Wilson Central @ Smyrna

Big Poppa 17

I agree wc is ON A ROLL and is probably about a 14 to 17 point favorite.

However Smyrna doesn't have much choice they will have to get ready and give it a shot this friday and see if they can make a competitive game out of it.

wc - every prognosticator in the state says they are the best team in the state right now as do all wc fans.

I LIKE IT!

now that wc has been declared state champ they are the hunted not the hunter.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WC playing the exact role smyrna did last year. they avenge their loss to riverdale, now they are trying to do the same with the only other opponent they lost to this year, smyrna (similar to smyrna also avenging their loss to ravenwood later).

lets see if they can also bring home the title, with 4 more of the top 10 teams in the final 5A AP poll falling tonight i think they have great chances of doing so. this is WCs first trip to the 3rd round but i believe its only smyrna's second (in 5A ball atleast)

I agree wc is ON A ROLL and is probably about a 14 to 17 point favorite.

However Smyrna doesn't have much choice they will have to get ready and give it a shot this friday and see if they can make a competitive game out of it.

wc - every prognosticator in the state says they are the best team in the state right now as do all wc fans.

I LIKE IT!

now that wc has been declared state champ they are the hunted not the hunter.

I told you a couple weeks ago that i was gonna pray every night that we got another shot at ya'll...somebody was looking over us tonight.... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ...I cant wait til friday...this is gonna be a looooong week!!....lol...where'd you come up with that point spread at?...there aint no way were 2 td favorites over the defending state champs.

No much to say about this game both teams are playing very well.

smyrna knows wc is not cookeville or lc on offense or defense

wc knows smyrna is not the 2 running teams they have played.

anybody that needs to see how much I have for wc and what they have done just needs to go read my post

here are a couple:

Nov 10 2007 - 01:41 PM Post #10

*wc is on the same page and hitting on all cylinders. Smyrna was very fortunate to get out of there with a win.

*wc is playing about as good as anybody I have seen the last half.

they are fast and have good team chemistry and have played riverdale once so they will be more prepared this game.

I believe they will beat riverdale

Heck you wc folks out to be sending me roses after the way I pumped you up all week /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

now for the great post of the week:

warrior82dad

12:20 PM Post #64

And what magic do you think WC can pull out of there hat that will change the outcome from the last game. Just becuase you ran up the score on a week Coffee County team that shouldnt have even been in the playoffs doesnt mean you can bring that to Tomahawk Stadium. Remember, it was purely luck and a tipped passed that was the only reason Smyrna got by them last year and WC doesnt have enough magic in there bag to make that happen.

sounds like they made riverdales offense disappear /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wc vs smyrna - 2 teams that deserve to be here and know exactly what each other has. The 2 fastest teams in the region and probably put as much team speed out there as an body in the state.

This will be a great game. I am very proud of Wilson Central. Folk had them listed at last place coming into this season. They are truly the Cinderella team of the year! It sure gives me hope that Oakland can pull off the same dream next year. You guys are an inspiration. Hope some of you have applied at Oakland.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I truly think that Coach Elrod is the catalyst for this turnaround at WC. He is truly a MASTER of the wingT. He rejuvenated this team, yet is as humble of a man that you could ever meet. Truly a fine person and motivator. In no way am I discounting Coach Aric in any way. He has assembled the BEST Staff ever. I just know that these players believed in Elrod's playcalling and system and when he left last yr, he took the confidence from this group of players. When you lose, the finger pointing and doubting comes into play. WC is a product of that. Elrod came back, and you see the result. Of course we can not forget that WC has a DC that seems to fly under the radar. He has done a superb job and his adjustments made last night at the game were the right ones. I watched him last night, and he does his job with class.....not a fireball on the sidelines by any means, but the players have total respect for him and his playcalling and it shows. He is very classy. I heard he is a product of Lebanon. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I know that WC is very proud of this team and this program. They have suffered many ups and downs over the years and you can't help but root for them. Folk know that I have always liked an underdog and have cheered for WC even at their lowest points and when they were on the state losing streak. They are proof that when you continue to fight against all odds that the impossible can be achieved. Ok, I admit it.....I am a s ucker for the impossible dream.

I really really really like McCurch. Those 2 brothers have been dynamos the last few yrs and clearly playmakers. They do the job without ceremony or ego. Truly kids who LOVE the game, and that is what it is all about. TRULY exciting to watch. McChurch took this team on his shoulders last night and they fed off his intensity and drive. I hope he plays college football closeby b/c I would enjoy watching him play on Sats.

Hey Cat.....you jumped me when I said that I thought McChurch was the best QB in the region about midway through the season when we were picking All Region candidates........he has made things happen....esp for a kid who was not under center til this yr.......!!! I sensed something special in him. What do you think now?

