Sequoyah Football

warchief

Something else to think about, football/cheerleading support other sports in the LL, if we eliminate the juniors program it may hurt "financially" down the road, just something to think about. The knoxville leagues have teams for each age group, one for 5 y/olds, one for 6 y/olds, etc... My opinion, if you combine one, you combine all of em and remain in the conference, if they dont combine you would have conflicts in scheduling or simply have a junior selct team for "Sequoyah" and those who dont make it should play for their town in which they live and make the best of it. This is what Midway does now, but I gotta say when Midway's junior team takes the field it's something bad, not sure if you would have enough players to field a team, and like Maddoun said, no junior team, then you will not be in the conference.

I believe your info is a little off. I don't know about vonore but in Madisonville this past year all the sports were to the good. And unless i am wrong basketball done the best.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe your info is a little off. I don't know about vonore but in Madisonville this past year all the sports were to the good. And unless i am wrong basketball done the best.

Even so, where does the money come from to start a team for "Sequoyah"? Does the high school have the equipment and uniforms for this? Would this be considered a high school project? Dont get me wrong, I'm all for seeing this happen but there seems to be so many roadblocks. Until the county builds one middle school, just dont know if its possible. Until then both programs stay put.

I goota agree, if there is not one middle school then it just cant happen, cant ask the high school to help, they already have Varsity and JV to deal with. Plus who would finance to combination of the juniors team, certainly would not be the LL's, money at the High school is too tight, so parents would have to foot the bill, I'm guessing 3-4hundred dollars per kid. Just something else to think about.

I agree if it is done I think Middle school is the way to go. Money will be an issue for sure in the 1st year. But once you got it going it could feed itself. Also don't do a select team why would you want to cut. Let them all play. Would probably have good numbers that means better program, better gate, and better concessions. But if the only option was to combine the jrs. I do think both LL would help.

Even so, where does the money come from to start a team for "Sequoyah"? Does the high school have the equipment and uniforms for this? Would this be considered a high school project? Dont get me wrong, I'm all for seeing this happen but there seems to be so many roadblocks. Until the county builds one middle school, just dont know if its possible. Until then both programs stay put.

For sure there will be alot of roadblocks. Were there is a will there is a way.

I agree if it is done I think Middle school is the way to go. Money will be an issue for sure in the 1st year. But once you got it going it could feed itself. Also don't do a select team why would you want to cut. Let them all play. Would probably have good numbers that means better program, better gate, and better concessions. But if the only option was to combine the jrs. I do think both LL would help.

I agree totally

Heard a rumor today, not sure if it holds water, anybody heard if Sequoyah is getting new uniforms for next season, it would be cool to have black uniforms, trimmed in red and gold. That would look awesome. May not go good with the red helmets, unless they had a black logo on it. Does anybody know if baseball will interfere with spring practice this season, if so how many "maybe" starters play baseball?

Heard a rumor today, not sure if it holds water, anybody heard if Sequoyah is getting new uniforms for next season, it would be cool to have black uniforms, trimmed in red and gold. That would look awesome. May not go good with the red helmets, unless they had a black logo on it. Does anybody know if baseball will interfere with spring practice this season, if so how many "maybe" starters play baseball?

It would be even cooler to have BLUE uniforms trimmed in red and white with a blue logo on the helmets. THAT, would look awsome! But wait; neither BLACK nor BLUE are Sequoyah school colors. Maybe we should just stick with red, white and gold.

It would be even cooler to have BLUE uniforms trimmed in red and white with a blue logo on the helmets. THAT, would look awsome! But wait; neither BLACK nor BLUE are Sequoyah school colors. Maybe we should just stick with red, white and gold.

Oh Please, why does everyone on here always think the worst, I guess you thought I was implying that we use black because that is a Madisonville color, well that would be wrong. You mean to tell me there are no black colors in the Sequoyah colors (psst. try looking at the logo used on the helmets this year). This is why the combining of these two towns will not work, because some people are just not open minded about anything new.

Right, Our colors are red, white & gold. Personally I thought our uniforms this year were the best looking ones in the region. I really liked the red on red.

Oh Please, why does everyone on here always think the worst, I guess you thought I was implying that we use black because that is a Madisonville color, well that would be wrong. You mean to tell me there are no black colors in the Sequoyah colors (psst. try looking at the logo used on the helmets this year). This is why the combining of these two towns will not work, because some people are just not open minded about anything new.

Its not about trying something new. Our colors are our colors RED, WHITE & GOLD. It needs to become a pride thing, a Sequoyah thing, you know GO BIG RED! GO CHIEFS!!