Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comments about Heckman's passing abilities are valid in my opinion, but let's keep in mind that he is only a sophomore. I do believe he's going to have to make some changes to his throwing mechanics if he has any hopes of becoming a high level quarterback. High level quarterbacks beat you with their arm, not their legs. He obviously has a few more years to develop.

Here's a clip of Heckman throwing a swing pass...

This might not be the best clip to analyze, but it does make me wonder... does he have small hands? The reason I ask is because of how he breaks his hands. Here's a closer look...

Obviously there is more to being a successful high school quarterback than having quality throwing mechanics. Smith might have a leg up in that category, but Heckman has clearly been the more productive quarterback. He's done a better job managing games, and hasn't made the mistakes that Smith made. In fairness to Smith though, Heckman has faced a little easier competition.

This game should be a good one. Too close to call for me. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I came out of retirement just for you!!!

one word for you Flipper....laughable

don't you have anything else to analyze???

Good lord.. .I go to one college football game and yall go absolutely crazy in a matter of like 5 hours.... hahaha

I would like to know some stats of franklin against some higher power offenses... Not to take anything thing away from FHS D ... they are great.

I just want to know something than the stats against the weaker offenses this year. (dont take this for more than its worth)

I love this stuff too pridepassionpower! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To answer your question(s)... I don't think the way he breaks his hands is very "high level". To me that is a mechanical issue. It could be separate from the possible hand size problem, or they could both be related. In other words, I don't like how he breaks his hands, but I'm not sure if the way he lifts the ball with both hands is part of his flawed hand break, or his way of compensating for having small hands (if his hands are indeed small).

Hopefully that makes sense. If not let me know.

Can someone tell me what in the #@!^ this guy is talking about???? When you've thrown 10 TD's and one INT and over 1000 in 7 games...not to mention he's ran for a few, WHO CARES!!!

You want a job analyzing QB's hand size??? Call ESPN, I'm sure they have applications availabe for knuckle-heads with too much time on their hands

If you have gone to a game this entire season or ever seen smith throw he has the better arm. Heckman has just had wonderful games to throw in like central/antioch/gallatin. Smith had to play against teams like MBA and BA and we would all agree throwing against them is alot harder. The Senior wide outs have also stepped up since heckman has been in there. Finally everyone should agree here that smith is a leader on the offense, he can run the no huddle much better than heckman (no offense) and late in the game smith puts together some great drives. The main reason Heckman is the starter now is that he has the run game in which smith does not. If that doesnt answer your question i dont know what will.

I have watched most of the games this year. What I see now that wasn't there earlier is Independence playing as a team. Alex Heckman plays with a lot of confidence and seems to have gained tremendous respect from the older players. Good luck Friday, Eagles.

As for Coach Eubanks, keep up the good work. You are a good coach and a quality individual. Not many like you out there.

Can someone tell me what in the #@!^ this guy is talking about???? When you've thrown 10 TD's and one INT and over 1000 in 7 games...not to mention he's ran for a few, WHO CARES!!!

You want a job analyzing QB's hand size??? Call ESPN, I'm sure they have applications availabe for knuckle-heads with too much time on their hands

Welcome back Gilligan. Believe it or not I agree with you. I don't care if he throws it with his freaking feet. HELP WANTED: QB Hand Size Analyzer. Qualifications include being a knucklehead with too much time on their hands. Call 800-WHO-CARES...lol.

Good lord.. .I go to one college football game and yall go absolutely crazy in a matter of like 5 hours.... hahaha

I would like to know some stats of franklin against some higher power offenses... Not to take anything thing away from FHS D ... they are great.

I just want to know something than the stats against the weaker offenses this year. (dont take this for more than its worth)

Brentwood won 27-24 in double overtime and rushed 49 times for 200 yards and went 2-6-0 with 56 yards

Franklin rushed 29 times for 103 yards and went 10-17-2 for 97 yards

McCallie won 28-6 and rushed 30 times for 80 yards and went 11-15-2 for 151 yards

Franklin rushed 24 times for 91 yards and went 16-31-3 for 156 yards

Hillsboro tied 14-14 and rushed 22 times for 70 yards and went 7-13-0 for 80 yards

Franklin rushed 35 times for 118 yards and went 12-17-0 for 110 yards

Dickson lost 37-20 and rushed 36 times for 139 yards and went 9-16-0 for 115 yards

Franklin rushed 37 times for 260 yards and went 6-9-1 for 76 yards

Hunters Lane lost 27-6 and rushed 28 times for 60 yards and went 4-16-0 for 107 yards

Franklin rushed 49 times for 320 yards and went 2-9-0 for 28 yards

and finally Indy first time around lost 41-16 rushed 22 times for 67 yards (pettigrew had 21 yards) and went 22-25-2 for 120 yards

Franklin rushed 35 times for 185 yards and went 8-11-0 for 93 yards

While we have you out of retirement, would you like to make some analysis for us, or offer a prediction?

I'm not analyzing anything....unlike Mr. Aquarius I have a life.

This will be a good game, no doubt. Both teams are talented...you don't make it this far if you aren't. But I will say this to all the Franklin faithfull (rebel yell and fhs###)...keep drinking that koolaid...

Brentwood won 27-24 in double overtime and rushed 49 times for 200 yards and went 2-6-0 with 56 yards

Franklin rushed 29 times for 103 yards and went 10-17-2 for 97 yards

McCallie won 28-6 and rushed 30 times for 80 yards and went 11-15-2 for 151 yards

Franklin rushed 24 times for 91 yards and went 16-31-3 for 156 yards

Hillsboro tied 14-14 and rushed 22 times for 70 yards and went 7-13-0 for 80 yards

Franklin rushed 35 times for 118 yards and went 12-17-0 for 110 yards

Dickson lost 37-20 and rushed 36 times for 139 yards and went 9-16-0 for 115 yards

Franklin rushed 37 times for 260 yards and went 6-9-1 for 76 yards

Hunters Lane lost 27-6 and rushed 28 times for 60 yards and went 4-16-0 for 107 yards

Franklin rushed 49 times for 320 yards and went 2-9-0 for 28 yards

and finally Indy first time around lost 41-16 rushed 22 times for 67 yards (pettigrew had 21 yards) and went 22-25-2 for 120 yards

Franklin rushed 35 times for 185 yards and went 8-11-0 for 93 yards

and thank you