William Blount Post-Season Discussions

jethro

You know...I do believe that this team could really surprise some people this year. We are losing a ton of talent, but so is every other school in the Region. The cupboard's not close to being dry either, with Cope, Lail, Garner, Gordley, and Manges all returning. This reminds me of Tennessee in '98...everyone expected them to go all the way in '97, with Peyton Manning and that great senior class...but no one thought they could do it when they left. WB has a goal, and that goal is not going to change this year!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William Blount has always had good talent and now they have the coaching staff and support needed to make a program. I remember before the season, 03 (poster), an ex Bristol (TN High) supporter turned Maryville High backer (once he moved from Bristol to Knox area, how convenient to choose Maryville as your new TEAM) was saying (as many did) that William Blount would have one good year (2006) and that would be it. However, knowing that they have a coach that can rebuild teams into top programs, I knew this was not the case. William Blount has really gotten attention lately. And those that really know football, knew it all along. For many, it took a close loss to Maryville to realize that William Blount has arrived. Teams better watch WB now because they are for real.

• 2 weeks later...

As Bud said before, William Blount has talent and coaching but we as Gov fans need to step up our support for the program. I attended the Gov Club meeting last night. The bottom line is that many of the people that have been the driving force in Gov Club projects are now being lost due to the fact that their children are seniors. There are openings for returning players parents to fill and the success of the program starts here. The groups that have gone before us have did a wonderful job and should be congradulated and thanked at every opportunity for their hard work and accomplishments. The new press box and Gov house are the most visible but the work they do behind the scenes such as pregame meals and snacks for the varsity, jv, and freshmen is one of the things that let the players know we care. All you parents and alumni who are reading this need to step up and help. I know there are people who have more money than time and some who have more time than money. ( and then there is people like me who seems never to have enough of either... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ) Your donation of either is needed .....( both would be great).... if we want to continue to improve until we are kind of program our children/players deserve. With our effforts we can and will.....

I would like to personally thank all the departing Gov Club members and officers. During your tenure great accomplishments have been attained. With you goes a great legacy that we who are left must maintain and continue.

Thank you once again and GO GOVS

tpoole12

I would like to personally thank all the departing Gov Club members and officers. During your tenure great accomplishments have been attained. With you goes a great legacy that we who are left must maintain and continue.

tpoole12

Well said, my friend, well said.

How did the banquet go? I couldn't get there, but understand it was a good time. Did you get to make it?

Haven't heard all of the college signees yet. What's the word?

Jethro

PS: Has Bladerunner shown his face around here lately?? I miss him.......

• 3 weeks later...

Well said, my friend, well said.

How did the banquet go? I couldn't get there, but understand it was a good time. Did you get to make it?

Haven't heard all of the college signees yet. What's the word?

Jethro

PS: Has Bladerunner shown his face around here lately?? I miss him.......

Hey Jethro

Haven't been on in a while. Things to busy and I'm suffering from depression due to a lack of football. Haven't heard from our good friend from O. R. but I look forward to hearing from him . Hope you and yours are well.

tpoole12