Marion County

DelTavian

Old Pirate says No, obviously everyone doesn't know how coaches are paid and hired. You have never heard OP bash a coach at SP nor jasper. There have been SP fans who have and jasper fans who have done the same about "every" coach the warriors have had since KC left town. It is obvious to all nonody can replace him. Suggestion made by TL to hire KC is what would be best for jasper. OP has no beef with jasper except one week a year.

PLEASE make an apology to Mr. Stone when you see him. You should try to stay a little less confused.

OP doesn't think it fair for him to get confused with this Old Pirate.

Hey OP, Jake just called me and told me someone was posting about me on coacht. I couldn't find it but I read your response. Buddy, it's easy to confuse some old pirates. Some others have asked me if I was you. You must have a better pain thresh hold than me. I couldn't take those frying pans. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We need to talk, I thought we would run into each other at the games. Perhaps we have and just didn't know it. Well at least you know who I am. By the way great posts, I don't post regularly but read a lot. Old Pirates seem to think a like.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey OP, Jake just called me and told me someone was posting about me on coacht. I couldn't find it but I read your response. Buddy, it's easy to confuse some old pirates. Some others have asked me if I was you. You must have a better pain thresh hold than me. I couldn't take those frying pans. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We need to talk, I thought we would run into each other at the games. Perhaps we have and just didn't know it. Well at least you know who I am. By the way great posts, I don't post regularly but read a lot. Old Pirates seem to think a like.

Old Pirate says Zone edited the post. Zone Pirate & Old Pirate have talked and he knows me. OP says glad to know who you are, tell your grandson OP has been watching him and that group he plays with, they'll be really good. That boy of yours does a great job also. I'll run you down, perhaps in Murfressboro.

Old Pirate says Zone edited the post. Zone Pirate & Old Pirate have talked and he knows me. OP says glad to know who you are, tell your grandson OP has been watching him and that group he plays with, they'll be really good. That boy of yours does a great job also. I'll run you down, perhaps in Murfressboro.

Thanks OP. We need to find you another avatar, you have got mine. That's why we are being confused. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let me start by saying that this is my first, and quite possibly my last post on coacht. I have been an avid reader for several years. I am a SP grad from the early 80's and recently returned to the valley after being away for several years but I have always followed the Pirates. Let me start by saying that those people last year who were questioning Coach Grider after last season need a mental evaluation. Geez, we were 9-2 and got beat by 2 teams that were better than us at the time. I realize that most of the flack came from Geno and if you know Geno (we were in school together) you would understand. Geno never played football in his life, tried to play several times but never stuck it out. I realize that Geno is a Danny Wilson fan. Don't get me wrong, Danny was a great coach but he hasn't won a championship since he left and can't finish above 3rd place in his region. I bet he regrets the day he left. Regardless people, Vic is something like 112-29 in 11 seasons. You do the math! In regards to the Marion post, I feel the key is stability. Get someone in there and give them a chance to build a program. The ingredients are in place just give someone a chance to mix them all together. I don't like it but I have to say that the right person could make them successful again.

Old Pirate says, booboo, sometimes the truth hurts. OP doesn't give a flying flip what TTP thinks. If he doesn't like what OP posts simply ignore or skip it. The fact is Ala had no choice when they lost the Bear. Jasper lost their leader and he is still around. Simple problem with an easy fix. (1) hire him "when" you have a teacher opening and can afford him. (2) make sure you have the $$$$$$$ guaranteed. (3) pay the man when you agree on an amount.

Good Luck to coach Beock

Hopefully Coach Beck can lead this program and then he too will become a Living Legend. If a community has a Living Legend to lead the program then good things are sure to happen. Marion County helped make one Living Legend many years ago. Now might be the time to train another one. Goodluck on the search. Everyone get behind the new potential legend in charge regardless of how he runs the program. If he wants to clean house and start over then everyone support those beliefs. If Marion brings in a proven winner then chances are he will want to unload some of the extra baggage and bring in his own staff. If this happens, just give him a chance and see if it works out for the program. If it doesn't work out then everyone knows where the fingers will be pointed. If you unload any of the other coaches and pick your own staff then there can't be many excuses. You just have to win.

Hopefully Coach Beck can lead this program and then he too will become a Living Legend. If a community has a Living Legend to lead the program then good things are sure to happen. Marion County helped make one Living Legend many years ago. Now might be the time to train another one. Goodluck on the search. Everyone get behind the new potential legend in charge regardless of how he runs the program. If he wants to clean house and start over then everyone support those beliefs. If Marion brings in a proven winner then chances are he will want to unload some of the extra baggage and bring in his own staff. If this happens, just give him a chance and see if it works out for the program. If it doesn't work out then everyone knows where the fingers will be pointed. If you unload any of the other coaches and pick your own staff then there can't be many excuses. You just have to win.

Legend, Old Pirate says it's not that simple....... A coach can not be simply brought in and clean house in this county. Coaches are teachers first, and the current teacher/coaches have tenure, therefore a teaching position has to be open in their respective areas to hire a teacher/coach. Jasper folks somehow just don't see this hurdle.

OP wonders if you met Slick Rick or Zone Pirate Friday?

I understand that about the teachers, but some new coaches may not want all of the volunteer help. I have seen some coaches that don't like the free help. I am just saying whatever the new coach prefers, everyone needs to get behind him and rally the team.

OP, someone showed zonepirate to me awhile back during the Boyd Buchanan game. I see that he is an assistant coach with the football program. I don't know anyone by the name of Rick, much less a slick one. I did meet Grunt from Trousdale County a few weeks back. He seemed like a great guy that really enjoyed watching young lads go to war. I also met one guy from Friendship, but I can't remember what name he told me he went by on the T. Will you be in The Burro this weekend? I was telling MO$$Y I am watching all of the games and will be staying at the Holiday Inn. Maybe coachT will have that meet and greet where we can all talk during the day on Friday. I am taking off half a day so I should be up there by around 2:30 or so. I am going to see if Holiday Inn will let me check in a little early.

I understand that about the teachers, but some new coaches may not want all of the volunteer help. I have seen some coaches that don't like the free help. I am just saying whatever the new coach prefers, everyone needs to get behind him and rally the team.

OP, someone showed zonepirate to me awhile back during the Boyd Buchanan game. I see that he is an assistant coach with the football program. I don't know anyone by the name of Rick, much less a slick one. I did meet Grunt from Trousdale County a few weeks back. He seemed like a great guy that really enjoyed watching young lads go to war. I also met one guy from Friendship, but I can't remember what name he told me he went by on the T. Will you be in The Burro this weekend? I was telling MO$$Y I am watching all of the games and will be staying at the Holiday Inn. Maybe coachT will have that meet and greet where we can all talk during the day on Friday. I am taking off half a day so I should be up there by around 2:30 or so. I am going to see if Holiday Inn will let me check in a little early.

Legend, Old Pirate says Zone helps coach Stone with the junior high program and is a high school volunteer assistant that helps with something, not sure. Zone has been coaching for years in our little little league program. He was the little league president for several years. He is a quality guy and has become a vital part of Pirate country. OP will be in boro, I think the wife wants to go so that probably means I'll be there late. OP may give her some money to go shopping on.

OP justs wants to be on time and possably meet some coacht living legends.

Legend, Old Pirate says Zone helps coach Stone with the junior high program and is a high school volunteer assistant that helps with something, not sure. Zone has been coaching for years in our little little league program. He was the little league president for several years. He is a quality guy and has become a vital part of Pirate country. OP will be in boro, I think the wife wants to go so that probably means I'll be there late. OP may give her some money to go shopping on.

OP justs wants to be on time and possably meet some coacht living legends.

OP, hit me up on email. mallis312@aol.com

Hey Umpy, Old Pirate wonders if you are a local (S/Valley) ump?

Nope. Grew up a little up the road in Jasper. Wore the purple and white for KC. Played alot of softball in South Pittsburg and Jasper, but a wife and daughters took me to Cleveland. Still go back alot to visit family and friends though. I'd do anything though to be able to move back to the Valley. Nowhere on earth that is a better place to live and raise a family.