Marion County

DelTavian

dhp...

I don't know who talked to Legend at the games, but I am one of those on here who said that one of the best moves the new coach could make would be to get rid of Gudger and meybe one more and get them off the sidelines. I do believe that. I think if they are not on the sidelines and at prectices, it will be better for the team overall. Gudger was great to pump up the kids, but honestly, they did a lot of that for themselves. He seems to be very confused on the sidelines and I think that filters down to the players as well.

I don't know what the coaches in the pressbox did, so I will not comment on them, but some of the guys on the sidelines such as Gudger and maybe one more need to be gone.

I will agree with you to a point, hooker. I do think that some of the coaches need to be dealt with, but JoDan isn't one of the ones on my list. He has an understanding of football on the field. I think some of the problem is that they kind of ran over Evans last year and overpowered him. It is very important that the new coach that comes in lets the other 'helpers' know where there place is on the team. I think that a new coach will need lots of help, but he needs to be in charge and not the assistants. They were confused at times and looked lost, but that is really the coaches fault. It is his job to get everyone on the same page.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dhp...

I don't know who talked to Legend at the games, but I am one of those on here who said that one of the best moves the new coach could make would be to get rid of Gudger and meybe one more and get them off the sidelines. I do believe that. I think if they are not on the sidelines and at prectices, it will be better for the team overall. Gudger was great to pump up the kids, but honestly, they did a lot of that for themselves. He seems to be very confused on the sidelines and I think that filters down to the players as well.

I don't know what the coaches in the pressbox did, so I will not comment on them, but some of the guys on the sidelines such as Gudger and maybe one more need to be gone.

Seems to me like you must just have a personal problem with Gudger. If thats the case, you need to contact him personally. I heard he does a decent job. I also heard one of the parents tried to pick a fight with him after the purple-white game. Now thats pretty immature. To know a parent would try to fight a coach over a scrimmage. I also heard that wasn't the first time this parent tried to push a coach into retaliation. I don't know who the head coach will be, but I'm sure he'll make good decisions. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I am from out of state (NC), and I know that they have interviewed at least one person. He was interviewed last Wednesday. He is a former coordinator on the most successful team, in terms of playoff wins, in the state of North Carolina's history. A part of 5 state championships: 3 as a player and 2 as a coach. Very intelligent, young still at 35 (at least I am 35), should be around that age we graduated together.

I was interested in checking out the message boards, that is my "thing" so to speak, to hear the gossip. I have a question, if you need quality people, why would this Beck guy who I gather is the Athletic Director, take away a position that would intice a quality person who is on the same sheet of music as him by taking the job himself? That is a sure way to decrease the number of quality people working in your program. If he takes it, it is a mistake. Is it harder to get a great assistant to come on board or a great assistant to get the chance to be a head coach? Seems Beck needs to find someone who has the same vision for the program that he does and then hire them. Just my opinion. I hope for the best for you guys even more so if the hire is made I think should be.

Has he already left this school or is he still coaching there? The reason I ask is you stated former coordinator.

Hey where you at MCRoadwarrior, I ain't heard from you in a while. I want to get on that plus thing.

DHP,

All you have to do is go to your My Contols and on the left side of the page under options is purchase paid subscriptions. Just Click and follow the steps. $12 dollars a year. A dollar a month is hard to beat. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You will also get private messaging with this membership.

Has he already left this school or is he still coaching there? The reason I ask is you stated former coordinator.

He has left Swain. Long story on his leaving and we certainly felt the effect of it. Had the lowest number of players that we have ever had since he left, and worst start ever. He volunteered at a 3a school in Asheville and they won both the JV and Varsity conference championship there and the varsity went to the state semi finals, farthest they have ever been. Not saying that is all him at all, but where he is seems to have good years.

As far as X and O stuff we have always been a veer team that uses a zillion formations. On D we have multiple 4 fronts and 35 stuff alot too.

He has left Swain. Long story on his leaving and we certainly felt the effect of it. Had the lowest number of players that we have ever had since he left, and worst start ever. He volunteered at a 3a school in Asheville and they won both the JV and Varsity conference championship there and the varsity went to the state semi finals, farthest they have ever been. Not saying that is all him at all, but where he is seems to have good years.

As far as X and O stuff we have always been a veer team that uses a zillion formations. On D we have multiple 4 fronts and 35 stuff alot too.

Sounds like he is a really good coach. I also see your point about Boeck hiring someone with his viewpoint and then there would be two good coaches on staff. I could definitely see that working in our favor. I am sure whoever is making the decisions will make the right one and I believe it is time to get someone that isn't from around here. Pruitt wasn't and he did a fine job the two years he was here. If this guy is what you say he is then I don't know how we could pass him up!!!

You know, I want to know who they are interviewing. I think we have some people making us believe they are interviewing when they are not. My sources tell me no one has even applied for the job. Where is it posted at? If we are hiring someone to give themselves a raise or a buddy a raise then we need rid of the people doing the hiring!

It is not for you to know who is being interviewed unless you are part of the process. Obviously, you are not. When a decision is reached it will be posted for everyone to comment on.

Yes, several people have been interviewed. I for one have seen several but names are not going to be discussed until the administration makes a decision. The way it should be handled.

Have a GREAT day!

It is not fo royu to know who is being interviewed unless you are part of the process. Obviously, you are not. When a decision is reached it will be posted for everyone to comment on.

Yes, several people have been interviewed. I for one have seen several but names are not going to be discussed until the administration makes a decision. The way it should be handled.

Have a GREAT day!

Bill,

I'm glad that you finally made this post. This is my first, and only, post on this thread. People have expressed interest and have been interviewed. It is non of our business who those people are. Many of them are still actively coaching in one capacity or another at other schools and to reveal their names would be a dis-service to them as well as their respective schools. We must have faith that the administration will review each candidate with current job openings and make the best hire based on current situation. People on here seem to forget that the first and foremost job of a high school coach is that of a teacher. A teaching position has to be vacant and an applicant has to have the right certification to get a job in high school. Maybe higher classifications are different, but at the lower end of AA, coaches still have to teach in the classrooms. The only position that is open at this time at MCHS is a Math position. Unfortunately, not many coaches of any sort are certified in Math. Just the nature of the beast. Positions can't be created just because we need a football coach. We can wish and hope all we want but when the rubber hits the road it all boils down to who is the best coach available with the right certification. I am very confident that Coach Boeck and Mrs. Prince will make the best decision, taking everything in consideration. The thing that we, as fans, must do is to get behind their chosen coach 100% and support him and his staff. For whatever reason, right or wrong, Jason never got the full support of the fans. That wasn't fair to him. Let's not be unfair to the next guy..... Just my $0.02 worth.......

wasn't trying to campaign for my friend although I am pulling for him. Just trying to say that they are indeed interviewing folks. I hope that you guys find someone who is a good fit. He was impressed with the program and how important it is to the community, so it is a place where it matters who they choose. Will they really have to choose someone who is a math teacher? That really seems to limit their opportunities, but I do know that money and jobs don't grow on trees.

I also think that a person for this job can't be someone who will be gone in two years. Stability starts at the top and you may want to try to get someone who will be loyal to the program by staying as long as they are wanted. Best of luck in your search.

How much playing time did you get with the coach that you had the "relationship" with? Were you a starter? Were you the first sub off the bench? Did you not go out late for basketball because you weren't sure if you wanted to play for the new coach or not? Did he not let you on the team late? Did he not give you opportunity to prove yourself? Did you not quit midway through the season? Quitting or not trying out because you suspect the coach doesn't respect you is not a valid reason. It shows weakness on the part of the athlete. If "players" are walking the halls because they don't like the coach, they aren't really "players" at all. They are wanna be prima donnas that expect the world to be handed to them on a silver platter. The easy road is to quit and to blame it on the coach. Too often, that is the road that teenagers take today.

By the way, Rodman15, have you been swimming in any more bath tubs in Murfreesboro lately?

I am pretty sure that you are thinking I am someone else. I did not play any in high school. Therefore, no, I did not quit mid-season, and no, the coach did not let me on the team late, so I believe you are confused. I actually went through some open gyms and conditioning before I decided schoolwork was what I needed to work on (mostly my parents decisions, I was in all honors classes). I did not play ANY school sports until my Senior year, when my course load was lighter. And as far as your last sentence? I have no clue what you're talking about. I don't live in Murfreesboro, or go to school there.

How much playing time did you get with the coach that you had the "relationship" with? Were you a starter? Were you the first sub off the bench? Did you not go out late for basketball because you weren't sure if you wanted to play for the new coach or not? Did he not let you on the team late? Did he not give you opportunity to prove yourself? Did you not quit midway through the season? Quitting or not trying out because you suspect the coach doesn't respect you is not a valid reason. It shows weakness on the part of the athlete. If "players" are walking the halls because they don't like the coach, they aren't really "players" at all. They are wanna be prima donnas that expect the world to be handed to them on a silver platter. The easy road is to quit and to blame it on the coach. Too often, that is the road that teenagers take today.

By the way, Rodman15, have you been swimming in any more bath tubs in Murfreesboro lately?

What are you talking about? Swimming in bathtubs? Make some sense man. I think you got the wrong guy. I was never a part of the team, I never played sports until Senior year. I ended up having to quit before the official practices even began. The coach was part of it, but it was mainly because my parents who wanted me to get to college debt free strongly advised me to quit, because I was on verge of failing 2 classes. Should I have kept playing? Sure. But this thread is not about me, and I don't see why you are trying to say it is. I am just talking about my personal opinion on the coaching problem, what this board is designed to, not to try to talk about myself personally. I have NO clue who you are talking about, but it ain't me. If you are going to talk, don't talk crap, talk about what the thread is about.