Freshman/ JV Tournaments

GoSpartans

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE VERY SMART COACH AT HALLS...

I'm detecting a bit of bias in your post, Coach. You wouldn't happen to know him personally, would you?

Thanks for the info on the McGavock grandchampionship in Jan. Please do post when you find dates. Would 8th graders be allowed to compete at the freshman level at your tourn. if we are on the same campus?

McGavock hosts the Fred Rigsby freshman grandchampionship. It's in January, but I can't remember the exact date. A one day, double elimination tournament held on a saturday. Freshmen only. I think it's the weekend after the Brentwood tournament. I'll post the date later when I get home.

IS THIS THE FIRST YEAR OF THIS TOURNAMENT. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE. PLEASE SHARE THE DATE AND FORMAT WITH US. IS THIS TOURNAMENT OPEN TO ANY FRESHMEN IN TENNESSEE?

THANKS,

THE ANIMAL

IS THIS THE FIRST YEAR OF THIS TOURNAMENT. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE. PLEASE SHARE THE DATE AND FORMAT WITH US. IS THIS TOURNAMENT OPEN TO ANY FRESHMEN IN TENNESSEE?

THANKS,

THE ANIMAL

This is atleast the 10th year it's been held. It use to float around Nashville schools, but McGavock has hosted it the past 7 or 8 years. It's open to any freshmen, no 8th graders. One day, double elimination. The middle TN referees are in charger of it so you'd have to contact them. Tim Able and P.A. Bowler are usually the main guys if anybody here has their contact info.