Bledsoe Football

pikevol3354

Anyone see today's Chattanooga paper? South Pitt. coach is area coach of the year. Read the article under his picture, see what he gave the credit to for the season they had? Almost a quote "this season was made possible by a good group of seniors and the BEST OFFSEASON WORKOUT PROGRAM WE HAVE EVER HAD HERE". What are the Warriors doing in the offseason? What is the offseason program? How many football players have the coaches talked to, that aren't playing basketball? Has the offseason program already started? If not when is it scheduled to start? Who is doing the offseason program? Any answers?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see today's Chattanooga paper? South Pitt. coach is area coach of the year. Read the article under his picture, see what he gave the credit to for the season they had? Almost a quote "this season was made possible by a good group of seniors and the BEST OFFSEASON WORKOUT PROGRAM WE HAVE EVER HAD HERE". What are the Warriors doing in the offseason? What is the offseason program? How many football players have the coaches talked to, that aren't playing basketball? Has the offseason program already started? If not when is it scheduled to start? Who is doing the offseason program? Any answers?

I read the article this morning and it was almost exactly what Coach Grider told reporters as soon as the game was over. I wasn't there, but watched on TV and after the game he just kept talking about how hard they had worked during the off season to get ready. I have heard mixed reports on how much the boys are working, everything from already working hard to doing almost nothing. I have stated many times, I have nothing against Coach Roberson, but he needs to be focused on football rather than trying to help with basketball. There is no way he can coach Basketball all winter and be ready for spring. But, maybe his assistants are running things and I hope they are and hope they are doing a great job.

Go Warriors!

On another note, has anyone heard what happened at the board meeting today? I try to always go, but with this one being in the middle of the day, I was not able to be there.

well i don't want to start anything else about the administration on here so I'll talk about football stuff. You can't blame Mr Robertson for coaching basketball and not being able to be in the weight room. First there isn't anyone else who could help assist in basketball and also don't forget that they PAY assistant coaches. Sometimes money does make a difference. As far as workouts go I would think that the team would be starting up sometime after basketball when Mr Robertson would have the time to run them. There are some capable assistants on the staff but I feel like the head coach should be the person running the weight program unless you hire a specific weight coach.

well i don't want to start anything else about the administration on here so I'll talk about football stuff. You can't blame Mr Robertson for coaching basketball and not being able to be in the weight room. First there isn't anyone else who could help assist in basketball and also don't forget that they PAY assistant coaches. Sometimes money does make a difference. As far as workouts go I would think that the team would be starting up sometime after basketball when Mr Robertson would have the time to run them. There are some capable assistants on the staff but I feel like the head coach should be the person running the weight program unless you hire a specific weight coach.

I hope you are WAY WRONG about the team not starting to work until after basketball season! I agree that the head coach should be running the weight program, but if he is not available then someone should be. I really hope you don't think it is OK to just wait until after basketball to get started and if the head coach can't make enough money (I have no idea what he makes) just coaching 1 sport, then he needs a raise. Again, I hope you are wrong on your post and I hope there aren't many out there that think we can just have our boys take a few months off without working and getting ready or next year could be a long one.

Go Warriors!

i thought most of the boys use to have a class at the end of the day and would work out then.....or thats the way it was when my son played for Coach Brown...and i was thinking my nephew that plays now said he had a class were he worked out then also....but i could be wrong...but your right.....they need to be in the weight room NOW......as much as they can ....year around...

I hope you are WAY WRONG about the team not starting to work until after basketball season! I agree that the head coach should be running the weight program, but if he is not available then someone should be. I really hope you don't think it is OK to just wait until after basketball to get started and if the head coach can't make enough money (I have no idea what he makes) just coaching 1 sport, then he needs a raise. Again, I hope you are wrong on your post and I hope there aren't many out there that think we can just have our boys take a few months off without working and getting ready or next year could be a long one.

Go Warriors!

In other sports such as baseball and especially softball, the student athletes take the responsibility for off seaon work upon themselves. For some reason it is assumed the coach must drive or demand this same level of participation in football. I do not agree.

Agreed the outline for conditioning and weight lifting should be provided, but Hubert has many other commitments. Parents that want their sons to play should require their workout efforts to continue.

And I know that some kids may not have that influence at home, and that is where assistants can help those players.

This would suggest that teachers are responsible for a students acedemic success, and that is not true. It starts at home.

Respectfully submitted

Polecat

In other sports such as baseball and especially softball, the student athletes take the responsibility for off seaon work upon themselves. For some reason it is assumed the coach must drive or demand this same level of participation in football. I do not agree.

Agreed the outline for conditioning and weight lifting should be provided, but Hubert has many other commitments. Parents that want their sons to play should require their workout efforts to continue.

And I know that some kids may not have that influence at home, and that is where assistants can help those players.

