Wilson Central Offseason Thread

lhs12

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lets break it down who they lose, and who comes back on both side of the ball.

They will be replacing a QB(McChurch), FB/RB/LB(Majors), TE/DT(Adkins), DT(Newell), C(Bochette), G/LB(Cranford), CB(Shannon), K(Matheson).

Returning will be the BIG HITTERS Neville and Rottero.

On Defense: WC returns Agee NG, Rottero LB, Poole LB, Brooks DB, Neville DB, Simmons DB.

On Offense : WC returns Poole FB, Brooks WB, Raines WB, McMurray SE, Stewart SE, Hudson SE, Clemmons OL, Muncy OL, Rottero OL, Neville FB, Simmons WB

These are the starters or those who saw significant playing time this season. As you can see, WC is a fairly young team with talent ready to shine and hopefully, leaders ready to step in.

They will be replacing a QB(McChurch), FB/RB/LB(Majors), TE/DT(Adkins), DT(Newell), C(Bochette), G/LB(Cranford), CB(Shannon), K(Matheson).

Returning will be the BIG HITTERS Neville and Rottero.

On Defense: WC returns Agee NG, Rottero LB, Poole LB, Brooks DB, Neville DB, Simmons DB.

On Offense : WC returns Poole FB, Brooks WB, Raines WB, McMurray SE, Stewart SE, Hudson SE, Clemmons OL, Muncy OL, Rottero OL, Neville FB, Simmons WB

These are the starters or those who saw significant playing time this season. As you can see, WC is a fairly young team with talent ready to shine and hopefully, leaders ready to step in.

Those first two will be especially hard to replace IMO, but WC has some talent returning and should be good, not great next year.

I think we'll be ok. Anytime you lose a 3 yr starter or in our case a couple 3 year starters your gonna suffer a little bit but I think we have the guys that are ready to step in. We've got a pretty strong junior class. Ross Strongs a really good athlete, he should be able to step right in at qb.(hopefully)....I dont think we lost near as much as everyone else does...I'd say a 2nd seed...maybe a 3rd....we'll be back in the playoffs though for sure!!... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think the return of Elrod will be huge, and the status of the D-Coordinator will also go along way in determining the success of the wildcats next year. I would call them both gurus, and hope to see them both return. Coach Aric has assembled a pretty good staff, especially his right hand men. Regardless of the coaching however, these guys need to play with heart, play as a team, and continue to build each other up. Expect excellence from each other, encourage when it is not achieved, pick up each other's slack when you have to, seniors LEAD, and go get a championship!!

it sure seemed like every player that touched the ball for wc friday night was a senior?

I sure hope so !

actually, I think the only ones were McChurch and Majors...Majors hadn't carried the ball that much all season but I guess we still had some guys banged up with ankle injuries. I think Shannon(#1) only had one carry cause hes still hurting a little bit. The only DB were losing is Conner...the rest are Juniors...so yea, I think our defense might even be better....We still could use some depth. I have a feeling that a lot of those kids that quit back in the spring and summer will be coming back out this year!!... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WC has a nice nucleus of players coming back I think they will be in contention again in 08! Best wishes for next season!

yeah... i got a question does wilson central have any sophmores this year that didnt start that have a good chance of starting in the 08' season if anyone knows! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />