Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

there are some smyrna individual player highlights at

www.storkmontgomery.com

go to our stars and see wilks (wr) and gray (qb)

also dog bones video wilks vs riverdale

be interested to know what you think.

anyone know where any bearden stuff is on line?

No offense to Gray (he is a great looking QB) but from what i saw on both of those videos, the Wilks kid pretty much makes Gray. Whether it be by Wilks making a spectacular catch or by Wilks making great cuts every play. Gray, however, is good at avoiding pressure and finding an open receiver (usually Wilks) downfield.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to Gray (he is a great looking QB) but from what i saw on both of those videos, the Wilks kid pretty much makes Gray. Whether it be by Wilks making a spectacular catch or by Wilks making great cuts every play. Gray, however, is good at avoiding pressure and finding an open receiver (usually Wilks) downfield.

If you are a fan, get there early and watch this kid warm up. If you are a player, you'll just have to wait until kickoff. He has the strongest arm I have ever seen on a high school kid. Not only that, he is an outstanding young man...the epitome of a "student-athlete."

No offense to you sir, but apparently you dont know what your talking about.

No offense to you sir, but apparently you dont know what your talking about.

Notice how i made my assumption on the two highlight videos. Excuse me if i am mistaken.

If you are a fan, get there early and watch this kid warm up. If you are a player, you'll just have to wait until kickoff. He has the strongest arm I have ever seen on a high school kid. Not only that, he is an outstanding young man...the epitome of a "student-athlete."

Yes he does have quite a gun.

Notice how i made my assumption on the two highlight videos. Excuse me if i am mistaken.Yes he does have quite a gun.

Well the thing about tape is it can only reveal so much. Is Wilks a great receiver? Or course, but they would be just fine without him, Smyrna could just plug someone else in and there wouldnt be as big of a difference as most think. Sonny has all the intangibles that you could ever want from any player and without him, they wouldnt have been as successful these last 2 years as they have been.

one of the things sonny does to get lose is throw it deep increasing the distance till he is throwing it from taround he visitors 40 to the back of the end zone around 70 yards.

Like larry the cable guy says "I dont care who ya are thats funny"

"I dont care who you pull for that is something to see from a hs kid"

thanks for the link on bearden, I am one of the fortunate ones that get to see opponents game film and it is good to go into a game knowing what to expect.

Sonny can make the play in the pocket, out of the pocket, on the run, on his back......you name it and Sonny can do it. Just call him the Great Houdini, the escape artist. Wilks is good......but take a look at Hagar, Martin.....a host of other kids that can make the catch too. It is SONNY that has the vision on the field to make the right play AFTER reading the defense. He can even call the play at the line. How many QB's do you know in HS that are given that right?

PLUS, he is an honor student, a superb baseball player, and as HUMBLE as they come. They broke the mold when they made this kid. He is the best QB in Smyrna history......maybe not the most athletic.....but the BEST one hands down.