Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hvillfootball,

I'm not angry. I apologize if I came across that way. I'm also not suggesting that Heckman can't become a top notch high school quarterback. I just think he has the potential to become more than that. I also don't think he will get there with his current throwing mechanics. One thing I don't like about his mechanics is how he breaks his hands. It's subtle but watch the second clip I posted and notice how he lifts the ball with both hands. This is a common trait in quarterbacks who have small hands. I don't know if he has small hands. That's why I asked.

Question: are ya'll just saying that him breaking his hands late is a sign of him having small hands, or that him breaking his hands late is a mechanics problem? If so, how is it a bad thing, it seems like he would have more ball security that way...

Thanks for the breakdown. I love the little stuff like this. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If you have gone to a game this entire season or ever seen smith throw he has the better arm. Heckman has just had wonderful games to throw in like central/antioch/gallatin. Smith had to play against teams like MBA and BA and we would all agree throwing against them is alot harder. The Senior wide outs have also stepped up since heckman has been in there. Finally everyone should agree here that smith is a leader on the offense, he can run the no huddle much better than heckman (no offense) and late in the game smith puts together some great drives. The main reason Heckman is the starter now is that he has the run game in which smith does not. If that doesnt answer your question i dont know what will.

I have been to every game this year. Someone said before that Nick was a better passer and I posted stats (facts). Now you say he has a better arm. Heckman has the better arm hands down. Nick can be very accurate in the short to mid range passing game, but seemed to have lost confidence and started throwing interceptions. It was not the teams we were playing, he was just making some bad throwing decisions. I am not bashing Nick Smith. He is a good kid, but I think Heckman is the better qb at this time.

Oh, and I'll ask you the same you asked me. Have you gone to their games? Smith didn't play in the BA game. Cordell was the QB. And I never asked you a question to begin with, I posted facts.

Question: are ya'll just saying that him breaking his hands late is a sign of him having small hands, or that him breaking his hands late is a mechanics problem? If so, how is it a bad thing, it seems like he would have more ball security that way...

Thanks for the breakdown. I love the little stuff like this. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I love this stuff too pridepassionpower! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To answer your question(s)... I don't think the way he breaks his hands is very "high level". To me that is a mechanical issue. It could be separate from the possible hand size problem, or they could both be related. In other words, I don't like how he breaks his hands, but I'm not sure if the way he lifts the ball with both hands is part of his flawed hand break, or his way of compensating for having small hands (if his hands are indeed small).

Hopefully that makes sense. If not let me know.

I love this stuff too pridepassionpower! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To answer your question(s)... I don't think the way he breaks his hands is very "high level". To me that is a mechanical issue. It could be separate from the possible hand size problem, or they could both be related. In other words, I don't like how he breaks his hands, but I'm not sure if the way he lifts the ball with both hands is part of his flawed hand break, or his way of compensating for having small hands (if his hands are indeed small).

Hopefully that makes sense. If not let me know.

I'm just not sure I understand why it's bad to go up with two hands. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> It seems like it would be more secure, and you could sell your pump-fake better. What advantages do you get from going up with one hand?

This is RIDICULOUS!

We're six days away from one of the biggest matchups in recent memory and all people are talking about is the size of the Independence QBs HANDS. His HANDS. His FREAKING HANDS.

This is pathetic. You've got a young man that goes out, makes every play he's asked to make, leads his team to the state quarterfinals and some bitter souls want to talk about he isn't the better passer and how he may or may not have small hands? But we aren't sure, nor are we sure if it's even relevant to this discussion because we have trouble understanding that his statistics should speak for themselves.

Why don't we talk about how tough it's going to be for either team to get anything going offensively? Or about the improvement of the Independence offensive and defensive lines? What about players' shoe sizes? Is this one going to come down to the team with the bigger average waist size? Are you KIDDING ME?

I feel like Mike Gundy. This makes me sick.

This is RIDICULOUS!

We're six days away from one of the biggest matchups in recent memory and all people are talking about is the size of the Independence QBs HANDS. His HANDS. His FREAKING HANDS.

This is pathetic. You've got a young man that goes out, makes every play he's asked to make, leads his team to the state quarterfinals and some bitter souls want to talk about he isn't the better passer and how he may or may not have small hands? But we aren't sure, nor are we sure if it's even relevant to this discussion because we have trouble understanding that his statistics should speak for themselves.

Why don't we talk about how tough it's going to be for either team to get anything going offensively? Or about the improvement of the Independence offensive and defensive lines? What about players' shoe sizes? Is this one going to come down to the team with the bigger average waist size? Are you KIDDING ME?

Sorry to get off topic, just trying to absorb some info on QB mechanics. Not trying to take anything away from him, he has played magnificent football.

The IHS line play has gotten significantly better throughout the year. I think playing BA and MBA has paid off most with the lineman. If they continue to control the line of scrimmage as they have done recently, then this game won't be close. That being said, I don't think we will see the same level of domination as we have seen the past 3 weeks. I think this game comes down to Heckman (be his hands small or large), and his ability to keep the Rebels honest. If he can lead the Eagles to 24 or more, they win.

What's your take Gundy? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry to get off topic, just trying to absorb some info on QB mechanics. Not trying to take anything away from him, he has played magnificent football.

The IHS line play has gotten significantly better throughout the year. I think playing BA and MBA has paid off most with the lineman. If they continue to control the line of scrimmage as they have done recently, then this game won't be close. That being said, I don't think we will see the same level of domination as we have seen the past 3 weeks. I think this game comes down to Heckman (be his hands small or large), and his ability to keep the Rebels honest. If he can lead the Eagles to 24 or more, they win.

What's your take Gundy? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'M A MAN! I'M 40!

This is RIDICULOUS!

FHS propaganda machine at work.

BTW, where is Indy22????????????????????????

BLAH