Lewis county future

Stat_pack1

we will do good!! but coach Sharp will have to learn that we need to pass to win big games... we cant just run the ball the whole time we need to pass the ball..

I agree...We need to learn to pass the ball. We get in these games such as HC were we are not running the ball well and yet we stick to that for the whole game because the passing game is not there. I realize running is our bread and butter under the wing-t but somethings gotta give. Goodpasture runs the wing-t but they threw on us last year in the playoffs. We saw how succesful that was. It opened up their running game in the 2nd half. I think Sharp is a good coach but until he learns that he needs to shift some focus to passing he will never be a great coach. The threat of a pass will only help our running game!

Congrats to Dakota Crews for winning Mr. Football!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...We need to learn to pass the ball. We get in these games such as HC were we are not running the ball well and yet we stick to that for the whole game because the passing game is not there. I realize running is our bread and butter under the wing-t but somethings gotta give. Goodpasture runs the wing-t but they threw on us last year in the playoffs. We saw how succesful that was. It opened up their running game in the 2nd half. I think Sharp is a good coach but until he learns that he needs to shift some focus to passing he will never be a great coach. The threat of a pass will only help our running game!

I agree there is a need to throw the ball and be more balanced at times. Part of the problem this year was that during the year we got up on the opponents so fast that we were limited in working on our passing game in game type situations and that did come back to haunt us. I think this team had the ability to throw the ball and they "learned" it in practice daily. Not having the opportunity to throw in the later stages of games during the season hurt. We did throw a TD pass in the HC game and just missed on another. I think if coach could do over (which you can't) he would throw more in the one sided games for polish. As far a Coach knowing how to teach the passing game I would offer LC history as his defense of know the passing game. For QBs; 7 of the top 10 all-time passing (yards) played for him, 5 of the 7 1,000 yd. season passers, 2 of 3 most yds in a game, 4 of 6 most TDs thrown in a season. Receiver records during his tenure; 2 of 4 in total career receptions, 2 of 3 rec. yds in a career, 2 of 4 rec. TDs in a season and the top receiver in career TDs all played for him. Also given the type athletes that we have year in and year out we will NEVER be sucessfull throwing the ball 20 or more times each game. Before Coach came we threw the ball about 20 to 30 times every game and the best season we had during that time was 6-4. The year we went 1-9 we threw every other down and the crowd loved it, but it didn't win games for us. I think we should throw 6 to 10 passes per game. During the Pack seasons we conpleted 4.3 passes per game which is not exactly airing it out. We will be more balanced next year if some of the receivers come on and prove that they can get it done. We have a very good QB with the ability to throw and look for more next year.

Someone asked about next yrs. soph.'s

Linemen-

Cody "Bull" Mitchell- Strong, good feet, and solid leader.(name says it all)

Desi Ammons- Hard working, big in weight room, and good football mind

Cody Cogdill- great effort, needs some field time

Matt Mcclain- just a solid ball player

Dillon Crews- Played alot as Freshman, Strong, Quick, and hard nosed

Matt Hobbs- Solid center

Miles Tenison (TE) Hard-nosed, huge potential

Backs & Receivers-

QB- Lathan Vaughn- Great when the lights come on

RB's-

Darshay Sparkman- Fast, solid running the ball

Drew Ozier- Solid running back, good vision, runs the ball hard, and strong leader

Deion Robinson- Freight train of a fullback

Ben Brewer- Solid, lots of upside

WR's

Mikal Woolridge- Good Speed, Tall, And good hands

Josh Crews- Good hands, hard worker

Lots of talent in this group, another year in the weight room will do nothing but improve these young men. Will expect this group to contribute this coming year.

Also have heard a new QB is coming to lewis co. as a junior and has great size,speed,and arm.Not at liberty to give a name or where the player is from yet. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i think darshay sparkman will get some playing time this year,the kid is a hard worker and is pretty quick and isnt scared to get hit or to hit,and deon......well lol deon runs straight and if you dont have a great form tackler in front of him,ol deon will carry them to the endzone along with the rest of the team holding on lol also deon does have really great speed for his Size,he is going to be a good player along with the shifty darshay sparkman goodluck panthers

LCHS has a lot of work to do this off season. They lost a lot of talent this year, we are not sure they have the horses to replace them all. The back field is going to struggle unless they have some one step up big time. Losing 17 and 27 (Which we don't think 27 was used enough) is going to be a big task. Coaching is going to have to be a lot better next year if LCHS is hoping to even get close to this years. An undefeated region looks like a big task. They do have some good talent (that we have seen on film from the past) but its going to take a more creative coaching job to have a better year. I wonder who can replace 27 and crews on defense. BTW big congrads to crews......a great player, but even a better person, his attitude will be missed by the team, that will be hard to replace.