Franklin's Offseason,08 outlook

franktownrebs

I would be embarrassed if you were my dad. You act like a fool on here and in public. Its funny how you defend the announcer, maybe because its you, just a guess. I would feel like an idiot for acting in such a manner!

I will apologize for hijacking this thread, but since nobody must be interested in discussing offseason Franklin football.

Be you thought I wasn't going to respond. I thought about not responding to you but I changed my mind. Are you a player, fan or parent? If you had read and actually comprehended mt posts you would know I did not defend the announcer. I was just wanting you to stop whining about the announcer. With you and others like you it is all about making others look bad and blame others for your loses. Oh, an just for the record, I am not the announcer and do think he has said some questionable things.

But then you made the mistake to take it to a personal level and and say if I was your dad.......My son would never feel that way. Maybe your dad should be embarrassed about you saying things like that, but he is probably the parent that complained to Central Office about the announcer. That is a great use of administrators that have real problems to solve other than an announcer hurting someones feelings.

I could go on but I won't. Again, I apologize for hijacking the thread and will delete my post if any non-whining, non excuse-making Franklin poster asks me to.

I will apologize for hijacking this thread, but since nobody must be interested in discussing offseason Franklin football.

Be you thought I wasn't going to respond. I thought about not responding to you but I changed my mind. Are you a player, fan or parent? If you had read and actually comprehended mt posts you would know I did not defend the announcer. I was just wanting you to stop whining about the announcer. With you and others like you it is all about making others look bad and blame others for your loses. Oh, an just for the record, I am not the announcer and do think he has said some questionable things.

But then you made the mistake to take it to a personal level and and say if I was your dad.......My son would never feel that way. Maybe your dad should be embarrassed about you saying things like that, but he is probably the parent that complained to Central Office about the announcer. That is a great use of administrators that have real problems to solve other than an announcer hurting someones feelings.

I could go on but I won't. Again, I apologize for hijacking the thread and will delete my post if any non-whining, non excuse-making Franklin poster asks me to.

No one is posting anything so ill reply to get this thread attention. I dont care about you hijacking this thread but id like to say the announcer was not even the blame. He was classless but who cares the game was decided because of the reffing. Anyways its over so we will come ready next year to sweep independence and this is my outlook on next season:

Franklin D is notorious for being a fast and smart defense. Coach Webb has to be one of the best defensive coaches around and he knows how to break down offenses. We are also a big blitzing team because of our speed and athleticism. We are loosing key defensive players this year such as Daniel Campbell, Casey Dikes, Justin Hampton, Max Camp, Benny Anderson, and a few key d-linemen-Andrew Montgomery Carter Mcphee and Yohance Butler. These players were great athletes and led our defense and i take my hat off to appreciate their effort and honor their contributions but in no aspect am I afraid of our defense next year.

We have JD Jervis, a returning D-tackle who is tough and athletic and got a lot of experience this year starting most of the games. We also have other big defensive lineman returning from injury such as Nick Gordon who was out most of the season due to breaking his collar bone. Returning we also have Eric Brown who is a very athletic corner who also got a lot of experience last year at corner and returning kickoffs. Also we have Cole Nathan who was a starting MLB last year who left the season early due to breaking his tibia and fibula. He has a lot of experience from his sophmore year and starting some of this year so he will also be a key player. Also, Michael Constantine, a sophmore got a lot of playing time this year and has improved a lot and is looking to improve a lot in the offseason. We also have Jamal Starnes who started his sophmore year and junior year and is a key player in our defense at the saftey position. Ramsey Sellers is returning next year and is a very versatile athlete and will definitely contribute to both offense and defense. Also, I dont want to talk about myself so i will talk very minimal but i went out early due to tearing my acl and I will also be returning next year.(Mitch Pratt). Also a new addition to the linebackers is Jonny Jones who is very athletic and plans on improving at the OLB spot. We have a few spots to fill but our team is filled with a lot of athletes so I am not worried about that.

As for our offense, there is not much to say. We had a young O this year so almost everyone will be returning. Graham Nichols improved a lot this year and will have another yera to make his O even better and improve on his skills. Keylo Lee is a powerful running back, only a sophmore this year and Jarrel Eaton will be returning at wide reciever. We are losing a few great lineman but we also had a lot of juniors start so they will also be returning such as Andrew Combos who is a great tackle, Alex Edrinken and many others with a few big and athletic sophmores. With the whole offseason to improve, I beleive Franklin will dominate our region next year so be ready. Go rebs

Indy game announcer is not as annoying as the BA game announcer. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> We thought the Indy game announcer was kind of comical. On Indy's first downs, we would try to help mimic the words First Down out since he tried to stretch the words out for 4-5 seconds. The Indy's announcer must be working on his Michael Buffer impressions. He never got around to the "Let's get ready to rumble" during the game. It would have been an treat. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Blaming the officials or anything else for that matter isn't going to do anybody any good. Were there some bad calls? Sure there were, but good teams make their own luck and are able to overcome those things. Franklin just wasn't good enough to do this.

