Farragut Fans

etcoach

I can not say anything about Halliday (I have never seen him play), but Burstrom is a phenomenal athlete. It is hard for me to believe that there are very many people at this level that are more athletic than Burstrom. Halliday might very well be a better quarterback, but to say he is more of an athlete is hard for me to believe.

Not really sure (and I may be way off base here), but I think that Halliday is considerably larger than Burstrom...can anyone clarify that?

If that's the case, then you'd have to think that if talent and athleticism are held in equal portions that you'd have to go with the bigger, stronger guy right?

I'll say that I don't think Farragut wants to see Billy B again. I know the Gov defense is better than they showed the last time they played. They've been resting for several weeks now as opposed to coming off a game against the best offense they saw all season that went down to the wire. I don't see Sterling getting shut down, but I do think he'd run into much more formidable opposition this time around. It is VERY uncharacteristic for this Gov defense to give up yards like that. Also, the Gov passing attack has refined itself over the course of the season and is really clicking right now.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure (and I may be way off base here), but I think that Halliday is considerably larger than Burstrom...can anyone clarify that?

If that's the case, then you'd have to think that if talent and athleticism are held in equal portions that you'd have to go with the bigger, stronger guy right?

I'll say that I don't think Farragut wants to see Billy B again. I know the Gov defense is better than they showed the last time they played. They've been resting for several weeks now as opposed to coming off a game against the best offense they saw all season that went down to the wire. I don't see Sterling getting shut down, but I do think he'd run into much more formidable opposition this time around. It is VERY uncharacteristic for this Gov defense to give up yards like that. Also, the Gov passing attack has refined itself over the course of the season and is really clicking right now.

Papa good to hear from you again. I do not think that you can link bigger and stronger or even talent at any given position to athletic ability.

it may be hard for you to believe but Halliday may be one of the best atheletes around, 4.5 runner, extremeley strong, threw the ball 64 yards in the jamboree, and like burstrom he is also an excellent baseball player,

I can not say anything about Halliday (I have never seen him play), but Burstrom is a phenomenal athlete. It is hard for me to believe that there are very many people at this level that are more athletic than Burstrom. Halliday might very well be a better quarterback, but to say he is more of an athlete is hard for me to believe.

it may be hard for you to believe but Halliday may be one of the best atheletes around, 4.5 runner, extremeley strong, threw the ball 64 yards in the jamboree, and like burstrom he is also an excellent baseball player,

Very true. Both are phenomenal baseball players. I don't think there is a huge difference in athletic ability, but if I had to choose I would say Dawson is better. He's good at everything.

Very true. Both are phenomenal baseball players. I don't think there is a huge difference in athletic ability, but if I had to choose I would say Dawson is better. He's good at everything.

Games of this level are rarely determined by atheltic ability, the "better" is more about judgement, trust, execution, coaching, and ....judgement.

Zack Allen from Farragut is the most athletic kid i know. he's started on the baseball and football teams since he was a sophomore and he dressed varsity for baseball as a freshman. he could also play basketball if he wanted. the kid is a freak of nature. runs a 4.4, fastest on the team. it helps when your calfs are the size of footballs. he is the X Factor for Farragut in the playoffs

Zack Allen from Farragut is the most athletic kid i know. he's started on the baseball and football teams since he was a sophomore and he dressed varsity for baseball as a freshman. he could also play basketball if he wanted. the kid is a freak of nature. runs a 4.4, fastest on the team. it helps when your calfs are the size of footballs. he is the X Factor for Farragut in the playoffs

Ok you are correct in sayin Zack is an incredible athlete... But he does not run a 4.4.... 4.5 or 4.6.... Andre ran a 4.43... Zallen is a tremendous all around athlete though....

On the halliday v.s. burstrom... as a Farragut fan having seen both play... halliday is a much better quarterback... his stats aren't as impressive bc look at the people he has around him v.s. the people burstrom is surrounded with...

As for halliday and works v.s. burstrom and garner... i'd take garner and burstrom b.c garner is leaps and bounds ahead of works...

As for who i would like to play.... Billy Blount... It'd be alot easier to lose to them as opposed to Bearden b/c i dont want to be known as the first senior class to lose to them in 6 years... That being said i think we beat either one of them....

MARYVILLE was not the best offense WB has seen either... I watched that game and was really not impressed.... Farragut's Offense is wayyyy better.... The nod would go to maryville's d though against ours....

Ok you are correct in sayin Zack is an incredible athlete... But he does not run a 4.4.... 4.5 or 4.6.... Andre ran a 4.43... Zallen is a tremendous all around athlete though....

On the halliday v.s. burstrom... as a Farragut fan having seen both play... halliday is a much better quarterback... his stats aren't as impressive bc look at the people he has around him v.s. the people burstrom is surrounded with...

As for halliday and works v.s. burstrom and garner... i'd take garner and burstrom b.c garner is leaps and bounds ahead of works...

As for who i would like to play.... Billy Blount... It'd be alot easier to lose to them as opposed to Bearden b/c i dont want to be known as the first senior class to lose to them in 6 years... That being said i think we beat either one of them....

MARYVILLE was not the best offense WB has seen either... I watched that game and was really not impressed.... Farragut's Offense is wayyyy better.... The nod would go to maryville's d though against ours....

a bunch of the football guys were tellin me he ran a 4.49 and andre ran a 4.47. i meant to put second fastest though my bad haha. oh well idk but either way hes fast

I can't believe that anyone would take Burstrom over halliday, Halliday is bigger faster, stronger, better arm, you can throw out stats all you want but Halliday is man among boys and terrific leader. any football person would tell you the same. Burstrom is a terrrific QB but athletically and game sense wise he is not the player halliday is, the only thing he may have on him is a few more weapons around him

i can guarantee you that burstrom is a better athlete. he may not be as tall but he is quicker than halliday and has just as strong an arm as you will see on friday night. he threw a bomb to cope against maryville that went about 50-55 yards in the air and was on the money. and if halliday really ran a 4.5 forty i would have to see it to believe it.

i can guarantee you that burstrom is a better athlete. he may not be as tall but he is quicker than halliday and has just as strong an arm as you will see on friday night. he threw a bomb to cope against maryville that went about 50-55 yards in the air and was on the money. and if halliday really ran a 4.5 forty i would have to see it to believe it.

Halliday can't run a 4.5 40... it was just some Bearden fan talkin up one of their players...

I do think Burstrom is a better athlete but i think i'd take Halliday overall...