Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if indy fans really think that they are going to run on franklins defense...your out of your mind......and then if that does'nt work, try to pass it franklin D you will have two of the best defensive ends in middle tennessee coming right at you, hard!.....and don't forget the lockdown secondary the rebels bring to the table.

franklin-41

indy-16

if indy fans really think that they are going to run on franklins defense...your out of your mind......and then if that does'nt work, try to pass it franklin D you will have two of the best defensive ends in middle tennessee coming right at you, hard!.....and don't forget the lockdown secondary the rebels bring to the table.

franklin-41

indy-16

Wow you really need to rethink where your coming from. The Indy run attack is much more potent now and you can expect them to break it open and when that does happen you can then expect the play action pass to come into play and then maybe then you will change your mind on the franklin win cause its not happening again.

franklin-41

indy-16

Wow nice prediction...

At the risk of repeating previous posts, Indy has really imporved since that 41-16 loss against Franklin. Nobody is saying this game is going to be a walk in the park (well except for this astute fan and rebbacker07) for either team. One of Indy's biggest problems in the first game was the ineffective play of their offense in the first half. The Eagles didn't score a touchdown until very late in the first half. The Eagles were lacking life in their offense, and that is where Heckman has really helped out. He brings a spark to the offense that they didn't have when Smith was under center. The defense has stepped up as well. I don't see to many big plays being broken on that defense next friday night.

The Riverdale/Wilson Central thread mentioned this, and I think it is a great point. Beating a team twice in a season is a very difficult task to achieve (much less winning with the same score rebelpride).

I really like Indy in this game, especially with the energy that they have shown recently.

Sort of amusing to me that folk had a thread earlier this yr giving the Franklin coach up and down the river. Yet........here he is in the 3rd round alive and well. Shame on yall!!

GO DONNIE WEBB!

That's what I was thinking, how could so many Franklin fans go from hating the coach to declaring Franklin the state champs already? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Oh well, good luck to you Franklin.

Sad that you'd try to take away from the accomplishments of Alex Heckman. Very, very sad. Without him, I don't believe this team gets to the state quarterfinals. Sure, Smith is the better passer, but Heckman has a more complete game and he makes the plays he needs to make.

Independence hasn't turned the ball over since the DC game on October 12 and the Eagles only have 2 turnovers since Heckman took over in the second half of the Memphis East game.

That said, I feel pretty comfortable having a quarterback as capable as Nick Smith as our backup. Most teams would kill to have 1 of the 2 and we have both.

I think that there's something special about this Indy team. Plus, I just feel like they want it more. Whether or not that translates to the field, who knows? Lots of factors involved there. Regardless, a "weak" region 6 is guaranteed a team in the state semifinals.

REGION 5 STANDINGS

#1 Hunters Lane--L 27-6 to Franklin

#2 Antioch L 44-12 to Indy

#3 Overton L 35-14 to Franklin

#4 Gallatin L 42-7 to Indy

Total domination by IHS and FHS. Boy this is going to be a battle. And let's be honest--Indy fans will say that the 41-16 loss means nothing and that their team has improved exponentially, while FHS fans will point to their victory and their team's recent successes and say that IHS stands no chance.

I think this one is about even and will come down to coaching. I'd take Indy's coaching staff against any right now. Clayton seems shaky at times--don't get me wrong, you can't question his success, but I'm not always confident in him. Meanwhile, Indy's coaches are in a zone right now. Look for them to bring a great gameplan into Friday's game. I think if Indy can continue to play at the level they've been playing at, they're going to be hard to beat.

Wasn't trying to take anything away from heckman. he is making the plays he needs to make. Anyone can throw a screen to a running back or Wide out and let them make plays. The stats are misleading. But he is gettin it done. I just want to see what happens when he faces a stout D like this rebel defense. With that being said you are definetly right about the coaches stepping their game up. Especially the Defensive Coordinator Coach Cieslack. He prepares those boys so well. They are in the classroom at least three times a week. I believe he will have something to stop this run game. Expect something similar to the game Indy played against Dickson Co.

If you have gone to a game this entire season or ever seen smith throw he has the better arm. Heckman has just had wonderful games to throw in like central/antioch/gallatin. Smith had to play against teams like MBA and BA and we would all agree throwing against them is alot harder. The Senior wide outs have also stepped up since heckman has been in there. Finally everyone should agree here that smith is a leader on the offense, he can run the no huddle much better than heckman (no offense) and late in the game smith puts together some great drives. The main reason Heckman is the starter now is that he has the run game in which smith does not. If that doesnt answer your question i dont know what will.

is this nick smith's mom?