Tri-County Seven - Week of 26 November, 2007

krichunaka

Ha ha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Even if we beat Elizabethton (and we would) the cyclones fans would get on here and make excuses and still rank them number one in their silly little Tri-County poll. Its already happened before. The bottom line is this: Elizabethton people think they are better than everyone else in the county. They look down on our communities. There are so many egos that they are switching coaches and leaders all of the time. Its just one big political mess. In reality, they are an embarrassment in sports. Our county schools are producing more results because we have learned to do things as a family. Thats what this country was founded on. God, Family, and Hard workers who worked as a team, not the garbage that this city represents. I wish they would take their white collared politically correct butts somewhere else.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brittany Scott was sick Thursday when she arrived at Johnson County High School.

That illness didn't hinder her game as she put up 18 points in barely a half of

basketball to lead all scorers. Unaka won in Mountain City - 59-38.

The Lady Rangers shot much better from the perimeter - - nine threes, but Coach

Kenneth Chambers will have to continue to expect steady production from his

freshmen. One of them, Taylor Byars, starts at shooting guard; Chesnie Cox

plays a lot at one and two. Tayler Nidiffer had some very good, second-half

minutes, with three points and five rebounds; and Kayla Wilson played and

scored two.

Byars hit four threes and scored 15 points; Kaleigh Elsea and Kayla Winters each

scored 7.

Johnson County is playing better team ball. Angie Church played well and scored

12 points; Kendra Mabe had 8; April Wilson scored 10, Kechia Eller six, and Lindsey

Campbell had 2 for the Lady Longhorns.

Friday:

Chuckey Doak at Elizabethton.

Happy Valley at Unicoi County.

Highlander, whether you believe it or not, I'm on your side. I'm gonna fight for Cloudland until they put me in a grave somewhere. I give Cloudland unconditional love. Even if Roan Mt. was going to stone me tomorrow, I will love this school and town with all my heart. These people from Elizabethton and Stoney Creek will pat you on the back to your face and act like Christians, but amongst themselves they will belittle us. At least I am what I am. A hardline extremist. I'm not afraid to say what I think and they know where I stand.

Highlander, whether you believe it or not, I'm on your side. I'm gonna fight for Cloudland until they put me in a grave somewhere. I give Cloudland unconditional love. Even if Roan Mt. was going to stone me tomorrow, I will love this school and town with all my heart. These people from Elizabethton and Stoney Creek will pat you on the back to your face and act like Christians, but amongst themselves they will belittle us. At least I am what I am. A hardline extremist. I'm not afraid to say what I think and they know where I stand.

Paranoid /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> , but I have to love your posts. They are so out'Landish' that they are actually funny.

GO CARTER COUNTY!

and especially........... GO CYCLONES! (anything wrong with supporting your 'home' team?)

I must say I am surprised to see Unicoi Co. only beat Happy Valley by 1 at home. Unicoi clearly did not take advantage of their size advantage, but I am sure the Warriors had something to do with it.

Coachh, happen to catch the game. Unicoi is not as good as I thought they might be. Guard play is very week. Had a very hard time of handling, passing and controling the basketball. Happy Valley's pressure, and it wasn't great, gave them a really hard time. Unicoi did take advantage of their size by offensive rebounding. They didn't take advantage of it through their offense because they had a difficult time in finding the open post players with their guards. Unicoi let Happy Valley stay in the game with turnovers and missed foul shots. Give Happy Valley credit they did what they had to do to stay in the game, made some big three pointers and made most of their foul shots. Happy Valley had free throws to go ahead and missed them both and then fouled, allowing Unicoi to take the lead. A turnover by Happy Valley at the end of the game ended their chance of a game winning try. Unicoi proved it doesn't matter what kind of post players you have if you can't get them the ball. Elizabethton and South Greene seem to be a little better than the rest of the conference. Unicoi might match up a little better with Elizabethton. Happy Valley showed some improvement but they must shoot the ball from the perimeter well each night to compete.

Screen,

I think that is a fair assesment. Unicoi is missing Engle at point. Before Engle graduated, Headley was an outstanding point guard. Unicoi has struggled with pressure for the past four or five seasons. I tend to agree that South Greene will be a tough match-up for Unicoi because of there pressure defense. Elizabethton's quick guards may also cause them some problems. Coach Fisher is outstanding and will have them working on handling pressure, you can count on that. I think the District race will be close and exciting.

Coachh, happen to catch the game. Unicoi is not as good as I thought they might be. Guard play is very week. Had a very hard time of handling, passing and controling the basketball. Happy Valley's pressure, and it wasn't great, gave them a really hard time. Unicoi did take advantage of their size by offensive rebounding. They didn't take advantage of it through their offense because they had a difficult time in finding the open post players with their guards. Unicoi let Happy Valley stay in the game with turnovers and missed foul shots. Give Happy Valley credit they did what they had to do to stay in the game, made some big three pointers and made most of their foul shots. Happy Valley had free throws to go ahead and missed them both and then fouled, allowing Unicoi to take the lead. A turnover by Happy Valley at the end of the game ended their chance of a game winning try. Unicoi proved it doesn't matter what kind of post players you have if you can't get them the ball. Elizabethton and South Greene seem to be a little better than the rest of the conference. Unicoi might match up a little better with Elizabethton. Happy Valley showed some improvement but they must shoot the ball from the perimeter well each night to compete.

Agree with Coachh's assessment of the game between Happy Valley and Unicoi. As stated, the bottom line for the Warriors is they must shoot well from the outside. Not to take credit away from the Warrior's inside game, they just don't have the size at the post positions to compete with teams like Unicoi and Cloudland....second shots kill!!!

I must say I am surprised to see Unicoi Co. only beat Happy Valley by 1 at home. Unicoi clearly did not take advantage of their size advantage, but I am sure the Warriors had something to do with it.

Why are you so surprised?? Happy Valley isnt as bad as everyone puts them out to be... They came back from a double digit lead that Unicoi held... Were you watching the same game i was?

Why are you so surprised?? Happy Valley isnt as bad as everyone puts them out to be... They came back from a double digit lead that Unicoi held... Were you watching the same game i was?

i agree with you itsgametime00, the warriors battled back and was playing like a team.. alot of people bash on the warrios, if you just watch how they play together you can tell that its a new team and more aggresive and they are playing with such intensity that they are going to end up coming out more on top of the totum pole than you would think..