This would suggest that teachers are responsible for a students acedemic success, and that is not true. It starts at home.

Respectfully submitted

Polecat

I guess you and I will just have to disagree on this one. If you can show me a winning football program that the head coach just hands the "outline for conditioning and weight lifting" to the players and their parents and says here you go and if you need more help talk to the assistants, I would love to see it. A head coach is a head coach all year long. Football is played in the fall, but it is a year-round sport. I can assure you that the coach at South Pitt does not just hand over the "outline" and say go to it boys (judging from his comments to reporters after the game and what I read in the paper). Ask any coach that is winning if they just walk away for the winter and let the boys do as they wish and hope they work..... that just does not work. I think it would be great if it did, but how many parents actually know how much time kids need to spend in the off season working out and conditioning? And as far as teachers not being responsible for student success, if it is the responsibility of the parents to teach, let's just close all the schools and "home school" all the kids. I don't mean to offend in any way, but if everyone had that kind of attitude we would be lucky to win any games at all. I am sorry, but just a couple more points...the "other sports such as baseball..." you are right and BCHS has only had 1 winning record in baseball EVER, the basketball teams are doing awful and the current boys coach has NEVER had a winning record. As far as softball, there is not a harder working coach in the county than the one we have now and if people will leave her alone and let her make the girls work like she is trying to do...watch what will happen. She will have the High School team winning just like she has had little league teams doing for years.

Go Warriors!

I guess you and I will just have to disagree on this one. If you can show me a winning football program that the head coach just hands the "outline for conditioning and weight lifting" to the players and their parents and says here you go and if you need more help talk to the assistants, I would love to see it. A head coach is a head coach all year long. Football is played in the fall, but it is a year-round sport. I can assure you that the coach at South Pitt does not just hand over the "outline" and say go to it boys (judging from his comments to reporters after the game and what I read in the paper). Ask any coach that is winning if they just walk away for the winter and let the boys do as they wish and hope they work..... that just does not work. I think it would be great if it did, but how many parents actually know how much time kids need to spend in the off season working out and conditioning? And as far as teachers not being responsible for student success, if it is the responsibility of the parents to teach, let's just close all the schools and "home school" all the kids. I don't mean to offend in any way, but if everyone had that kind of attitude we would be lucky to win any games at all. I am sorry, but just a couple more points...the "other sports such as baseball..." you are right and BCHS has only had 1 winning record in baseball EVER, the basketball teams are doing awful and the current boys coach has NEVER had a winning record. As far as softball, there is not a harder working coach in the county than the one we have now and if people will leave her alone and let her make the girls work like she is trying to do...watch what will happen. She will have the High School team winning just like she has had little league teams doing for years.

Go Warriors!

Yep, warrior4ever, we just don't agree on this one.

Parents own 99% of everything their sons or daughters do.

Sports and academics.

I have kids currently in High School & Middle school.

I don't expect the teachers to have 100% of the responsiblity to teach my kids, that is why I provide other avenues of learning. So far, it is paying off with excellent results.

I don't expect the coaches to have 100% of the responsibility to coach my kids in skills or conditioning, that is why I provide other avenues of training, and conditioning. So far, it is paying off with satisfactory results.

When it comes to the success of my kids, I am just not gonna sit back and wait for someone else to do it for me.

I suppose my views are in the minority.

This is my last post on this topic.

No hard feelings Warrior4ever,

Polecat

Sports and academics.

I don't expect the teachers to have 100% of the responsiblity to teach my kids, that is why I provide other avenues of learning. So far, it is paying off with excellent results.

I don't expect the coaches to have 100% of the responsibility to coach my kids in skills or conditioning, that is why I provide other avenues of training, and conditioning. So far, it is paying off with satisfactory results.

When it comes to the success of my kids, I am just not gonna sit back and wait for someone else to do it for me.

Polecat

Absolutely no hard feelings whatsoever. I am glad you are the kind of parent you are and I am sure your children will benefit greatly from this. However, whether it be good or bad, most parents do not have the knowledge or opportunity to provide their children with extra "avenues" of training or learning. Some are busy trying to earn a living and work very hard, and some do not have the knowledge of the sport their children play. Again, I am sure your children will succeed greatly with a parent that supports them the way it appears you do, but all children do not have it so lucky.

Go Warriors!

Sports and academics.

Polecat

Man I like your attitude about your own kids, but I assure you that you are the exception to the rule. If more parents were like you then the coaches life would be much easier.

Man I like your attitude about your own kids, but I assure you that you are the exception to the rule. If more parents were like you then the coaches life would be much easier.

Well said and if all parents had that attitude this would probably be a much better place. Unfortunately some don't, and sometimes parents are doing the very best they possibly can and simply don't the time or knowledge to do for their children what other parents can. Are those children any less deserving of a good education or to be able to play on a winning team?

Go Warriors!