Bledsoe Football

pikevol3354

Warrior, haven't you said on here that you have grandkids? That should have proven you are not HC. But anyway, I have enjoyed some of the posts this year, quite humorous. But there is a difference in trying to get a rise out of people and being offending. I know I got upset with some comments this year but as a coach you are going to get those. Good Luck to BC next season and build off of the playoff experience.

The kids need to live in the weightroom.The coaches need to have the backing to run the program at top notch level.The players need to be at camps ASAP.They need team camps as well.Most of this depends on the people above Coach.They must allow him to do the things needed to make us a competive team.Does anyone have any inside info about what is being discussed about changes in the system with the Sup.?THere was some info in the Bloody Bledsonian but I figure there is some more news out there.Does anyone know who might be a replacement if there are changes?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the season is over, what are everyone's thoughts on this year? What changes need to be made? Obviously, a 4-7 year is not worth bragging about, but I thought the team got better as the year went on with the exception of the let down at Cannon. Not that they were not a good ball club, just that we did not play our best game that night. There was a lot of talking during the season, now let's see who wants to say what and where the true "Warrior fans" are now.

This team went through just about every aspect of a season, some exciting, some not so much. Some highlights for me: leading Tyner at half, the Grace game ending, dominating Sequatchie, 3 point game with Boyd, and the overtime win at Marion. These were some of the most exciting BCHS football moments I have saw in awhile. Then, of course you have the lows, blew out at Polk, blew out vs Upperman, and the blowout at Cannon, these were some of the most disappointing moments, but, without the expectations, these lows would not have been as disappointing. I would much rather have the expectations, and disappointments that come with it than to muddle through another year with no expectations, and when we get beat or blew out, just sit back and say oh well that was expected. Now, don't get me wrong the team(players & coaches) cannot be content with these results, but they definately had plenty of opportunities to learn from, going forward. The team(players & coaches) should also be proud of the things they accomplished this year, and build on this whether it is at BCHS, or the next level. Doing something and it not turning out like you wanted, doesn't necessarily mean you will know exactly what to do the next time, but you definately know what not to do. I have told Paul, Zach, Trey, Cameron, Luke, Dylan and many others many times, if they want to stop commiting errors, they should quit sports and do nothing, there is a much less chance of messing up, if you do nothing.

All in all I enjoyed the season, it didn't end on the happiest note possible, but hey there is only one team in each division that the season will end that way.

P.S. Seeing as I am the self proclaimed worst football coach to ever come through the Bledsoe County Little Blue Football program, all this could be totally wrong!

P.S.S. Is it Baseball season yet?

The kids need to live in the weightroom.The coaches need to have the backing to run the program at top notch level.The players need to be at camps ASAP.They need team camps as well.Most of this depends on the people above Coach.They must allow him to do the things needed to make us a competive team.Does anyone have any inside info about what is being discussed about changes in the system with the Sup.?THere was some info in the Bloody Bledsonian but I figure there is some more news out there.Does anyone know who might be a replacement if there are changes?

Just to add a little more after thinking on it.Winning games for next year begins NOW!That is what the program must think about.The camps,weightroom and dedication that takes place starting this winter are what will make Bledsoe a powerhouse in football again.

I haven't posted on here in quiet some time, I went to 9 games this year & seen some good things on the field & seen some embarrasing (sp) times in the Warrior stands as well, I think the first couple of games this year were lost because our coach did not play the righ people at the right positions. Watson was not the featured back until the Sequatchie County game, we all know what he did down there. Hubert had numerous delay of game penalties on us becuase he could not descide what play to call, that is unacceptable as a coach. I think his help really hurt him, as Coach Reel was his only coach with any Football knowledge & his is a couple of 2 win seasons under the GREAT Johnny Boynton. I do not see Hubert leading us to any type of promise land & I honestly do not know many people that thought he was the best coach for our kids & Bledsoe County.

Bledsoe County needs a clean sweep of the higher up's in the school system, the supertendent ( and his pricey lawyer) needs his walking papers, we need Coach Swafford ( John Sr.) in that job, & yes He always has been & always will be Coach Swafford to me. We need rid of Tommy Nipper, he is a joke as principal. Johnny Boynton needs to be removed as athletic director, what has he done since he has been in that position??? Nothing but appoint his big banker buddy's son as the coach & set us back another year that a good honest, hard working coach could have been turning this program around. We as Parents in Bledsoe Co. will always have to settle for 2nd rate from our kids as long as we sit & do nothing about what is happening to there education & athletic programs......

Now next year's outlook with Hubert at the Helm, I see a player being built up to be the super star athlete because of the political standing of one of his parents & he will not be able to shoulder the team like some think he will, & I hope the kids on the line don't quit on him when everybody praises him and not anyone else the way the team did on Watson in the York game last year. No Back can run for 1000 yards without a good line that wants him to run for that, I just hope the talk my nephews are comming home talking about are not true, I hope this kid is not putting down the back from this year to everyone and saying he is much better & will show it next year when he is the Super Star, if coach Roberson is letting this talk go on he is cutting his own throat and don't even know it.......

