Farragut Fans

etcoach

Papa good to hear from you again. I do not think that you can link bigger and stronger or even talent at any given position to athletic ability.

Thank you sir; it's good to be back!

What I said was that if talent and athleticism were equal, would you then not give the nod to size and speed?

I've never seen Halliday, and I know that he'd have to be a specimen to even be in the same conversation as Burstrom. But someone else had said that they were about equal in talent and athletic ability. So, if that's the case, then it was my logic that purely physical attributes could be the deciding factor in a head to head comparison? Just a thought.

And to the person who commented on Maryville's offense...please. If you want to say they aren't the best around, fine. If you want to say they aren't as good as Farragut's....please. Welcome to the playoffs FHS. Please try to act like you're not a newcomer to success by making ignorant statements about the perennial measuring stick of East TN.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure why you would consider garner, leaps and bound ahead of works, work has 1500 yds rushing, what does garner posees that works does not

Ok you are correct in sayin Zack is an incredible athlete... But he does not run a 4.4.... 4.5 or 4.6.... Andre ran a 4.43... Zallen is a tremendous all around athlete though....

On the halliday v.s. burstrom... as a Farragut fan having seen both play... halliday is a much better quarterback... his stats aren't as impressive bc look at the people he has around him v.s. the people burstrom is surrounded with...

As for halliday and works v.s. burstrom and garner... i'd take garner and burstrom b.c garner is leaps and bounds ahead of works...

As for who i would like to play.... Billy Blount... It'd be alot easier to lose to them as opposed to Bearden b/c i dont want to be known as the first senior class to lose to them in 6 years... That being said i think we beat either one of them....

MARYVILLE was not the best offense WB has seen either... I watched that game and was really not impressed.... Farragut's Offense is wayyyy better.... The nod would go to maryville's d though against ours....

Works vs. Garner: From a speed stand point, Garner has a decided advantage over Works. From a power stand point, I give it to Works. Although Farragut shut down Oak Ridge's toss, I still feel more comfortable going up against a North/South runner like Works. Works can get loose on the corner, as he did early in their game against Farragut, I think his strong suit is tough yards between the tackles. Garner has enough speed to be a constant threat to the perimiter. One mistake by your edge players, and he will be in the endzone. Farragut's 3 inside LB's are great run stoppers inside the tackles, but can be exposed when forced to chase to the sidelines, this puts extreme stress on the OLB's when playing a team that relies on an outside running game.

Halliday vs. Burstrom: I would put their arm strength pretty much equal. Burstrom is much faster and elusive than Halliday. Experience is where Halliday has the advantage. Having started since he was a Soph., Halliday will not get rattled in a big game.

Therefore, because of the WB players speed, I would much rather play Bearden. Not because Garner/Burstrom are better than Works/Halliday, but because I think Farragut's defense matches up better against the Bearden players. Plus, I think because it's such a bitter rivalry, you wont have to worry about the Farragut players not being hyped to play Bearden.