Henry Co. vs Maplewood

BigRedForLife

Tomorrow will be a good game. Both teams have an equal chance of winning. Henry County needs to calm down even though im a huge henry county fan. We are acting like a bunch of rednecks. The train horn is awsome but it is to much. The helicopter flying in people like HANK,and CALVIN just gets the other team fired up more than henry county.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to be argumentative or a smart alec. I don't think our pregame activities make us look like rednecks. I think they just show how much we support our team. It is great to be in a one-high-school community where almost everyone gets behind the team. I do hate it when we get on here and talk about how we are going to beat a team that we have never played. I want to win as much as anyone (you just have to trust me on that), but we never know until the game is played. It's almost like being a little kid and being afraid to say something because you might jinx it. I can't even say st..... cham......! Go Big Red! No matter what happens, I am proud of our team and proud to live in Henry Co. There are lots of great people here.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get on here much but i just wanted to come on here say something i felt needed to be said. First of all i played last year for Henry county and was fortunate enough to start and play all year, And it was a great moment getting to play in the semi's last year at home even though we lost. Also, i just wanted to tell everybody who has a child on the team or is just goin to support their team, just cherish the moment of either seeing your child or team out there playing tommorrow night, even though it's still not quite state it's still an incredible achivement for both teams to have made it to this point. Also, i just wanted to say that it is great to see HC fans walking around and so dawg gone fired up about patiot football. we've come a long way from 3 years ago when coach Gaddis first came to HC. He has really made a difference here. and made a big impact on my life. Also the other coaches could be head coaches anywhere in the state. they are all first class men. They have all turned HC into a powerhouse in the west and a team to be feared. Lastly I just wanted to say that i'm extremely proud of where I come from, and you best believe here at college all the folks hear about how we do it in BIG RED NATION.

Go Patriots.

Guest Advisor

Tomorrow will be a good game. Both teams have an equal chance of winning. Henry County needs to calm down even though im a huge henry county fan. We are acting like a bunch of rednecks. The train horn is awsome but it is to much. The helicopter flying in people like HANK,and CALVIN just gets the other team fired up more than henry county.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!

HCHSfan4life, perhaps you need to be better informed before you make such accusations! First of all, it was the Raliegh-Egypt game when the TN Drug Task Force Helicopter made it's first appearance at Patriot Stadium. ALL of those attending witnessed a salute to the ALL Henry County Veterans serving on foreign soil both past and present! If that makes us "redneck" to salute these men and women, well.......we've been called worse! Furthermore, Hank was asked if he would like to participate in the flyover the next week and guess what........he did!! Thirdly, have you ever been to Orange Mound? The Golden Wildcats are always fired up when they take the field......regardless of the who they play, where they play, or pregame festivities!! Lastly, I suggest you be the one to express to Coach Gaddis that "The Horn" is "too much"!! If given the choice of the horn or you being in attendance, my guess is that you would be watching the game from Rhea school!! HCHSfan4life..........take a knee!! Just enjoy tomorrow night and support the Big Red!!!

P.S. Many of the posters on this very thread have ZERO ties to HC. Many do not even live here who are making such outrageous predictions! Most are haters of one club or another!

HCHSfan4life, perhaps you need to be better informed before you make such accusations! First of all, it was the Raliegh-Egypt game when the TN Drug Task Force Helicopter made it's first appearance at Patriot Stadium. ALL of those attending witnessed a salute to the ALL Henry County Veterans serving on foreign soil both past and present! If that makes us "redneck" to salute these men and women, well.......we've been called worse! Furthermore, Hank was asked if he would like to participate in the flyover the next week and guess what........he did!! Thirdly, have you ever been to Orange Mound? The Golden Wildcats are always fired up when they take the field......regardless of the who they play, where they play, or pregame festivities!! Lastly, I suggest you be the one to express to Coach Gaddis that "The Horn" is "too much"!! If given the choice of the horn or you being in attendance, my guess is that you would be watching the game from Rhea school!! HCHSfan4life..........take a knee!! Just enjoy tomorrow night and support the Big Red!!!

