Wilson Central @ Smyrna

Big Poppa 17

It is amazing that for the 3rd week in a row folks in the area are once again doubting smyrna.

No playing the no respect card that would be silly but

cookeville -- to disciplined to strong a running game smyrna would not be able to match them physically.Smyrna is a 2 man show cookeville is a team.

smyrna 28

cookeville 10

did smyrna match them physically? well you judge

cookeville 7 straight possesions no 1st downs net 4 yards

2 man show? well once again you judge

bryson 178 yards 3 tds on 20 carries

lincoln county - winners of 7 straight one of the most physical defenses in the state and smyrna once again would not be able to match lc physically and as always smyrna is a 2 man show.

did smyrna match lc physically? once again judge yourself

lc offense

threw 8 passes for 70 yards and 3 of those passes were intercepted (1 completion for 55 late the other 4 went for 15 yards.

lc running game - 22 yards on 29 carries

lc - 6 1st downs

2 man show?

bryson 91 yards and 2 tds

tds by smyrna

wilks 2

hendricks 1

bryson 2

sanders 1

Now this week all we here is wc is on a roll and smyrna will not be able to stop their offense or match their speed.

Most dont even really think it will be close I mean how could it after the whippin wc put on riverdale.

other than 2p not a single poster has posted one comment about what smyrna brings to the table. This may be news that has been lost on the wc bandwagon but smyrna has a pretty good football team and can score points as well as anybody. The last game against wc 7 possesions 4 tds and 1 missed fg.

Nothing like being the defending state champion playing on your home field and virtually every person outside smyrna picking you to lose.

Doubt all you want but Smyrna is not going to give up that trophy without putting up a fight

Cat you know as well as I that you guys are the defending state champs, finished higher than WC in the region and beat WC head to head. You guys are the clear favorites. Ray Charles could see that if he was living! Yes folks are jumping on WC's bandwagon. It wouldn't matter who beat Riverdale, folks would be jumping on their coat tails. You guys are the champs. Ya'll have been there, done that. You have a great program and team. You guys are certainly no 2 man show. Ya'll have a great TEAM! Always do. It will take Dub-C's best game of the year to even have a chance against you guys. Folks that really know ball, like 2p, know what kind of team ya'll have and what kind of task Dub-C has in front of them. Without a doubt you guys are the favorites and deserve to be!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, nobody is falling for the "bulletin board" material you are trying to post for Smyrna. Everyone knows they are the state champs, everyone knows they have big-time players........get serious, it's not working on me, and shouldn't on the players. Here's the big issue. WC comes in wanting revenge. Screw last week, it's over. It means very little if WC doesn't win this one. A great senior class lost their final home game of their careers to Smyrna. Smyrna ruined senior night. And, WC played well enough to win. Just didn't get it done. This week is for redemption, and a chance to play at home one more time and walk off of Wildcat field as the winners they are and walk off with an opportunity to play for a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. One chapter at a time, one game at a time.

How come we get no respect on here..... defending state champs, region runner ups ,beat wilson central. We have the speed to play with WC and everybody knows it just doesn't wanna say it. YAY congrats you beat riverdale but your coming to SMYRNA IN THE STATE QUARTER FINAL GAME to play the defending state champs. We will play our best game of the year because that's how we have done all year the next game is the most important. Dubc better get those lineman pumped because the D is comin and comin full speed down hill. If nobody wants to give us any respect we will take it.

GO SMYRNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come we get no respect on here..... defending state champs, region runner ups ,beat wilson central. We have the speed to play with WC and everybody knows it just doesn't wanna say it. YAY congrats you beat riverdale but your coming to SMYRNA IN THE STATE QUARTER FINAL GAME to play the defending state champs. We will play our best game of the year because that's how we have done all year the next game is the most important. Dubc better get those lineman pumped because the D is comin and comin full speed down hill. If nobody wants to give us any respect we will take it.

GO SMYRNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, please.....no one is disrespecting you. Did you not read my post? It makes a whole lot more sense than yours. Take a look, you'll see. You Smyrna posters are talking foolish......

WC knows who Smryna is......I hope you can say the same about WC. That is the team that has had to earn respect since game 1.

Wilson Central 31- Smyrna 21 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

An 82cat with ringworm.................not a good combination (LOL).

Now we all know that the 82cat is the "undisputed" king of poor mouthers...................however you and the cat man are trying to sell "wolf-tickets" that no one will buy!!

How come we get no respect on here..... defending state champs, region runner ups ,beat wilson central.........this is your quote!!

You are asking fans of the Region 4-5A "Rodney Dangerfield" about no respect. Your coach ( that would be Shadowens) picked the Wilson Central Wildcats to finish as the scum-sucking, last place, you ain't coming to the party, untouchable, 8th place team in Region 4-5A.

The fans of WC do understand and have ingrained the instense feeling of NO RESPECT..................therefore Kill the WolfTicket promotion.............no one in the Glade will buy a single one.

sorry

the toga man

it is irrelevant what anybody in the glade thinks or buys

if you would read my post you would certainly see I think Smyrna is very good so no pour mouthing here. I was just noting how once again this week all you here is how good the other team is and very little about smyrna.

go to the bigs ones barely over half are picking Smyrna in this game

nope no pour mouthing here I think Smyrna is going to play their best game of the year based on

Bryson is now 100% and has his 1st step back (has battled turf toe all year)

Sonny Gray - thrives in the play offs

Smyrna defense - is one of the few that can run with wc all over the field

WC - Smyrna is not riverdale where you can basically play run every down.

Smyrna has also seen the change in the wc game plan with the qb now keeping the ball and being more involved.

No pour mouthing here that is already being done by the wc bandwagon posters ( not wc people who you would expect but outsiders)

As a matter of fact I see it

Smyrna 35

wc 21

it is irrelevant what anybody in the glade thinks or buys

if you would read my post you would certainly see I think Smyrna is very good so no pour mouthing here. I was just noting how once again this week all you here is how good the other team is and very little about smyrna.

go to the bigs ones barely over half are picking Smyrna in this game

nope no pour mouthing here I think Smyrna is going to play their best game of the year based on

Bryson is now 100% and has his 1st step back (has battled turf toe all year)

Sonny Gray - thrives in the play offs

Smyrna defense - is one of the few that can run with wc all over the field

Smyrna has also seen the change in the wc game plan with the qb now keeping the ball and being more involved.

No pour mouthing here that is already being done by the wc bandwagon posters ( not wc people who you would expect but outsiders)

As a matter of fact I see it

Smyrna 35

wc 21

okay, you just argued against yourself. You said nobody was giving Smyrna the respect they deserve, then stated that "barely half" are picking Smyrna to win......

You know, sounds like that everyone thinks that this will be an even match-up and anyone can win it. Which is a pretty fair assessment as far as I am concerned. Did you really believe that there would be over-whelming support for Smyrna? A 50-50 shot? I say WC has earned the right to have those odds against the "mighty Smyrna Bulldogs."

It's not a lack of respect, it is a team that has given people a reason to take notice. Should feel pretty familiar, you were in the same spot last year. The team that wins this one is the one that wants it the most. Period.

okay, you just argued against yourself. You said nobody was giving Smyrna the respect they deserve, then stated that "barely half" are picking Smyrna to win......

You know, sounds like that everyone thinks that this will be an even match-up and anyone can win it. Which is a pretty fair assessment as far as I am concerned. Did you really believe that there would be over-whelming support for Smyrna? A 50-50 shot? I say WC has earned the right to have those odds against the "mighty Smyrna Bulldogs."

It's not a lack of respect, it is a team that has given people a reason to take notice. Should feel pretty familiar, you were in the same spot last year. The team that wins this one is the one that wants it the most. Period.

Kinda like a couple weeks ago. You can't tell me WC didn't want it on senior night. A couple weeks later same story...... GO DAWGS!!!!!

you wonder why people dont respect you. riverdale aint even in this, you bring them in it only to make an awful point that statistics prove false, just trying to discredit a team.

despite having a poor game against WC friday (credit their outstanding running game), riverdale undisputedly has/had the best run defense in this region.

you cant make a post without mentioning self proclaimed freshman phenom, jeremiah bryson, who managed a weak negative 5 rushing yards against this run defense, smyrna only 17 rushing yards total.

smyrnas best dlineman is likely from riverdale, dakota woods...that aint saying to much, when riverdale had their way against that weak dline. but since this is about smyrna/WC (despite you bringing riverdale into it), wilson central managed a respectable 5.5 yards per rush in the week 10 matchup.

had you got on our secondary, you MAY have had a point with statistics to support it. the fact is is that WC managed what they did against a much stronger riverdale defense run defense than they will face this friday.

SQ, do your homework and do without the ignorance

EVERYBODY for years has been talking about the 'target' on R'dales back. Now Smyrna has it firmly on theirs.

I for one think they have the strength to carry it and win this ball game. Yes I know this is a 'homer' pick for me as an alum, but having seen BOTH teams play it is how I feel.

WC had done a magnificant job this year, but I am afraid it is about to end.

BOTH teams are to be congratulated for making it this far in this particular region. My only hope is that whoever wins will carry forward and win it ALL!

EVERYBODY for years has been talking about the 'target' on R'dales back. Now Smyrna has it firmly on theirs.

I for one think they have the strength to carry it and win this ball game. Yes I know this is a 'homer' pick for me as an alum, but having seen BOTH teams play it is how I feel.

WC had done a magnificant job this year, but I am afraid it is about to end.

BOTH teams are to be congratulated for making it this far in this particular region. My only hope is that whoever wins will carry forward and win it ALL!

so you have

picking smyrna

2p

lod

82cat

if we could get riverdaleman and tdc on board it may not be a correct pick but it may be one with the most combined years behind it /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

sort of the rat pack of posters

You are right about the target! Our offense gets so much repsect and teams do not want to give us the ball we have seen more on side kicks and fake punts as well as teams going for it on 4th down this year than I have seen in over the last 13 years.