TSSAA

options86

Last night at a football game a player was injured and the parents were paged to the sidelines. TSSAA official told them they could not go past the gate, that they would bring the injured person to them. Also refused to let the person who went to get the car re-enter! Luckily a school administrator was present and overrode them. What have they come to when common sense and judgement are overridden with greed? The player is all right, nothing serious, but WOW!!

I don't agree with everything the tssaa does but theb host school mans the gates not TSSAA. Also sounds like an idiotic head official. If a player was hurt bad enough to summons parents why would you bring the injured player to them anyway? Be realistic though, not a TSSAA problem except for looking to how officials handled it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's all the fuss about? You said "the parents were paged to the sidelines". They weren't paged to the field - just the sidelines.

Does "TSSAA official" mean a ref? If so, then, yeah, they SHOULD stop a parent from getting on the field, unless the kid or the med. ppl. asks for his parent.

If the kid was bought to the sidelines, he couldn't have been in too bad of shape.

What's all the fuss about? You said "the parents were paged to the sidelines". They weren't paged to the field - just the sidelines.

Does "TSSAA official" mean a ref? If so, then, yeah, they SHOULD stop a parent from getting on the field, unless the kid or the med. ppl. asks for his parent.

If the kid was bought to the sidelines, he couldn't have been in too bad of shape.

The player was on the sidelines well away from the action, no it was not an official, but one of their hired help. Apparently you can't read either. Don't respond unless you have the ability to read up before you post. WOW!!

This thread is is a joke. The tssaa does not administrate playoff games. You should be mad at the host school they are responsible for game administation. Blaming the tssaa for this is crazy. I have never seen a parent denied access to the field if they were needed. Get a grip and criticize the correct people.

Not to sound like a acehole or anything, but these kids are in high school. Some of these men(and I do mean men), are about to go out into the real world in a few months. Heck, some of them may already be out in the real world, but my point is that these men are 17-18, some even 19 years old. They don't need thier mom and dad to be with them when the injury happens, unless it is serious or life threatning or anything of that kind. Let the parents deal with it after the game

Not to sound like a acehole or anything, but these kids are in high school. Some of these men(and I do mean men), are about to go out into the real world in a few months. Heck, some of them may already be out in the real world, but my point is that these men are 17-18, some even 19 years old. They don't need thier mom and dad to be with them when the injury happens, unless it is serious or life threatning or anything of that kind. Let the parents deal with it after the game

So when you have a concussion they drive themselves to the hospital? What world are you from! Have an adminstrator delete this post, only those who can't read are responding.