Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

I don't know what was on the mind of the Indy team when they played Franklin this season, but to my way of thinking they just didn't show up! While FHS was not near as good then as they are now, it was just no contest.

Injuries played a part, but mental toughness was missing big time .... that was then this is now!

May the best defense win ...in a low scoring game. Franklin better work on its FG team this week!! FHS 10-7 !!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm I don't think so Independence is a completely different team than they were during the last meeting. The D has stepped up (props to the line and Ryan C.) and the offense has just been explosive Alex Heckman is growing before our eyes and you can expect a big game from the Pain Train...yet again. The showdown is Going to be the game of the week, and it all goes down next friday in Eagle Stadium, Thompsons Station.

IHS-31 fhs-17

GO EAGLES!

Alright I'll post like I posted in the other two threads, FHS 24 IHS 17. Yes you guys have improved but so have we. We've won 6 straight our defense has been amazing and our running attack has got to be one of the best in the state. Its not gonna be 31-17 either way, this will be a close game and yes the stadium will be PACKED!

Alright I'll post like I posted in the other two threads, FHS 24 IHS 17. Yes you guys have improved but so have we. We've won 6 straight our defense has been amazing and our running attack has got to be one of the best in the state. Its not gonna be 31-17 either way, this will be a close game and yes the stadium will be PACKED!

I am not going to argue with you frankin probably has improved just dont expect the same Indy Defense to show up it has improved in all aspects, starting with the run your rb's arnt going to run all over this d this time.

But it is going to be a close game until Indy just blows it out in the 4th quarter. The Stadium is going to be intense.

What schools are going to be on the Indy Side and Which are gonna be on the Franklin Side? or is it just gonna be whatever goes.

One of the bigger cheers of the night was let out by the Indy crowd when it was announced that FHS was winning 27-0. Everybody at IHS wants this rematch. Expect Indy Nation to be even louder and rowdier than usual, and look for IHS to come out on top. Franklin is the only 5A team to beat the Eagles all year, and Indy wants revenge. I think the Eagles coaches are too good to be beaten twice in one year by the same team.

One of the bigger cheers of the night was let out by the Indy crowd when it was announced that FHS was winning 27-0. Everybody at IHS wants this rematch. Expect Indy Nation to be even louder and rowdier than usual, and look for IHS to come out on top. Franklin is the only 5A team to beat the Eagles all year, and Indy wants revenge. I think the Eagles coaches are too good to be beaten twice in one year by the same team.

Oh anyone that stayed to listen to our coaches speech at the end of the game would tell you that losing twice is not an option. I really don't think that Dr.Henry (inside joke for IHS people) and Eubanks will allow this to happen.

Big Win for INDY. Hope to see everyone there.

p.s. Independence ended the season 9-3 where the only in 5A loss was franklin expect some revenge...served cold by heckman and pettigrew.

Oh anyone that stayed to listen to our coaches speech at the end of the game would tell you that losing twice is not an option. I really don't think that Dr.Henry (inside joke for IHS people) and Eubanks will allow this to happen.

Big Win for INDY. Hope to see everyone there.

p.s. Independence ended the season 9-3 where the only in 5A loss was franklin expect some revenge...served cold by heckman and pettigrew.

I love Dr. Henrie....

I totally agree with you. I think Eubanks will have his team ready to play (as if they need any more motivation) next Friday. He is doing an amazing job in his first year as a HC, it kind of makes you wonder why you never heard him mentioned for coach of the year. He's guided the team through alot of turmoil this year, losing the QB, starting 1-3, but now has them in the quarterfinals. Now that's coaching.

This is from the FHS website I assume the stas to be correct, these are the rushing yards per team when we played during the season.

Rushing:

Franklin -

Casy Dykes 3-30

Alex Ford 4-30, 1 TD

Keylo Lee 9-101, 1 TD,

Graham Nichols 5-4, 1 TD,

Ramsey Sellers 1-5,

Anthony Steele 13-25, 1 TD.

Independence -

Brett Meeker 1-12

Scott Pettigrew 9-21, 1 TD

Isaac Baugh 4-2

Ryan Consiglio 3-3

Alex Heckman 2-17

Nick Smith 1-1

Jeff Veres 2-4.

This is from the FHS website I assume the stas to be correct, these are the rushing yards per team when we played during the season.

Rushing:

Franklin -

Casy Dykes 3-30

Alex Ford 4-30, 1 TD

Keylo Lee 9-101, 1 TD,

Graham Nichols 5-4, 1 TD,

Ramsey Sellers 1-5,

Anthony Steele 13-25, 1 TD.

Independence -

Brett Meeker 1-12

Scott Pettigrew 9-21, 1 TD

Isaac Baugh 4-2

Ryan Consiglio 3-3

Alex Heckman 2-17

Nick Smith 1-1

Jeff Veres 2-4.

Sounds about right. Pettigrew has only recently healed from injuries that held him back at the beginning of the year however. Also, if you stack your defense on him, Heckman can hurt you alot more than Smith could in the running game, as well as in the air. Totally different game IMO than the one that was only a 5 point differential with 8 minutes to play.