Sequoyah Football

warchief

There is a lot of other things that could be worked on this spring,but I think coach will place an emphasis on defense for the most part. Stops need to come more often than this past season. They got better,but there is much room for improvement. Competitive sounds good to me,and I think they're getting there. A lot of work to be done,but this team shows a good work ethic.

Yes, I like defense, but I like good, tough, and stingy defense even better. I would like to see a more aggressive approach took with outside LB's, yeah, they made a lot of tackles, but I want to see those tackles being made at the line of scrimmage not 7 or 8 yards down the field. I believe teams noticed that and attacked us off tackle. what do you think

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I like defense, but I like good, tough, and stingy defense even better. I would like to see a more aggressive approach took with outside LB's, yeah, they made a lot of tackles, but I want to see those tackles being made at the line of scrimmage not 7 or 8 yards down the field. I believe teams noticed that and attacked us off tackle. what do you think

For sure Defense is the area we need to improve in. It's like this, defense wins games, defense wins championships. The deference between our region and region 4 is defense, no doubt about it. I went and watched the Greenbrier and Central game. The reason Greenbrier won was their Defense. Heck their offense was really not that good. Sequoyahs offense is much better. But man that defense was tough and it was the deference in the game, Central just struggled to move the ball.

For sure Defense is the area we need to improve in. It's like this, defense wins games, defense wins championships. The deference between our region and region 4 is defense, no doubt about it. I went and watched the Greenbrier and Central game. The reason Greenbrier won was their Defense. Heck their offense was really not that good. Sequoyahs offense is much better. But man that defense was tough and it was the deference in the game, Central just struggled to move the ball.

Just curious, do you know if Greenbrier had eleven differrent on offense and defense, or did they play iron man football. I agree there is more tallent in that school thats just not coming out for whatever reason.

Just curious, do you know if Greenbrier had eleven differrent on offense and defense, or did they play iron man football. I agree there is more tallent in that school thats just not coming out for whatever reason.

They had several kids that played both ways, some that did'nt. 1 or 2 of the linemen did. And several of the LB and DB"S did. Here's the thing, Central had better speed and was more athletic. Greenbrier's "D" was just well coached and in the right places. Also 2 of their defensive linemen were really good and huge.

They had several kids that played both ways, some that did'nt. 1 or 2 of the linemen did. And several of the LB and DB"S did. Here's the thing, Central had better speed and was more athletic. Greenbrier's "D" was just well coached and in the right places. Also 2 of their defensive linemen were really good and huge.

In your opinion, how will our o-line, for next season, match up size wise with this years Greenbriers line?

From G-P all the way through Meigs,off tackle was the bread and butter for the teams we played. You are absolutely correct,and I believe that will be a point of emphasis,as well as stronger play from d-tackles and ends. I don't think we will see much of the 3-5 next year,if at all.

From G-P all the way through Meigs,off tackle was the bread and butter for the teams we played. You are absolutely correct,and I believe that will be a point of emphasis,as well as stronger play from d-tackles and ends. I don't think we will see much of the 3-5 next year,if at all.

Will the 3-5-3 be better next year since we have experience and should be stronger and bigger? I like the defense but wish we were able to jump into something else on short yardage situations. Our team speed was good and should be better next year. Our o-line stepped up this year but the d-line needs to step up next year and they should, it should take some pressure off White.

In your opinion, how will our o-line, for next season, match up size wise with this years Greenbriers line?

Hard to say are young boys are going to continue to grow. They would have 2 that are bigger than any of our boys. The rest are probably about the same. #59 for them was a junoir probably around 6'3" 260Lbs Well built. The other was a senoir. They also had a freshman who did'nt play 6'6" 280 Lbs.

Will the 3-5-3 be better next year since we have experience and should be stronger and bigger? I like the defense but wish we were able to jump into something else on short yardage situations. Our team speed was good and should be better next year. Our o-line stepped up this year but the d-line needs to step up next year and they should, it should take some pressure off White.

I would like to see all the linebackers be more aggressive, I want to see them meet some ball carriers at the line of scrimmage or in the backfield. White does a good job of that, but we need the other guys to do it as well.

Hard to say are young boys are going to continue to grow. They would have 2 that are bigger than any of our boys. The rest are probably about the same. #59 for them was a junoir probably around 6'3" 260Lbs Well built. The other was a senoir. They also had a freshman who did'nt play 6'6" 280 Lbs.

Let me ask you this Warchief, is there any tallent in the school that would help the football team next year, any serious help? Did anybody notice the Patterson kid in the Sweetwater picture this past Sunday, I'm pretty sure he was at Sequoyah last year. Is this a common thing at Sequoyah? Can we recruit a player, lets say if he moved from Sweetwater to Madisonville but still attended Sweetwater, with the address change he can legally come to Sequoyah, right? Kinda like what Patterson did.

Let me ask you this Warchief, is there any tallent in the school that would help the football team next year, any serious help? Did anybody notice the Patterson kid in the Sweetwater picture this past Sunday, I'm pretty sure he was at Sequoyah last year. Is this a common thing at Sequoyah? Can we recruit a player, lets say if he moved from Sweetwater to Madisonville but still attended Sweetwater, with the address change he can legally come to Sequoyah, right? Kinda like what Patterson did.

There is over 900 students in that school. There is no doubt that there is some tallent that would help the program walking the halls. You ask if there would be any serious help? I would think YES. On your 2nd question, I don't know all the in's & out's on the zoning rules but if a kid has moved to this zone he can play. I heard that they had a meeting during school with the kids interested in playing next season. Wondering how this went? Also heard that the High school coaches are very interested in starting a middle school team.