Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, it hasn't.

Get ready for this FHS team... before you know it, our QBs will run 40 yards for a TD in a blink of an eye!!

Or get layed out the first time they leave the pocket!!!! Ask AHS's QB Davis how his ribs felt after the first O- series tonight. Or maybe just watch pettigrew on the game tape.... you wont miss it

Sounds about right. Pettigrew has only recently healed from injuries that held him back at the beginning of the year however. Also, if you stack your defense on him, Heckman can hurt you alot more than Smith could in the running game, as well as in the air. Totally different game IMO than the one that was only a 5 point differential with 8 minutes to play.

Come on. We both know that Smith is the better passer. Ask anyone on the Indy team. He can definetly hurt a defense more through the air. It happened during the game earlier in the season right before halftime.

Come on. We both know that Smith is the better passer. Ask anyone on the Indy team. He can definetly hurt a defense more through the air. It happened during the game earlier in the season right before halftime.

Agreed 110%. Smith is by far the better passer and Heckman is the better runner. Not much of an arguement or debate there.

Or get layed out the first time they leave the pocket!!!! Ask AHS's QB Davis how his ribs felt after the first O- series tonight. Or maybe just watch pettigrew on the game tape.... you wont miss it

I don't need to watch Pettigrew on tape.. I saw him with my own 2 eyes get a grand total of 26 rushing yards (according to The Tennessean)... that's generous!

In the mean time, pop in the game tape from tonight in your VCR, sit back in your recliner, and enjoy 320 yards on the ground against a very stout Hunters Lane defense.

Agreed 110%. Smith is by far the better passer and Heckman is the better runner. Not much of an arguement or debate there.

Agree with this statement. Wonder whats going to happen if the Franklin D shuts down the run and forces Eubanks to pass what will he do? Stick with heckman or go to Smith. He has stuck with heckman for the past month or so. But i cant see him making all the throws and running that no huddle like Smith can.

Agree with this statement. Wonder whats going to happen if the Franklin D shuts down the run and forces Eubanks to pass what will he do? Stick with heckman or go to Smith. He has stuck with heckman for the past month or so. But i cant see him making all the throws and running that no huddle like Smith can.

Sad that you'd try to take away from the accomplishments of Alex Heckman. Very, very sad. Without him, I don't believe this team gets to the state quarterfinals. Sure, Smith is the better passer, but Heckman has a more complete game and he makes the plays he needs to make.

Independence hasn't turned the ball over since the DC game on October 12 and the Eagles only have 2 turnovers since Heckman took over in the second half of the Memphis East game.

That said, I feel pretty comfortable having a quarterback as capable as Nick Smith as our backup. Most teams would kill to have 1 of the 2 and we have both.

I think that there's something special about this Indy team. Plus, I just feel like they want it more. Whether or not that translates to the field, who knows? Lots of factors involved there. Regardless, a "weak" region 6 is guaranteed a team in the state semifinals.

REGION 5 STANDINGS

#1 Hunters Lane--L 27-6 to Franklin

#2 Antioch L 44-12 to Indy

#3 Overton L 35-14 to Franklin

#4 Gallatin L 42-7 to Indy

Total domination by IHS and FHS. Boy this is going to be a battle. And let's be honest--Indy fans will say that the 41-16 loss means nothing and that their team has improved exponentially, while FHS fans will point to their victory and their team's recent successes and say that IHS stands no chance.

I think this one is about even and will come down to coaching. I'd take Indy's coaching staff against any right now. Clayton seems shaky at times--don't get me wrong, you can't question his success, but I'm not always confident in him. Meanwhile, Indy's coaches are in a zone right now. Look for them to bring a great gameplan into Friday's game. I think if Indy can continue to play at the level they've been playing at, they're going to be hard to beat.

Sad that you'd try to take away from the accomplishments of Alex Heckman. Very, very sad. Without him, I don't believe this team gets to the state quarterfinals. Sure, Smith is the better passer, but Heckman has a more complete game and he makes the plays he needs to make.

Independence hasn't turned the ball over since the DC game on October 12 and the Eagles only have 2 turnovers since Heckman took over in the second half of the Memphis East game.

That said, I feel pretty comfortable having a quarterback as capable as Nick Smith as our backup. Most teams would kill to have 1 of the 2 and we have both.

I think that there's something special about this Indy team. Plus, I just feel like they want it more. Whether or not that translates to the field, who knows? Lots of factors involved there. Regardless, a "weak" region 6 is guaranteed a team in the state semifinals.

