Dobyns Bennett

Tribefb

Bearden did play Farragut during the season and made the adjustments to win the playoff meeting,as we did against Oak Ridge.I thought we could have played a lot better against OR then we did,but a win is a win.We just did not match up with Farragut well.One play against Bearden could have made a big difference,and then again we might not have matched up against the four seed well.We just have to be proud of this team from where they were and look at more talented teams that have not went very far,say Riverdale for example.

I am proud of this team and program, that is why I spend my time on here with my assessments. But as long as there is the mentality of "look at a much more talented team like Riverdale who didn't go far" as our reasoning for not getting it done then it will always be just that. We should be looking at teams such as Bearden and saying that team was even with DB early and have put it together to ride (in dominating fashion) into the semis and are favored over Smyrna and that is what DB should be doing. Like I said, I find it interesting that sandwiched between 7 conference titles were Sevier County (99 5A champs) and Bearden (07 semis at worst). Those are programs DB has basically dominated over the years. Riverdale may not have "went very far" this year but they have 4 playoff state titles that speak for themselves. I am trying to honestly assess the situation.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud of this team and program, that is why I spend my time on here with my assessments. But as long as there is the mentality of "look at a much more talented team like Riverdale who didn't go far" as our reasoning for not getting it done then it will always be just that. We should be looking at teams such as Bearden and saying that team was even with DB early and have put it together to ride (in dominating fashion) into the semis and are favored over Smyrna and that is what DB should be doing. Like I said, I find it interesting that sandwiched between 7 conference titles were Sevier County (99 5A champs) and Bearden (07 semis at worst). Those are programs DB has basically dominated over the years. Riverdale may not have "went very far" this year but they have 4 playoff state titles that speak for themselves. I am trying to honestly assess the situation.

I'm not content by any means.We were to weak and lacked depth when the rubber met the road.I never liked the no huddle and got sick of counting the times a kid went the wrong way or penalties that it caused.Thank goodness we got under center more after a few hard games .Right now,it's time to look back and take the good with us while getting stronger and ready for next year.I wouldn't waste the next six months with those kids that are not going to give 100% to Dobyns Bennett football either.If they are trouble makers or just there for a football number ,say thanks but no thanks.

I'm not content by any means.We were to weak and lacked depth when the rubber met the road.I never liked the no huddle and got sick of counting the times a kid went the wrong way or penalties that it caused.Thank goodness we got under center more after a few hard games .Right now,it's time to look back and take the good with us while getting stronger and ready for next year.I wouldn't waste the next six months with those kids that are not going to give 100% to Dobyns Bennett football either.If they are trouble makers or just there for a football number ,say thanks but no thanks.

Some changes need to be made in Kingsport just like in Knoxville. Kpt- a new offensive coach. DB had 2 different seasons in one because a coach would not make adjustments early on. Problems were showing up in August but no changes until they were 1-3. It has always been DB's style to allow 2 and 3 chances to the trouble makers. Good kids, they ride and ride hard with no 2nd chances! GC learned that under Wilson. The list is long and not worth mentioning names. DB had 2 kicked off this year for stilling and fighting...they will back this spring. DB does have some big guys returning, but just like this year, big and weak. Not all, but to be a good team, you cant have a couple of weak players in the line up. A good team will exploit it. GC said himself they need to hit the weight room, hard to do it with 140 players. Get rid of the jokers and let the real players work. Still think they need to have some players run track to work on speed. Look to see DB picked to win conference.

Without any doubt this will be one of stronger years comming up for DB. I have been talking for the past three years about these guys comming up. The Def. will be big and fast on top of having a better QB this year. Def. side of the ball will be stacked as always. with or without Catfish. The backfield will be good also with two good back in the backfield Sylvester and Sensabaugh switching out time.

Roll Tribe Roll

Some changes need to be made in Kingsport just like in Knoxville. Kpt- a new offensive coach. DB had 2 different seasons in one because a coach would not make adjustments early on. Problems were showing up in August but no changes until they were 1-3. It has always been DB's style to allow 2 and 3 chances to the trouble makers. Good kids, they ride and ride hard with no 2nd chances! GC learned that under Wilson. The list is long and not worth mentioning names. DB had 2 kicked off this year for stilling and fighting...they will back this spring. DB does have some big guys returning, but just like this year, big and weak. Not all, but to be a good team, you cant have a couple of weak players in the line up. A good team will exploit it. GC said himself they need to hit the weight room, hard to do it with 140 players. Get rid of the jokers and let the real players work. Still think they need to have some players run track to work on speed. Look to see DB picked to win conference.

I wouldn't let a kid that stills or starts a lot of fights tarnish my football team.The name of the game is to win,but I would take the best {athletes + Best young men } to represent my school.Dobyns bennett's weight room is very nice but their weight training is horrible.140 kids can't jump around from one station to another for a few minutes and become 140 supermen.That's why we need to cut the team down and let some kids play tennis or run cross country,golf or whatever.You can't have 150lb kids falling off tackles like eight year old girls.I know we have some good athletes,but we get about one {Happy meal's worth } for every thousand dollars that weight room cost.I don't know who would be the offensive coach if GC wanted to give that to an asst.

okay so not to argue but DB has had strength here in the recent past. GC just rather play the smaller guys. it fits the Offensive and Def. scheme that Watson and GC have. Big lineman have to live with that fact that they could have played at any other county school and prob started but chose to stick it out with DB.

I have been told that a big ,strong fast kid with Division 1 talent has transfered to DB.Has anybody heared about a 6'2'' 250 kid with 4.5 or so speed that will be a senior.The talk is that he plays anywhere on the field,including QB!.A giant of a kid has allso transfered to DB for next years line.Does anyone know who these kids are,and if it is true????

I have been told that a big ,strong fast kid with Division 1 talent has transfered to DB.Has anybody heared about a 6'2'' 250 kid with 4.5 or so speed that will be a senior.The talk is that he plays anywhere on the field,including QB!.A giant of a kid has allso transfered to DB for next years line.Does anyone know who these kids are,and if it is true????

I did hear that a "stud" has transfered to DB and that he does play QB! Hadn't heard about the other yet, but will ask around.

Yes I've heard it. I have also heard the same story for the past.....oh, 15 years or so. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />