Lewis county future

Stat_pack1

honestly i really dont think if he does come he will play qb, he might get moved somewere else i just dont see moving cane as a real optoin as good as he is, hes a solid ballplayer hes mobile and he can throw when needed. So good more talent is commin in we need a little depth.

well idk kane would make a GREAT half-back,but idk if he would want 2 make that change..it would be nive 2 hav a QB 2 come behind him cause after kane who iss there?????????

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed Kills--that's why Lewis Co. has trouble in the playoffs--not coaching, but speed is their problem. Coach Sharpe is top notch--their speed is not.

So does this mean all should feel sorry for sharp? I thought they had plenty of speed, #17 and 27 were as fast as any LCHS played. I understand this year they have some speed and depth, #4, 22, 36. We believe for a closed zone school they are as good in talent as any other. A little more creative play calling might help some, and if your talent level isn't up to what it should , shouldn't adjustments by coaching (play calling) be made. LCHS has run the wing "T" since the wheel was invented. Open the play book alittle and play to the strengths of the team might help.

So does this mean all should feel sorry for sharp? I thought they had plenty of speed, #17 and 27 were as fast as any LCHS played. I understand this year they have some speed and depth, #4, 22, 36. We believe for a closed zone school they are as good in talent as any other. A little more creative play calling might help some, and if your talent level isn't up to what it should , shouldn't adjustments by coaching (play calling) be made. LCHS has run the wing "T" since the wheel was invented. Open the play book alittle and play to the strengths of the team might help.

Lots of teams run the Wing-T with much success--not your play book, but your speed--not enough of it at all positions.Sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes.

You haven't got a clue! I'm sure you've coach thousands of games from your recliner or standing by the fence (probably on the visitors side). You don't realize what it's like not to have the perfect situation at every position. When you are playing playstation the players never forgets their plays, gets a nagging injury, has personal or family problems at home, doesn't feel well that day, or has an un emotional game. The reality is that as a coach you must coach to your strenghts and know your weaknesses in preparation and in play calling. Think about it, all plays are design to score. If every player wins his personal battle on a given play it will be sucessful. There are certain things that we do extremly well on Friday night the doesn't come easy and a lot of hard work goes into it by the players and coaches alike. It would probably be very fun for the fans if the ball was thrown 25 or 30 times a game, but that's not practical for us to win games. McKenzie threw for 300 yards in the championship game and got waxed. By the way the first play S. Pitt score on was a buck sweep and LCHS has been running that play since the wheel was invented. SP did throw the ball......................................... a total of 6 times! They rushed for 400 yards. Alcoa threw it a total of 8 times and rushed for 275. DL threw it a total of 4 times and score the winning TD of an inside trap and, you guessed it, LCHS has run that play since the wheel was invented as well. Stat pack1 you are probably a good person who loves the game of football as much as anyone and I don't mean to insult you. I just get tired of us not appreciating our coach and the job the he does year in and year out.

You haven't got a clue! I'm sure you've coach thousands of games from your recliner or standing by the fence (probably on the visitors side). You don't realize what it's like not to have the perfect situation at every position. When you are playing playstation the players never forgets their plays, gets a nagging injury, has personal or family problems at home, doesn't feel well that day, or has an un emotional game. The reality is that as a coach you must coach to your strenghts and know your weaknesses in preparation and in play calling. Think about it, all plays are design to score. If every player wins his personal battle on a given play it will be sucessful. There are certain things that we do extremly well on Friday night the doesn't come easy and a lot of hard work goes into it by the players and coaches alike. It would probably be very fun for the fans if the ball was thrown 25 or 30 times a game, but that's not practical for us to win games. McKenzie threw for 300 yards in the championship game and got waxed. By the way the first play S. Pitt score on was a buck sweep and LCHS has been running that play since the wheel was invented. SP did throw the ball......................................... a total of 6 times! They rushed for 400 yards. Alcoa threw it a total of 8 times and rushed for 275. DL threw it a total of 4 times and score the winning TD of an inside trap and, you guessed it, LCHS has run that play since the wheel was invented as well. Stat pack1 you are probably a good person who loves the game of football as much as anyone and I don't mean to insult you. I just get tired of us not appreciating our coach and the job the he does year in and year out.

Great post ddaddy--Lewis County should be glad to have a coach with a system that stands the test of time.

First off......don't take things so personal. your statement "coach to your strengths and weakness" is what I was saying. Never said throw 25 or 30. If you don't have the speed as both of yoiu had said, you must coach different to compensate for it.....differant play calling. No body insulted your coach B. Sharp. Just an observation and opinion, and you know what they say about opinion "everyone has one" as you do. Hogan said no speed etc. I was stating that you have to call the plays based on personel. PERIOD no attacks

Have a good day