Rezoning in nashville

hilltopper12

On a different note....................

At the latest "rezoning" meeting THAT group of "concerned citizens" is bemoaning the fact thet the Metro school system has become segregrated again and wants to takes steps to continue to insure "diversity" is addressed in the next "zoning lunacy" that is implemented.

NEWS FLASH TO THAT GROUP OF "CONCERNED CITIZENS

Metro Schools are now 57 % Black, 35% White, and the rest..............thus the only way to continue more of this diversity lunacy is to BUS whites from the private schools or BUS whites from adjoining counties. *note I do not think you will ever be able to find a liberal-enough judge to pull that one off!

The landmark "busing experiment" did completely wrecked a perfectly good school system along with some great

neighborhood schools (both white and black). The "concerned citizens" of that previous time were so blinded by historic wrongs (and rightly so) that the "baby was thrown out with the bath water".

I wish we had had a "reverse hindsight telescope" at the time, but we did not, BUT what we do have is the fact that the old "diversity" plan failed miserably, now get over and try something that makes sense!

FACT: It is very difficult to force Americans to do things that they do not want to do; but some liberal-minded folks JUST KNOW that they are smarter than the un-washed masses (as they live in their gated communities and send their children to prestigious private schools), but they are the type folks we keep electing! (hmmm...........maybe they are smarter!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" )

At the latest "rezoning" meeting THAT group of "concerned citizens" is bemoaning the fact thet the Metro school system has become segregrated again and wants to takes steps to continue to insure "diversity" is addressed in the next "zoning lunacy" that is implemented.

Metro Schools are now 57 % Black, 35% White, and the rest..............thus the only way to continue more of this diversity lunacy is to BUS whites from the private schools or BUS whites from adjoining counties. *note I do not think you will ever be able to find a liberal-enough judge to pull that one off!

The landmark "busing experiment" did completely wrecked a perfectly good school system along with some great

neighborhood schools (both white and black). The "concerned citizens" of that previous time were so blinded by historic wrongs (and rightly so) that the "baby was thrown out with the bath water".

I wish we had had a "reverse hindsight telescope" at the time, but we did not, BUT what we do have is the fact that the old "diversity" plan failed miserably, now get over and try something that makes sense!

FACT: It is very difficult to force Americans to do things that they do not want to do; but some liberal-minded folks JUST KNOW that they are smarter than the un-washed masses (as they live in their gated communities and send their children to prestigious private schools), but they are the type folks we keep electing! (hmmm...........maybe they are smarter!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" )

Yes, I saw those Concerned Citizens wanting to send the Sylvan Park area ( West Nashville) to Pearl/Cohn.

Didn't work the first time (the busing experiment) and it ain't going to work this time either--send the kids to school in their neighborhoods!!!!!! Wow!!! What a great idea.

Right on the money!! BUT; now there is always a BUT (LOL); the saddest comment will probably be these 4-5 posts on this subject, because in reality, no one cares anymore! The Metro-Nashville School System problems will never be solved by the likes of Pedro Garcia and his crowd.

Public school systems throughout this country need a new mind-set and it will start with locals untying from the Washington DC mess and doing what is best for their people, not something dictated by a federal judge. At some point, hopefully common sense will come back into the equation.

Right on the money!! BUT; now there is always a BUT (LOL); the saddest comment will probably be these 4-5 posts on this subject, because in reality, no one cares anymore! The Metro-Nashville School System problems will never be solved by the likes of Pedro Garcia and his crowd.

Public school systems throughout this country need a new mind-set and it will start with locals untying from the Washington DC mess and doing what is best for their people, not something dictated by a federal judge. At some point, hopefully common sense will come back into the equation.

As a former teacher and coach in Metro for over 27 years I always wondered why the "Athens of the South" had to go across country to find a person "smart" enough to run our school system. We have had numerous people inside of our system that could have done a much better job than any of the out of state people! What ever happened to "promote from within". Why can not the board of education grow a brain and give some of the dedicated and hard working people that have given many years of their life and service to Nashville and its children a chance to make the "Metro Schools" something that we all can be proud of!!!!

That's all I have to say about that!!!!!

People care, its just some that were concerned early have already LEFT Nashville to the surrounding counties.

For example take Antioch. My mother graduated from there back in the early 50's. The 'current' Antioch is now the third one I know of but it is NOT a neighborhood school anymore. Heck, the second one suffered because of the grand experiment when alot of kids were taken from there and sent to McGavock. This brought about the attitudes of 'why' should I care if the "SYSTEM" obviously does not. I would have loved for my son to have been a Bear, or a Bulldog for that matter as that is where I graduated from, but I would NOT move to Davidson County just for that. Instead he played at the school he was zoned for just 10 minutes away from the house.