Wilson Central @ Smyrna

Big Poppa 17

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wc is ON A ROLL and is probably about a 14 to 17 point favorite.

However Smyrna doesn't have much choice they will have to get ready and give it a shot this friday and see if they can make a competitive game out of it.

wc - every prognosticator in the state says they are the best team in the state right now as do all wc fans.

I LIKE IT!

now that wc has been declared state champ they are the hunted not the hunter.

i disagree wc is still the hunter. considering smyrna is the defending champs and they beat us once already. lets hope the teams dont eat to much thursday /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Smyrna is the favorite for this game to every single person I talked to last night at the game even though WC looked great. No one thinks the one two punch of Smyrna's offense can be beaten. The Dawgs are the defending state champs. They did the same thing as they did last yr. Approached every single game with a chip on their shoulder that the world was against them and everyone picked against them and walked out with the Gold ball.

When you see the film from last night, you will see that McChurch used his O line very effectively. Elrod mixes up runs and passes effectively and McChurch does just like Sonny does.......doesn't panic on the run and makes the right play even when heading to the ground. Everyone knows that Riverdale's achilles heel is their secondary and WC took advantage of it.

Smyrna's O has no weaknesses. They are a machine. Their O line is great holding their blocks and Sonny can get out of the pocket and still throw a long 60 yd pass on the money. Even if he does overthrow or underthrow occasionally, he has a plethora of recs that can and WILL make the catch. I think they must make them catch 100 throws apiece at practice b/f they can get water. hahahaah Don't get me started on that dang slippery lil Bryson that we are going to have to contend with for the next 3 yrs. Robbins has done an excellent job at Smyrna with Sonny and all these athletes make Carson's job a piece of cake as the OC.

I don't consider myself as bandwagon.......I try to give credit where due and you can't help but feel happy to see a program that was at their lowest point reach this pinnacle. Even if they lose this next week, they know they have achieved greatness by exceeding everyone's expectations by so much.

I wasn't referring to you on the bandwoagon but rather if you read the post the vast majority are.

I think Smyrna matches up very well with wc and is one of the few teams that can run with their speed.

wc deserves all the credit in the world and as I noted if you read the wc vs riverdale post I may have even been on their bandwagon /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> But ----- I will probably get off this week!