P.S. Many of the posters on this very thread have ZERO ties to HC. Many do not even live here who are making such outrageous predictions! Most are haters of one club or another!

yeah i am with the advisor on this one if the horns and choppers help the other team then hchsfan4life is retarded becuase we are still in the playoffs arent we and doing good i think

What a wonderful day for a football game!! The day that we have waited for since last year is finally here again. We will not be denied again this year!! Guys it's time to focus and take care of business. Remember the feeling that you had after the Westview game or the Hillsboro game last year?? We will not have that again tonight!! You MUST find it in you somewhere to bring more to this game than you have brought to ANY game this year. I ask these same words again today...HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT??!!

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

PATRIOTS you need tighten it up tonight i have found out by some sources that maplewood has a pretty good starting quarterback and that means they can pass and from what i have seen our pass defense doesnt stink but it could be better and if they complete alot then we are in trouble but if we stop them then we should win

GO BIG RED GO BIG RED

12 hours!

Waiting can be tough!!

Read interview with Maplewood Coach. He said they have been playing speakers and using horns to simulate crowd noise of Patriot Stadium. 12th man will be huge tonight. Let's see if we can raise those decibals a notch when Panthers have the ball. Let's see if we can't be a little distracting to the Panthers.

Maplewood Coach expressed his concerns about stopping the Patriot spread offense. He mentioned using alot of blitzes and trying to use their speed on D to slow Pats down. I hope he has to send them a night long and Pats just keep them on the run.

Henry County offensive skill players have put up some big numbers in 2007. One of those reasons is the young men on the line and downfield blocking. The offensive line and defensive line play will be HUGE in determining the outcome of tonights game. Got complete confidence that those linemen can get their assignments done.

Are the Pats hungry enough to get to State?

Let's put it this way, the got a taste of Semis last year, bitter was the reminder. This year they are focused to take a sweeter bite and be playing for the whole enchillada next week! I believe the answer is YES!

Pats will play their hearts out tonight and leave it all the field.

Let's see if we (Fans) can't do the same at the Stadium tonight.

ROLL RED ROLL

RED SWARM

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we all have our own ways of coming up with predictions and well, mine has come to me this morning as it usually does at some point of the week, I go about this in a different manner weekly, and this week

We win 40-18, sorry Maplwood, with my Prophetic powers, I have seeen that after losing to Henry county tonight, the Panthers will be playing second fiddle to Hillsboro for the next few years.

Good Morning Big Red Nation! Today's the Day! The Tennessee State Semi-Final Game. Henry County vs. Maplewood in and epic battle at Patriot Stadium. Come one, come ALL! You'll not want to miss this one.

DT06, great post and welcome to the boards! I am proud of you for putting that post up here for all to see. BR84, get the juices flowing! We're gonna need all we can get tonight! Its do or die! Wingman, very good and accurate post. Its in the trenches that this battle will be won. We are under 10 hours now, and I CAN"T WAIT!!! To all the Maplewood folks coming over, please drive safe and we welcome you to Paris and Henry County. By the way, the directions in the Tennessean were incorrect. Just map it out on google or mapquest, its pretty easy.

To the Big Red Patriots: "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can't find them, make them." This is your chance boys! Its up to you. Is this something you want to happen? If so, then get out there and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Good Morning Patriot fans Its almost here what we have waited for all week lets get out there Big Red fans and support our team

PATRIOTS you need tighten it up tonight i have found out by some sources that maplewood has a pretty good starting quarterback and that means they can pass and from what i have seen our pass defense doesnt stink but it could be better and if they complete alot then we are in trouble but if we stop them then we should win

GO BIG RED GO BIG RED

As i posted yesterday and during the week. Cover the pass and a good D game and should be a win for the PATS.. BRING IT ALL TONIGHT.

Fixing to get ready to make the drive to Paris. See you guys in a few hours will be wearing my CHS hoody of the big one of CHS.

Now i don't want too be rolled over in the fire pit OK lol. *wink*

Don't Fret PATS you have GADDIS on this game plan hopefully he got some game footage of our lose to the Panthers.