TSSAA

options86

The only time I've ever seen a TSSAA official in that capacity is at the Finals in Murphreesboro. I've never seen or heard of TSSAA monitoring gates or field access during the first round of the playoffs. Where was this, and why was TSSAA doing what they charge the host school with doing? All these facts do not add up.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of sounding like an insensitive jerk, hysterical parents don't make treating injured players any easier. Let the medical professionals take care of business.

If a student is injured, and a parent is freaking out, the likelihood of the player going into shock increases.

There's a possibility of the parent fainting or going into shock which also would add to situation.

A poorly informed parent may interfere with proper medical care.

Having said that...

The gate re-entry policy is bush league.

At the risk of sounding like an insensitive jerk, hysterical parents don't make treating injured players any easier. Let the medical professionals take care of business.

If a student is injured, and a parent is freaking out, the likelihood of the player going into shock increases.

There's a possibility of the parent fainting or going into shock which also would add to situation.

Having said that...

That's true. I can remember one incident from eye-witness. At houston Co. vs. Camden game a young man was lif-flighted to a hospital, but the kid's father went to check on him while on the field and the father suffered a heart-attack. Needless to say both people were life-flighted to hospitals. I can see where this would be a conflict of interest, but I still side with the parent of the injured young man. To deny the parent of the ability to see their injured child is wrong they are thier guardians, and it's their responsibility much less their perogative to check on their injured child. Very Glad to know that young man came out of the situation ok.

The only time I've ever seen a TSSAA official in that capacity is at the Finals in Murphreesboro. I've never seen or heard of TSSAA monitoring gates or field access during the first round of the playoffs. Where was this, and why was TSSAA doing what they charge the host school with doing? All these facts do not add up.

I agree. We don't have any facts here. No sense in declaring war on the basis of hearsay.

I agree onewaytoplay. Let the professionals take care of the situation. If it is bad enough, one of them will ask "Are the parents here?" and then they can come out. Hyper parents can only make the situation worse because they are in the way more than they can help.

As for the other......

My bet is that the people at the gate were the same people that have done it all year and have been instructed not to let anyone reenter under any circumstances and that he/she had no idea what was going on on the field.

Do you guys really think King Ronnie would send a T$$AA official to every playoff game? Ha! That would cost money that could otherwise go to his pension fund!

I agree with most posters (to let and not let parents see their child). I have a child who plays high school sports and if he were injured during a game here's what I would do.

I would let the medical professionals do their job to look over my son and see what's best for him. I don't necessarily need to be standing right beside them when they do, maybe be posted next to the ambulance (if it came to that).

From my military days I learned that letting the medics do their job in a time of need (for one of your military brothers) just pays dividends in the end.

As a leader (and a parent) you need to be thinking about other things that you need to be doing in order to make things better for your child (or soldier).

Freaking out in front of your child or other soldiers isn't going to have a good outcome.

I know that some of you will not agree with me on this but that's OK. You have your right as a parent to be with your child. But "if" the TSSAA won't let a parent be with thier injured child then we, as parents, school officials, and adults have some serious issues.

At least this young man wasn't seriously injured.

I agree. We don't have any facts here. No sense in declaring war on the basis of hearsay.

Apparently you didn't read orginal post. Those are facts. The reason they can afford to have someone at the gates is because they take half of the gate money and split the other half with the teams playing! It was not a serious injury, it was one where the trainers wanted the parents to take the player to the hospital for a follow-up. This was not a hysterical type of situation and they were paged to come to the sidelines.

Apparently you didn't read orginal post. Those are facts. The reason they can afford to have someone at the gates is because they take half of the gate money and split the other half with the teams playing! It was not a serious injury, it was one where the trainers wanted the parents to take the player to the hospital for a follow-up. This was not a hysterical type of situation and they were paged to come to the sidelines.

I agree 100% about them affording to have someone at the gate. I mean they get 1/2 the ticket money so I know they can afford to pay one person to be there.

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Having said that...

Given what you're saying being true, (about the hysterical parent and all, shock etc.), COME ON!!!!

P.S. Don't want anyone to misunderstand my post. I am agreeing with oneway completely...Double frowning faces are completely and solely directed at TSSAA.

If the police cannot question your child without you present in the event of a crime how on earth can an official keep you from your injured child.

If this is true the parents have great grounds for a large suit. I would take every dime I could.

There are days the TSSAA makes no sense whatsoever to me. I think their motto should be changed to "Do what we think is right at any given moment...but be prepared for that to change."

DL.

I agree onewaytoplay. Let the professionals take care of the situation. If it is bad enough, one of them will ask "Are the parents here?" and then they can come out. Hyper parents can only make the situation worse because they are in the way more than they can help.

As for the other......

My bet is that the people at the gate were the same people that have done it all year and have been instructed not to let anyone reenter under any circumstances and that he/she had no idea what was going on on the field.

Do you guys really think King Ronnie would send a T$$AA official to every playoff game? Ha! That would cost money that could otherwise go to his pension fund!

In our case we have someone (Teacher) different at the gate every game. They are instructed to not let anyone in without a ticket and no one gets a pass out. It then depends on the teacher as to how lax they are on the rules. As far as getting on the field. I have seen parents on the field but most of the time they meet the player in the bench area. I must say I have been at sports events and seen parents that I would not want to be let near the field. Some may try to take their childs injury out on an opposing player because little Johnny got hurt.