like to see them pull it out. We all know Riverdale will be right back in the mix next year, when will WC have another shot like this? These are 2 of the better teams I have seen play all year. Whomever wins this game could very well win it all. But the old saying is true, "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

The only reason Smyrna fans should be on this board is to maybe voice their opinion on how this shakes out. They have played both teams, and should have an idea of what they believe. Secondly, I am just pleased to see WC getting some credit for the way the boys have played this season. They were picked dead last in the region and are still fighting and playing hard. Honestly, I would love to see WC take this game and run the table this season. They are a young football team and opportunities like this don't come along every season for every team. They are on one heck of a run and I would like to see them pull it out. We all know Riverdale will be right back in the mix next year, when will WC have another shot like this? These are 2 of the better teams I have seen play all year. Whomever wins this game could very well win it all. But the old saying is true, "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

Most of Riverdale's starters are seniors and will not be in the mix next year. They cannot say we will be here next year to win it all. They know what is at stake and will be there Friday night on a mission. No next year for this team, only now.

Everry time I post about this game somebody from riverdale always says something about smyrna and that brings a response back.

wc is the most dangerous 3 seed in years.

riverdale has enough talent and experience and "should" win this game.

wc has as good of team chemistry and is ready to make a run.

wc has some good athletes and all contribute

riverdale has a huge size advantage and should be able to run the ball.

As I said earler riverdale is the undefeated heavyweight champion and is leading all 11 rounds by a comfortable score

of 10 to 9 each round. However as they look across to the other corner they realize there are still 4 rounds to go and they know the opponent has nothing to lose and has to go all out for a knock out.

I have seen both teams on the field and on film and by every category riverdale should win but there is just something about wc that makes me believe they will win even though the big ones shows riverdale picked by 90%

idk the 2005 game was a pretty competitive game untill they started to pull away at the end when Aaron Scott threw an int and ran it back so.

phillip stevenson picked off that pass right in front of the riverdale sidelines and all the coaches were yelling for him to go down and he returned it all the way for the TD. of course everyone was happy he got a TD but he was asked why he didnt go down, he said "i was thinking WWDD...what would Dave (thomas) do" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

that play really did put the game away, WC was driving down the field well for the tie down 21-14

phillip stevenson picked off that pass right in front of the riverdale sidelines and all the coaches were yelling for him to go down and he returned it all the way for the TD. of course everyone was happy he got a TD but he was asked why he didnt go down, he said "i was thinking WWDD...what would Dave (thomas) do" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

that play really did put the game away, WC was driving down the field well for the tie down 21-14

I don't think I would have posted that pic. By defintion, pass interference in high school football is not based on a ball being catchable. IMO, it looks like the WC receiver is being hit and prevented from making a play on the ball. That is pass interference, and it should not have counted. Definitely puts that game's result in question. Is it another favorable call for the Warriors?

I don't think I would have posted that pic. By defintion, pass interference in high school football is not based on a ball being catchable. IMO, it looks like the WC receiver is being hit and prevented from making a play on the ball. That is pass interference, and it should not have counted. Definitely puts that game's result in question. Is it another favorable call for the Warriors?

Your largest concern should not be the officals. You should just repeat the words from the gladiator. Morituri te salutamus! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="