Sequoyah Football

warchief

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be a situation in the league in which the juniors division can combine, Loudon, Lenoir City, Athens will all be starting Middle school programs which will hurt everyones junior program. I'm told that they are actually trying to get Midways Middle School football team to come into the league, maybe thats the way to go, bring in all Middle School programs to play at the Junior level. I'm not sure what the answer is but I do know the High school coaches should be involved somehow.

I have'nt heard about this. If this is true it could help awnser some of the issues we have been talking about.

You know there will be a few parents who will absolutely would not like the combining of the towns, but to teach the kids to play together and grow together that just might be a huge thing for your program. I read on the other post that you guys would have maybe 50 kids per team, that would be a nice problem to have and maybe if winning ball games starting happening there would be even more. Just look at the teams over in region 4 AAA, they have 80 to 90 kids per team, they dont rebuild every year, they reload. I understand that playing time may come hard to get for alot of kids but you can always schedule other games during the weak so everyone gets some action on the field. Then someone mention where would everyone practice, from what I remember those two towns are very close together, with the high school in the middle, maybe practice somewhere at the high school. Then there is the problem "who's going to coach", I really think those involved can make the right choices. You guys need input from the High School Coaches but I understand that those guys already have alot to do with their own jobs and I would understand if they felt it would be to much for them to deal with, but maybe a meeting before the season starts to get everyone on the same page wouldnt be so bad for them, just cant ask those guys to come out every week, they got a job to do of their own. The right answer is out there, just like Warchief said, talk and something good will come out of it.

There might be a situation in the league in which the juniors division can combine, Loudon, Lenoir City, Athens will all be starting Middle school programs which will hurt everyones junior program. I'm told that they are actually trying to get Midways Middle School football team to come into the league, maybe thats the way to go, bring in all Middle School programs to play at the Junior level. I'm not sure what the answer is but I do know the High school coaches should be involved somehow.

I think by tssaa middle school rules you cant play in a different league if you have a roster with them. Nobody has still answer the question of who would coach. I know a few high school coaches who have coached their kid at one time or another in little league or high school.

I think by tssaa middle school rules you cant play in a different league if you have a roster with them. Nobody has still answer the question of who would coach. I know a few high school coaches who have coached their kid at one time or another in little league or high school.

As far as tssaa middle school rules go, that is something that would just have to be checked into. I do think there is some big deferences compared to high school? As for a coach these are some of the things that would need to be worked out.

with a united Middle School/ Jr age Playing under the Sequoyah middle banner.

I can think of 1 coach who would fit the bill

coach James or someone like minded, willing to work with SQHS,not tied to either town by long heated history.

No daddy ball involved

Coach James would be someone to think of.

with a united Middle School/ Jr age Playing under the Sequoyah middle banner.

I can think of 1 coach who would fit the bill

coach James or someone like minded, willing to work with SQHS,not tied to either town by long heated history.

No daddy ball involved

Coach James would be someone to think of.

thats a good person to think of , but by my understanding if you cant field 4 teams in the sequoyah conference then you cant compete in that league. then if you cant field the smaller teams then you lose all support from parents and kids from the younger age groups. My opinion -stupid idea to field a middle school team or to change leagues

Form a new conference with the smaller age groups. I am not from Madisonville or Vonore, I am a Tellico boy, and I agree that all of the Middle schools in the county should have Football and Baseball teams. This will help in the competitive progress of each of the schools as well as helping them being accumated to the teaching process.

I think that if the rules are adjust or manipulated to creating a new conference that does not include the Juniors if so, that would not be a huge problem, then there could also be those who do not want to participate at the JR level and may still participate in the junior league.

Just my opinion.

thats a good person to think of , but by my understanding if you cant field 4 teams in the sequoyah conference then you cant compete in that league. then if you cant field the smaller teams then you lose all support from parents and kids from the younger age groups. My opinion -stupid idea to field a middle school team or to change leagues

I don't believe anyone on here would support not being able to field the smaller teams. Were talking about fielding a combined middle school team/ or jr. team, and still being able to have a place for the 3 smaller teams to play. It kinda goes hand & hand. Now can this be done? we don't know. Thats what was meant about exploring the options.

I don't believe anyone on here would support not being able to field the smaller teams. Were talking about fielding a combined middle school team/ or jr. team, and still being able to have a place for the 3 smaller teams to play. It kinda goes hand & hand. Now can this be done? we don't know. Thats what was meant about exploring the options.

You're right,no one wants to do away with the smaller teams. It seems to me if these other teams are considering middle school ball(f-ball and b-ball)we need to look into it also. It might be hard to get a 10 game schedule at first,and maybe if enough kids participate,have a J-V schedule with the middle school team so everyone will have a chance to be on the field at some point getting experience. If it is a successful venture,eventually the numbers would probably call for that anyway. Food for thought,but we definitely need to chew on it for a while. I would suggest the LL commissioners get involved now to discuss this and see if it would be possible.BTW,what do the teams in Blount and Knox county do as far as the smaller teams? Are they totally separated?

You're right,no one wants to do away with the smaller teams. It seems to me if these other teams are considering middle school ball(f-ball and b-ball)we need to look into it also. It might be hard to get a 10 game schedule at first,and maybe if enough kids participate,have a J-V schedule with the middle school team so everyone will have a chance to be on the field at some point getting experience. If it is a successful venture,eventually the numbers would probably call for that anyway. Food for thought,but we definitely need to chew on it for a while. I would suggest the LL commissioners get involved now to discuss this and see if it would be possible.BTW,what do the teams in Blount and Knox county do as far as the smaller teams? Are they totally separated?

Something else to think about, football/cheerleading support other sports in the LL, if we eliminate the juniors program it may hurt "financially" down the road, just something to think about. The knoxville leagues have teams for each age group, one for 5 y/olds, one for 6 y/olds, etc... My opinion, if you combine one, you combine all of em and remain in the conference, if they dont combine you would have conflicts in scheduling or simply have a junior selct team for "Sequoyah" and those who dont make it should play for their town in which they live and make the best of it. This is what Midway does now, but I gotta say when Midway's junior team takes the field it's something bad, not sure if you would have enough players to field a team, and like Maddoun said, no junior team, then you will not be in the conference.

I goota agree, if there is not one middle school then it just cant happen, cant ask the high school to help, they already have Varsity and JV to deal with. Plus who would finance to combination of the juniors team, certainly would not be the LL's, money at the High school is too tight, so parents would have to foot the bill, I'm guessing 3-4hundred dollars per kid. Just something else to think about.