McKenzie vs Fayette Academy

VOLnWTN

I don't know much about either team, but I see that McKenzie has a much better record. I must go with McKenzie in this one. Good luck to both teams.

IF we play ball like we can this shouldn't be a close game really. I'm not gonna predict a blowout or anything like that but, it shouldn't be a squeaker either. We'll see what happens, it's the playoffs and all the season records are out the window now. McKenzie and Fayette Acad. are both 1-0 now. They sure aren't the worst team McKenzie has played by any means.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's Obviously A Gleason Fan. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 Pi-oed About The End Of Tater Season. Hey We Wanted Gleason to Win As Well. We had Special Plans Of Ending Your Season In Style. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Now why do you have to bring Gleason into this? I'm sure that most from Gleason will be pulling for McKenzie to win especially since FA played they way they did last Fri nite. One of their lineman bodyslammed our DE on the other side of the field away from the actual play. He was taken to the hospital. Many late hits and blocks in the back uncalled by the refs. At least the game will be in McKenzie so maybe you will get a fair shake. FA is very quick and plays well against the run. Gleason had no passing game, so not sure about the pass defense. Their QB looked pretty good throwing the ball, but they run most of the time since they were up from the start. RB #2 had almost 200 yards (maybe not as many if the refs called it straight).

Good Luck!

yea as if yall would have made it to the second round... CAN YOU SPELL D-R-I-L-L-E-D AND HARSH PUNISHMENT FOR YOU THIS TIME WE WOULDN'T HAVE TAKIN THE STARS OUT AT ALL THIS TIME... so be glad its b-ball season maybe your girls will bring another state championship to west tn. bc ur boys ain't so we depened on the gleason girls to bring it back for yall.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Maybe they will!!

Duck, sorry to read of your mishap (misstep!) but glad to see you are mending. I'm passing through M-town tomorrow and was wondering where to grab lunch. Have seen you and the Butch speak of Hig's. Is it worth a stop?

I say it is and butchie says no. Give it a try and you settle it!!!! I bet you'll love it!!!! If not Bob's BBQ is 300 yards further down 22 on the same side of the road. It's good too.

Now why do you have to bring Gleason into this? I'm sure that most from Gleason will be pulling for McKenzie to win especially since FA played they way they did last Fri nite. One of their lineman bodyslammed our DE on the other side of the field away from the actual play. He was taken to the hospital. Many late hits and blocks in the back uncalled by the refs. At least the game will be in McKenzie so maybe you will get a fair shake. FA is very quick and plays well against the run. Gleason had no passing game, so not sure about the pass defense. Their QB looked pretty good throwing the ball, but they run most of the time since they were up from the start. RB #2 had almost 200 yards (maybe not as many if the refs called it straight).

Good Luck!

I don't think anyone seriously considers this guy is from Gleason. But, one never knows. It's more a scolding of an individal than a slap at a school/team. Honestly I know of very little if any real animosity in McKenzie toward Gleason in sports. Butchie does have one little dig at Gleason because of a personal experience with the football program but for the most part all is well as far as we're concerned.

We appreciate any and all support that Gleason and the rest of our region gives us and we would be giving ya'll the same if the shoe was on the other foot. If Fayette wants to get physical, McKenzie just might not be the team to do it with though. We'll see what happens Friday night!!!

I Have No Axe To Grind With Mike Bennett Or Noah Lampkins. They Are good People And Good Coaches. But With Any Arm Chair Decision I'd A Done Some Things Different And It Seems They Are Now. And Good Luck To Em.

Now Don't Waste Time With Higs. Either Do Bob's Or Floor It To The Next town.

And Itsafactjack , You Now have 6 Posts And Congratulations. Funny they Are All Directed To Mckenzie. I Smell A Rat. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 Imma Have A Friend Check Yo File And See Where Your From.

And Duck If Your Back To Work Tuesday That Means We'll See ya Friday. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

I Have No Axe To Grind With Mike Bennett Or Noah Lampkins. They Are good People And Good Coaches. But With Any Arm Chair Decision I'd A Done Some Things Different And It Seems They Are Now. And Good Luck To Em.

Now Don't Waste Time With Higs. Either Do Bob's Or Floor It To The Next town.

And Itsafactjack , You Now have 6 Posts And Congratulations. Funny they Are All Directed To Mckenzie. I Smell A Rat. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 Imma Have A Friend Check Yo File And See Where Your From.

And Duck If Your Back To Work Tuesday That Means We'll See ya Friday. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

If you want some good eats before the game, come to the McKenzie 1st Cumberland Presbyterian Church. We are having a BBQ Dinner/Auction that night for a member of our church who has terminal breast cancer.

We are cooking 2 350 pound whole hogs for 20 hours.

Take out begins at 4:30 or you can eat in starting at 5:30 but if you get there a little early, I am sure we won't turn you away.

Tickets are $6 and you get a BBQ sandwhich, beans, slaw, dessert and drink. And to top it off the BBQ sauce we will be using will be Leon Wood's famous recipe. Many of the local folk who read this will know who that is. So come on by and get gut full before we take down the Vikings!!

http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Guys,

This is bit off subject but I am kind of parital to this story. This is where I come from.

White House community helps Polk Co. coach

By TOM KREAGER

Staff Writer

Blue Devil Pride, or BDP, is the school motto at White House in Sumner County.

The school and community demonstrated last week just how deep that BDP runs. The beneficiary happened to be the football coach of the Blue Devils' Class 3A first-round playoff opponent, a man in a time of need.

OAS_AD('300x250_1'); The high school and community raised about $2,400 for the family of Polk County Coach Derrick Davis after the Davis home was burglarized Nov. 6 — three days prior to his team's playoff game at White House.

"Derrick and I talked last Wednesday about them making the trip here," White House Coach Jeff Porter said. "That's when he mentioned that his house had been burglarized. They took everything, including their little girls' bicycles.

"I told my principal about it afterward and told him we needed to take up some money for them."

Davis broke down in tears after the game when a Polk County school official presented him the money and told him it was from his opponent, a team that had just ended his season with a 31-3 victory.

"I met Coach Porter in 2005 when they came here," Davis said. "I've got great respect for him. For them to think about another coach when they are preparing for another game is just amazing. That's just the type of people they are. Words can't describe that kind of gesture."

White House Principal Jeff Cordell said the school raised about $1,000 in 1? days prior to the game. Money came in all forms — pennies, nickels, quarters, dollar bills and even some twenties. The community raised the rest of the money.

Strangers helped out

White House senior Teysha Murray doesn't know where Benton, the town Polk County High is situated in, is located. And Murray wasn't able to attend the playoff game because she had to work. But she still gave what money she could afford.

"I emptied my purse," Murray said. "It shocked me how much money we raised at the school, especially since they don't even go to White House."

Cordell said one fan, a grandparent to a White House football player, even passed around a coffee tin during the game for fans to make a donation.

"We had churches and banks and a lot of people in the community get involved with this," Cordell said.

"This is what it's all about. We are supposed to do things like this when we can."