As for the future, I think the outlook for Franklin is very bright. They're losing a lot of talented players, but they still have some talent coming back as franktownrebs mentioned. Keylo Lee and Michael Constantine are returning sophomores who saw quite a bit of varsity action this season, especially Lee, but there are a lot of other talented sophomores working hard and hoping for their opportunity to show what they can do. These players played a big role in the success of the JV team leading them to a 4-0 record beating teams by an average score of 34-9. All while getting limited reps at practice during the week because they weren't varsity regulars. A few of these players took it upon themselves to get better and spent time outside of the team environment to work on their skills and improve their game and it showed in their play as the season went on.

It's like I always tell my son... If you aren't getting better you're getting worse, and doing nothing is still doing something. In todays world, where most kids do just enough to get by, these boys are a breath of fresh air. They are also part of the future and that's very encouraging to know.

Blaming the officials or anything else for that matter isn't going to do anybody any good. Were there some bad calls? Sure there were, but good teams make their own luck and are able to overcome those things. Franklin just wasn't good enough to do this.

As for the future, I think the outlook for Franklin is very bright. They're losing a lot of talented players, but they still have some talent coming back as franktownrebs mentioned. Keylo Lee and Michael Constantine are returning sophomores who saw quite a bit of varsity action this season, especially Lee, but there are a lot of other talented sophomores working hard and hoping for their opportunity to show what they can do. These players played a big role in the success of the JV team leading them to a 4-0 record beating teams by an average score of 34-9. All while getting limited reps at practice during the week because they weren't varsity regulars. A few of these players took it upon themselves to get better and spent time outside of the team environment to work on their skills and improve their game and it showed in their play as the season went on.

It's like I always tell my son... If you aren't getting better you're getting worse, and doing nothing is still doing something. In todays world, where most kids do just enough to get by, these boys are a breath of fresh air. They are also part of the future and that's very encouraging to know.

well IMO the "rebel D" will show up very weak next season and with coach claytons play calling, even with the right players i dont think he will be able to make it far.

The rebel D loses everybody in the offseason, they have 1 returning starter who was hurt early in the season.the MLB i believe.

No one is posting anything so ill reply to get this thread attention. I dont care about you hijacking this thread but id like to say the announcer was not even the blame. He was classless but who cares the game was decided because of the reffing. Anyways its over so we will come ready next year to sweep independence and this is my outlook on next season:

Franklin D is notorious for being a fast and smart defense. Coach Webb has to be one of the best defensive coaches around and he knows how to break down offenses. We are also a big blitzing team because of our speed and athleticism. We are loosing key defensive players this year such as Daniel Campbell, Casey Dikes, Justin Hampton, Max Camp, Benny Anderson, and a few key d-linemen-Andrew Montgomery Carter Mcphee and Yohance Butler. These players were great athletes and led our defense and i take my hat off to appreciate their effort and honor their contributions but in no aspect am I afraid of our defense next year.

We have JD Jervis, a returning D-tackle who is tough and athletic and got a lot of experience this year starting most of the games. We also have other big defensive lineman returning from injury such as Nick Gordon who was out most of the season due to breaking his collar bone. Returning we also have Eric Brown who is a very athletic corner who also got a lot of experience last year at corner and returning kickoffs. Also we have Cole Nathan who was a starting MLB last year who left the season early due to breaking his tibia and fibula. He has a lot of experience from his sophmore year and starting some of this year so he will also be a key player. Also, Michael Constantine, a sophmore got a lot of playing time this year and has improved a lot and is looking to improve a lot in the offseason. We also have Jamal Starnes who started his sophmore year and junior year and is a key player in our defense at the saftey position. Ramsey Sellers is returning next year and is a very versatile athlete and will definitely contribute to both offense and defense. Also, I dont want to talk about myself so i will talk very minimal but i went out early due to tearing my acl and I will also be returning next year.(Mitch Pratt). Also a new addition to the linebackers is Jonny Jones who is very athletic and plans on improving at the OLB spot. We have a few spots to fill but our team is filled with a lot of athletes so I am not worried about that.

Mr. Pratt-

Are you going to conduct this thread all by your self? You know that when you ask questions and then answer them yourself it is a sign of schizophrenia. HAHA

You Franklin people make me laugh.

I played at Franklin a few years ago and as an alum of the school i am embarrassed to see franklin fans posting that they lost a game because of the refs. refs are just as much a part of the game as is a qb or a running back. Come ready to play and you should have no worries abut how the game is going to be officiated. Quit making excuses and give credit where credit is due.

well IMO the "rebel D" will show up very weak next season and with coach claytons play calling, even with the right players i dont think he will be able to make it far.The rebel D loses everybody in the offseason, they have 1 returning starter who was hurt early in the season.the MLB i believe.

No. also Jamal Starnes, JD Jervis, and Eric Brown are also returning starters/partial starters and we have good back up with a great defensive coach. I think we will be fine, you need to worry about CHS

Mr. Pratt-Are you going to conduct this thread all by your self? You know that when you ask questions and then answer them yourself it is a sign of schizophrenia. HAHAYou Franklin people make me laugh.

ahah i was jsut trying to get this thread attention