4AAA

BentlyD44

Ok first off I'll let yall know that I do go to Bearden and maybe have maroon-tinted glasses on, but IMHO this is the best Bearden team I have seen in a while (yes better than Tony White's SR. year). We have a 6'8 big man that no one can stop (Demonte Simpson) and then there is no true other post. Blake Jenkins (6'6) plays outside for us and guards the other teams guards and believe me he is very quick. He has a body frame like Kevin Durant, tall and lanky and can play outside. I will agree that the one weak spot is at PG, but Andy Fennel has played varsity for 4 years and has very good instincts and can shoot, but isn't much of a driver. Then we have Dustin Craig who is also a D1 prospect along with Demonte and Blake and Dustin is very good at driving and dishing. The player to watch thought is someone no has heard about..NATE PARKER. He might be the most athletic player we have and he can jump outta the gym! Maryville and Farragut may have good guards, but tell me how you get shots off on guys who are 6'6 and 6'5 playing outside. I'm telling you this team is special and anything less than a state champ. will be very disappointing.

Maryville is a much better team than Bearden. Bearden does not have the guard play to compete with Maryville, and once Douglas gets back for Maryville, they may not loose a game in the district, and have a legit shot at maybe getting back to state and possibly winning it again.

The word going around is that Douglas isn't playing this year b/c he is having surgery on his shoulder. Idk if it's not true, but thats what I've heard at BHS.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel that it's handling pressure that will be the problem. Neither Farragut or Maryville are huge full court pressure defensive teams. I was referring to knocking down big shots consistently from the perimeter, taking care of the ball and running half court offenses. I don't know that the Bearden guards (or any other ET teams) can outshoot Damron, Lambert, