Summer Coaches

Funman

Good idea Funman, start with your own SBcoach. He always

does a great job with the girls, and proof is that the core

group of the Brentwood Blues has been there for years.

Next, the XtremeEdge guys always have their teams primed

at the end of the season, going back to their first year

when they won the NSA World Series in 1999 in Chattanooga

to last year when they finished 5th in the nationals. The

guys are Bob Hesson, Rick Barr, Joe Fowler, David Steen,

Thomas, and all the rest.

The Firebirds are always strong and fundamentally sound

under the tutelage of Sam Camp.

Of course I would be remiss if I did not mention the

Challenger Express' own Tim Webb, Mike Newsome, and Emery

McCoy, but don't tell them I bragged on them (lol)

Some other good midstate teams that I don't have the coaches

names are Wild Things, Typhoons, Elite, Drillers.

Also, there are some awfully good teams in the Chattanooga

area and some from the Memphis area that I don't have the

coaches names also.

Probably most of the top teams have one or two coaches that could be called high quality. Chris Williams and James Card are with the Eagles 18-under from Chattanooga, they seemed to do a great job in the games I saw balancing 4 good pitchers and 3 good catchers. I never saw the first sign of any ego or jealousy from any of them, actually away from the field some of them seemed like life-long friends. Some of that has to do with the girls themselves but the coaches have a big role in it too. Ted Broyles and the Templeton fellow with the Mustangs 18-under (I'll edit when I remember his first name or someone mentions) have 3 very good pitchers too, and two other pretty good ones and I also didn't see anything from the players about who should pitch how many innings or any other garbage. They also played good defense from what I saw, some of that is school but it also takes something getting players from x different schools to work well together.

Jimmy Braden is doing a great job with the Hurricanes 16u team. He is a student of the game and works hard for the girls and they return in kind. Very positive influence on the girls.

I'd like to also second Indian's nomination of the staff for the Chattanooga-Eagles 18u. I don't know who is responsible for their players attitudes and effort (maybe it is just a good group of girls), but they are a pleasure to compete with.

Ben Tyree...Brentwood Blues....has always taught the girls how to win with class and to lose with class....great teacher of fundamentals..little things that help you win games...Most of my daughters skills have come from the last 6 years under Ben........

Guest ncjenks

John Kirk of the Columbia Drillers 16u! With five 1st place tournament wins, he's doing a great job. He has no daughter on the team and plays to win. If we are down 1-0 in a game, he will make something happen. Let's also mention his assistant coaches-his daughter Sara, Norm Jenks and Frankie Locklar. Good job and keep it up!