Now to the Seniors.......... Wells, Burgess, Swafford, Holiday, Colvard, Thurman,Watson, Wingler, Kimbrell, & all the others good luck in the future & if any of ya'll play Saturday ball let me know me and the boys will be there to watch and support you in your future enduvers............. Bledsoe County Warrior

Well, this season is now just a memory, but the next one will be here before we know it. I thought all in all it wasn't a bad year and with a break or two along the way it could have been even better. It looked to me like we had more fans at the games than in the last few years, so apparently more people are getting involved and getting excited about the future of Bledsoe County. I hope the boys have already started preparing for next year and are hitting the weights hard. We had several seniors this year (which is always great to have as many seniors as we had this year) so many underclassman will see playing time next year that don't have a lot of experience yet. I also thought like many others, that for the most part we improved as the year progressed. Cannon was not our best game, but the boys were a little banged up and we had a couple out which hurt us (I thought anyway). But also, Cannon was a pretty good ball club and they played a mistake free game that night from what I saw. Again, I felt pretty good about the season as a whole, but obviously we need to make improvements. At the end of the day, people don't remember how hard we played or about a call or two that could have gone the other way, they remember the wins and losses and this year we just had a few too many games that ended up in the wrong column. So, let's pull together as the football community that we are and continue to push things in the right direction and get ready NOW to make 2008 be one of the best years ever for the Bledsoe County Warriors!

bledsoe county warrior, you were pretty harsh to Mr Robertson but I understand where you are coming from on many of the things that were posted. I have been calling for administrative support for a while and all I got was abuse from several others on here. I am sure that someone will be referring to you as a trouble maker or countless other names so I implore you to not just sit back GET INVOLVED. It takes young people who want changes to make things happen and grow and it takes people with experience to often time get things accomplished. I think our county is at a cross roads and will either grow and progress or we will quickly and painfully die.

Honestly, now this is the only program I can see from the Valley area thats heading in the right direction. I felt as if Grundy was heading that way but, stuff happens Maybe they will hire Ted Ladd as the new football Coach. I feel as if Marion took a step back yesterday, Seq, well uhh how are those Pee Wee boys looking and South Pitt, well, they are already there soo.

bledsoe county warrior, you were pretty harsh to Mr Robertson but I understand where you are coming from on many of the things that were posted. I have been calling for administrative support for a while and all I got was abuse from several others on here. I am sure that someone will be referring to you as a trouble maker or countless other names so I implore you to not just sit back GET INVOLVED. It takes young people who want changes to make things happen and grow and it takes people with experience to often time get things accomplished. I think our county is at a cross roads and will either grow and progress or we will quickly and painfully die.

Has anyone heard anything on maybe getting a new superintendant or hopefully a new princapal at the high school?

I tried to lay off all the politics and all that sort of thing during the season to keep any of the players who might read this from taking any of my comments in a negative manner! But season is over and now we need to push harder than ever to get rid of our athletic hateing principal and "stupid walkin the line he is told to walk superintendant"

Right now i really dont have a beef with the coaching staff although we need an off cordinator in a bad way the off play calling was questionable to say the least and if we are gonna run the spread offense the off coaches need to be schooled on it by reading about it, watching it on film, and by taking our kids and themselves to camp or clinics on the spread offense!

I was impressed on the coaching ability's of brian turner and houston thomas! They are an asset to this staff and we need them in the future success of this program!

Next year we have got to have those kids whom didnt play football this year in uniform and playing next season. As a matter of fact they need to be getting involved NOW! Also right now is when work begins on next season so hubert needs to be looking at that now not basketball. It is too late to begin getting into shape after kickoff in week zero as we did this year so if you want support from this town do your job coaching football! NOT BASKETBALL! START NOW ITS TIME!

Please dont take me wrong i am a warrior supporter in many ways but we want to win and if next year is a let down we will be hard to get along with!

Scalded Dogg, I will not comment about the coaching aspect of your post, but all comments are appreciated and help more than people think, whether they are positive or negative. As far as the superintendent, as I understand it, it is a done deal. However, everyone needs to let their opinion be known. If you think we need a new one (and you obviously do) tell your board member to just get it done. We all know there are enough votes to get rid of the current one, and with his recent evaluation score, no one could argue with doing so. We all know who will get hired and like him or not, he could turn things around. Not just athletics but the system as a whole. So...from what I am hearing it should be coming real soon, but don't just sit back, get involved and contact your board member.

Scalded Dogg, I will not comment about the coaching aspect of your post, but all comments are appreciated and help more than people think, whether they are positive or negative. As far as the superintendent, as I understand it, it is a done deal. However, everyone needs to let their opinion be known. If you think we need a new one (and you obviously do) tell your board member to just get it done. We all know there are enough votes to get rid of the current one, and with his recent evaluation score, no one could argue with doing so. We all know who will get hired and like him or not, he could turn things around. Not just athletics but the system as a whole. So...from what I am hearing it should be coming real soon, but don't just sit back, get involved and contact your board member.

a done deal? please explain? if you know something.....please explain...

a done deal? please explain? if you know something.....please explain...

I, like pikevol, thought everyone knew what was going on. Some have been talking about it all year and like everyone else, from what I hear the change is coming soon. So, if you have an idea about what needs to happen, and we all know...tell your board member...Get-R-Dun!

Go Warriors!