Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

Who cares about the announcers. They arent to blame. They were rude because they should have honored that we played a great game instead of blasting crank dat soulja boi and saying we can go home. That was definitely classless especially coming from a grown man. Sam Roley(#33) is a highschool football player just making the game interesting and everyone knows there was jaw jacking the whole game so we arent gonna point fingers at players. But like i said the announcers arent to blame: the referees are to blame. They made horrible calls which were very critical in the game. That bomb that was called a catch on the goaline was a terrible call. That fat official didnt even see that daniel campbell actually had the ball and dropped it and luckily the indy reciever trapped it. That led to their second touchdown putting us in a deeper whole. We came back and scored at the end of the half so it really should have been 7-7.Then we came out in the second half and dominated scoring again to make up for the 14 point defecit. Our D held Indy to nothing and what makes me even more mad than that lucky catch is the when we stood up the little qb and he CLEARLY fumbled the ball and we recovered and the one ref pointed our way then the other ref who didnt see jack and wasnt even near the ball said he was down by contact. The funny thing is indy isnt saying anything about how lucky they were that game. Even indy players have told one of my teamates that they got lucky and we should have one so watch the tape and see it yourself. I cant say anything about the bomb that justin hampton dropped and the lucky catch but those calls that were made were just rediculous. Id also like to say that i think the qb #7 is overrated and i cant wait to play against him next year. =)

I wish that you had come forward with these concerns earlier. Had you mentioned this before Sunday night, you could've come to my place...I made some nice, warm chocolate chip cookies and I had the Director's Cut of 'The Notebook' and a box of Kleenex ready for you. I invited my buddy FranktownSoccer but he never showed up. Can you believe the nerve he showed?

No question there was "jaw jacking" taking place on the field...it wouldn't be a playoff game if there wasn't. However, what Roley did clearly motivated in the IHS players and fans. What he did didn't bother me, but choosing to do it ON THE INDEPENDENCE SIDELINE after a FIVE YARD PUNT RETURN in a TIE GAME when his team had ALL OF THE MOMENTUM might have been a tactical error.

I don't care about grammar or spelling, but homonyms bother me. We won the game. You didn't. Your team had numerous opportunities to take the lead yet was unable to. Did the refs throw incompletions as well? No...Indy made the plays they needed to make and Franklin didn't. It's not the refs fault that your team can't score more than 14 points in a deciding playoff game, but that's been your point total in each of your last three post season losses.

But we have another game to play, so I'm leaving this thread now.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish that you had come forward with these concerns earlier. Had you mentioned this before Sunday night, you could've come to my place...I made some nice, warm chocolate chip cookies and I had the Director's Cut of 'The Notebook' and a box of Kleenex ready for you. I invited my buddy FranktownSoccer but he never showed up. Can you believe the nerve he showed?

No question there was "jaw jacking" taking place on the field...it wouldn't be a playoff game if there wasn't. However, what Roley did clearly motivated in the IHS players and fans. What he did didn't bother me, but choosing to do it ON THE INDEPENDENCE SIDELINE after a FIVE YARD PUNT RETURN in a TIE GAME when his team had ALL OF THE MOMENTUM might have been a tactical error.

I don't care about grammar or spelling, but homonyms bother me. We won the game. You didn't. Your team had numerous opportunities to take the lead yet was unable to. Did the refs throw incompletions as well? No...Indy made the plays they needed to make and Franklin didn't. It's not the refs fault that your team can't score more than 14 points in a deciding playoff game, but that's been your point total in each of your last three post season losses.

But we have another game to play, so I'm leaving this thread now.

Those two terrible calls costed us the game cause we could have had that fumble on the 30 which is easy scoring range...tounchdown and feild goal range but whatever yall came up with the win. Good luck against Millington cause your gonna need it and I cant wait to see yall again next year

p.s. the heart is for you

Those two terrible calls costed us the game cause we could have had that fumble on the 30 which is easy scoring range...tounchdown and feild goal range but whatever yall came up with the win. Good luck against Millington cause your gonna need it and I cant wait to see yall again next year

p.s. the heart is for you

Sorry, but your idiocy has brought me back to this thread.

You would have recovered the "fumble" on your own 40. Easy scoring range? I guess that's why you got no points out of the interception that was made AT THE SAME SPOT. Or maybe, after we didn't get any points out of the "fumble," you could've scored on that ensuing possession? But no, you didn't. Face it, you're playing an absurd game of what-if and it doesn't matter because your team still had chances to win and they didn't capitalize.

Oh, and considering that we're graduating 27 seniors, I'd love to see us again next year as well if I were you.

Thanks for the heart, by the way.

yall scored the winning feild goal after that call and if we had it we could have atleast brought it into over time. ANYWAYS, its over so i hope its even a decent game against Millington and i will be back next year so im sorry yall wont have a team

No, we didn't.

That "fumble" occurred on 3rd down and 6. It was initially 3rd and 1 but we got a delay of game call. The play was a screen pass with options of passing to either Consiglio or Pettigrew. Heckman chose neither, attempted to run, got hit and went down. The ball squirted out, but the referees determined that it wasn't a fumble. Then, we punted on 4th down. You got the ball back and went 3 and out, punted to us with a minute left, and THEN we got the game winning field goal.

No, we didn't.

That "fumble" occurred on 3rd down and 6. It was initially 3rd and 1 but we got a delay of game call. The play was a screen pass with options of passing to either Consiglio or Pettigrew. Heckman chose neither, attempted to run, got hit and went down. The ball squirted out, but the referees determined that it wasn't a fumble. Then, we punted on 4th down. You got the ball back and went 3 and out, punted to us with a minute left, and THEN we got the game winning field goal.

i see youve seen the game film agian...i havnt so mines a little foggy but i see...have you seen any highlights of millington?

i see youve seen the game film agian...i havnt so mines a little foggy but i see...have you seen any highlights of millington?

It's on Channel 3, watch the 4th quarter. The best chance I thought to win the game might have been when Franklin dropped the interception in the 4th. You would have had 30 sec or so to throw up some prayers to get into field goal range, but the opportunity was missed. Just go watch the game on Channel 3.

What are you guys going to blame next? First it was the announcer and then the refs. Indy beat you fair and square so quit whining about it. We felt there were bad calls in the first game but we didn't come on here whining about it. How dare anyone but Franklin get a bounce or the benefit of a call or no-call. I bet you've hired Oliver Stone to write a conspiracy theory movie about it. I've seen the game film at least 10 times and it isn't foggy to me. Now please go start a Franklin off-season thread and complain about your head coach. I promise not to post in it as long as you don't say stupid stuff about Indy. Have a nice off season.

What are you guys going to blame next? First it was the announcer and then the refs. Indy beat you fair and square so quit whining about it. We felt there were bad calls in the first game but we didn't come on here whining about it. How dare anyone but Franklin get a bounce or the benefit of a call or no-call. I bet you've hired Oliver Stone to write a conspiracy theory movie about it. I've seen the game film at least 10 times and it isn't foggy to me. Now please go start a Franklin off-season thread and complain about your head coach. I promise not to post in it as long as you don't say stupid stuff about Indy. Have a nice off season.

its already been started and really i should be telling you to have a nice offseason because you have some spaces to fill

I would be embarrassed if you were my dad. You act like a fool on here and in public. Its funny how you defend the announcer, maybe because its you, just a guess. I would feel like an idiot for acting in such a manner!