REGION 5 STANDINGS

#1 Hunters Lane--L 27-6 to Franklin

#2 Antioch L 44-12 to Indy

#3 Overton L 35-14 to Franklin

#4 Gallatin L 42-7 to Indy

Total domination by IHS and FHS. Boy this is going to be a battle. And let's be honest--Indy fans will say that the 41-16 loss means nothing and that their team has improved exponentially, while FHS fans will point to their victory and their team's recent successes and say that IHS stands no chance.

I think this one is about even and will come down to coaching. I'd take Indy's coaching staff against any right now. Clayton seems shaky at times--don't get me wrong, you can't question his success, but I'm not always confident in him. Meanwhile, Indy's coaches are in a zone right now. Look for them to bring a great gameplan into Friday's game. I think if Indy can continue to play at the level they've been playing at, they're going to be hard to beat.

Excellent point about the turnovers. Heckman doesn't make any big mistakes. Not trying to take away anything from Nick, but if you have a soph. QB who can complete 13-14 for 266 and 4 td's in any game, I don't think you need to worry about the passing game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Trust me, it hasn't.

Get ready for this FHS team... before you know it, our QBs will run 40 yards for a TD in a blink of an eye!!

absolutely.....FHS QBs are potent....indy has to worry which QB will be running...guess what! BOTH

Indy, yall haven't met Caoch Webb's improved D....Pettigrew will FEEL it Friday nite as well as the rest of IHS O line!

It'll be hot tubs and ice for the Indy O line and yall watch FHS move on.

I hope Indy's people will be more polite after this win for FHS....lots of trash talk after game last time... need to remember that families with small children do attend these games.

Yes Eubanks is a great coach and without the support of Dr.Henry I have no idea where we would be. Everything he has done for this team this year has been great. At this point Im sure hes going to be here a while.

And fhs dude you gotta be kidding me, i already told you this game is NOT going to be a repeat. Yes franklin rushed the heck out of us last time but the seniors on the defense have made huge improvements (like containing the antioch qb which many people on here said we couldnt do). And the rushing game has improved alot since Alex Heckman has been introduced to the qb pos. he adds to the already potent attack.

game WILL be repeat cause fhs defense can stop your 'improved' rushing game and fhs O line will make mincemeat of your D line. yes yall have improved from last game...so has fhs O and D line! both teams will perform better on Friday...but fhs will end the game as the winner...

Well to be honest I was hoping that HL would represent region 5 in this quarterfinal matchup. Franklin took care of what this Gallatin fan said was a State Title contender. The way that they handled Gallatin in week 8 I would have thought that there was no way any team could stay on the field with those atheletes. I WAS WRONG. I still can't beleive the way Franklin dominated this game. As for Indy's win over Antioch well I kind of expected it. The Gallatin Antioch game should have been won by Gallatin were it not for a blatant bad call against Gallatin on a blocked punt that was returned for a TD. So bad in fact the officiating crew was suspended for 2 games and no playoff games this year. So I figured Gallatin and Antioch would face the same music from a very Good Indy team. This game will be a battle of Williamson County to go to Memphis next week. The only thing Franklin fans should be prepared for which I wasn't was the Homer Annoucer who sounds like Napoleon Dynamites Brother. Nothing personal against the guy I just can't stand Homers. Give me down distance and who made the play, leave the rest to radio. Anyways Good luck to both teams and if the way things shook out this week in 5A I wouldn't base anything on the previous game between these 2 teams. May the winner represent the west side of the midstate well in Memphis. Those 2 teams are the real deal down there.

Well to be honest I was hoping that HL would represent region 5 in this quarterfinal matchup. Franklin took care of what this Gallatin fan said was a State Title contender. The way that they handled Gallatin in week 8 I would have thought that there was no way any team could stay on the field with those atheletes. I WAS WRONG. I still can't beleive the way Franklin dominated this game. As for Indy's win over Antioch well I kind of expected it. The Gallatin Antioch game should have been won by Gallatin were it not for a blatant bad call against Gallatin on a blocked punt that was returned for a TD. So bad in fact the officiating crew was suspended for 2 games and no playoff games this year. So I figured Gallatin and Antioch would face the same music from a very Good Indy team. This game will be a battle of Williamson County to go to Memphis next week. The only thing Franklin fans should be prepared for which I wasn't was the Homer Annoucer who sounds like Napoleon Dynamites Brother. Nothing personal against the guy I just can't stand Homers. Give me down distance and who made the play, leave the rest to radio. Anyways Good luck to both teams and if the way things shook out this week in 5A I wouldn't base anything on the previous game between these 2 teams. May the winner represent the west side of the midstate well in Memphis. Those 2 teams are the real deal down there.

HAHA! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Perfect call on Napoleon Dynamite's brother. Amazing.