MR. FOOTBALL FINALISTS

Big Country

HAHA well check any media outlet you like. But i know for fact jordan did not even have 70 yards vs. mckenzie! This may be why jordan has 2,700 yards rushing. They add fifty yards to every game. And bruceton as a team had 109 yards rushing. edwards had 7 carries for 34 yards, bryant had 2 carries for 7 yards, and matlock had 3 yards only on one carry thou. True mckenzie has good receivers just like brucetion has a good line. However carr last year had around 2,200 yards passing and his top three recievers graduated. The offensive that carr leads averages more yards per snap than jordan averages per carry. thats the truth. That includes incomplete passes runs from the one yard line, and every time mckenzies O is on the field. I also do not think jordan will ever play an offensive play in college. I think he will be a strong safety or linebacker. Probally will make the move to linebacker because he is not quite fast enough to play db at college level. He is not the best player in one a and i can not say that carr is because i have not seen everyone play.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy Holt of David Lipscomb is an incredible player, and I don't believe most appreciate how good he is. I'm a DL parent with a son on the team and I help administer the Mustangfanpage website. Therefore, I'm at every game and I get to see game film, all game photos, etc... I've also seen some very good players and running backs on other teams.

First of all, Jeremy is one of the most unselfish young men on the team. (He's not the only one as this is part of the DL approach.) He's not into saying "look at me". In fact he's waited patiently behind many other talented running backs for his chance. On many teams he would have been the featured back much sooner. He could easily have more than twice the yards he has, but again, unselfishly he has been a team player allowing the Lipscomb Offense to be a more balanced attack, which is much more effective, and hard to defend. In many games, he only get a few carrys. I believe against Cheatham County, he had 1 carry and against Montgemery Central he had 2. He is also one of the hardest workers on the team and at around 180lbs, he benches around 350 lbs.

When going through game photos last night to find a photo or two to post to the MFP website, it was simply amazing to look at shots of some his long runs. (He averages 12.7 yds per carry, so there have been several.) What I see is how good he is at making people miss. There are literally guys laying all over the field at the end of his long runs. Check out the photos from a run against Greenbrier on the MFP.... Mustangfanpage

SND

Jeremy got more than his usual 5 to 7 carries tonight vs. Marshall County. He carried 21 times for 204 yds, 1 td. This is not to mention his stellar play on defense.

How the heck does a linebacker/ split end get a nomination for 1A lineman? I don't know but I'll take it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time in history that a JB player has even been nominated. CONGRATS AARON!

This is not the first in Jo Byrns history it is the second, but he is still a great player none the less, it is about time the state took notice of the players at Jo Byrns. There should have been more than just the two. Many worthy football players have come from that school.

You're probably right. I played with him so I should remember but I don't. I was young and didn't pay much attention to that kind of stuff back then. He certainly had the numbers to be nominated. But I'll say this, he got "showed up" in round 1 of the playoffs by Mr. Swift of Lake Co. that year. That loss still hurts. I guess thats what happens when you play against NFL material.

It was round #2, and there were 10 other guys on the field that night.

Tell us something about the 1A lineman. Beside there's not as many stats for lineman.

Alex Matlock, Hollow-Rock Bruceton Central

Robert Robinson, South Pittsburg

Aaron Yates, Jo Byrns

Aaron Yates is a clss act and not actualy a lineman but a split end and line backer. He is very atheletic and talented and am sure he would tell you he is in the company of others who would deserve and be humbled by the nomination. JB is stacked and and fun to watch.

on the marco /jordan debate what i do know is marco playes only 2 quarters in over half the mtp games if he would have played all the game aganist some of the teams they played i do belive the 700 yards would become a negative number

If you figure jordans yards per carry, it really is not that impressive. When you run the ball 40 plus times a game out of 50 something plays, against their schedule. If he tries to play at the next level, he had better get alot faster.