I have all the respect in the world for Sonny Gray and think he is a natural athlete and a true competitor, but the McChurch kid just has something really special.......magical....and I can't help but want him to win.

I remember the first time we beat Riverdale.....it is a joyous feeling. That was radiated all over that stadium last night. I even wanted to rush the field. hahahaah

This will be a great game. I am very proud of Wilson Central. Folk had them listed at last place coming into this season. They are truly the Cinderella team of the year! It sure gives me hope that Oakland can pull off the same dream next year. You guys are an inspiration. Hope some of you have applied at Oakland.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I truly think that Coach Elrod is the catalyst for this turnaround at WC. He is truly a MASTER of the wingT. He rejuvenated this team, yet is as humble of a man that you could ever meet. Truly a fine person and motivator. In no way am I discounting Coach Aric in any way. He has assembled the BEST Staff ever. I just know that these players believed in Elrod's playcalling and system and when he left last yr, he took the confidence from this group of players. When you lose, the finger pointing and doubting comes into play. WC is a product of that. Elrod came back, and you see the result. Of course we can not forget that WC has a DC that seems to fly under the radar. He has done a superb job and his adjustments made last night at the game were the right ones. I watched him last night, and he does his job with class.....not a fireball on the sidelines by any means, but the players have total respect for him and his playcalling and it shows. He is very classy. I heard he is a product of Lebanon. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I know that WC is very proud of this team and this program. They have suffered many ups and downs over the years and you can't help but root for them. Folk know that I have always liked an underdog and have cheered for WC even at their lowest points and when they were on the state losing streak. They are proof that when you continue to fight against all odds that the impossible can be achieved. Ok, I admit it.....I am a s ucker for the impossible dream.

I really really really like McCurch. Those 2 brothers have been dynamos the last few yrs and clearly playmakers. They do the job with ceremony or ego. Truly kids who LOVE the game, and that is what it is all about. TRULY exciting to watch. McChurch took this team on his shoulders last night and they fed off his intensity and drive. I hope he plays college football closeby b/c I would enjoy watching him play on Sats.

Hey Cat.....you jumped me when I said that I thought McChurch was the best QB in the region about midway through the season when we were picking All Region candidates........he has made things happen....esp for a kid who was not under center til this yr.......!!! I sensed something specila in him. What do you think now?

I have all the respect in the world for Sonny Gray and think he is a natural athlete and a true competitor, but the McChurch kid just has something really special.......magical....and I can't help but want him to win.

One of the McChurch brothers that you are talking about, told me last night Conner is leaning toward Western Ky.

both sonny and mcchurch run their offenses exactly as they are designed. It is comparing apples and oranges.

Mcchurch's offense depends on a lot of different players being in the offense mix Smyrnas is focused with Sonny as the emphasis.

the wc bandwagon is approaching over load capacity.

wc goes from huge underdog to prohibitive favorite over night.

both sonny and mcchurch run their offenses exactly as they are designed. It is comparing apples and oranges.

Mcchurch's offense depends on a lot of different players being in the offense mix Smyrnas is focused with Sonny as the emphasis.

the wc bandwagon is approaching over load capacity.

wc goes from huge underdog to prohibitive favorite over night.

Smyrna is the favorite for this game to every single person I talked to last night at the game even though WC looked great. No one thinks the one two punch of Smyrna's offense can be beaten. The Dawgs are the defending state champs. They did the same thing as they did last yr. Approached every single game with a chip on their shoulder that the world was against them and everyone picked against them and walked out with the Gold ball.

When you see the film from last night, you will see that McChurch used his O line very effectively. Elrod mixes up runs and passes effectively and McChurch does just like Sonny does.......doesn't panic on the run and makes the right play even when heading to the ground. Everyone knows that Riverdale's achilles heel is their secondary and WC took advantage of it.

Smyrna's O has no weaknesses. They are a machine. Their O line is great holding their blocks and Sonny can get out of the pocket and still throw a long 60 yd pass on the money. Even if he does overthrow or underthrow occasionally, he has a plethora of recs that can and WILL make the catch. I think they must make them catch 100 throws apiece at practice b/f they can get water. hahahaah Don't get me started on that dang slippery lil Bryson that we are going to have to contend with for the next 3 yrs. Robbins has done an excellent job at Smyrna with Sonny and all these athletes make Carson's job a piece of cake as the OC.

I don't consider myself as bandwagon.......I try to give credit where due and you can't help but feel happy to see a program that was at their lowest point reach this pinnacle. Even if they lose this next week, they know they have achieved greatness by exceeding everyone's expectations by so much. A lot of these folks cheered for us at Oakland b/c they KNOW what we are feeling this season. I appreciated their support and encouragement. Has Smyrna ever been at the bottom of the barrel to understand? When was the last time they missed the playoffs?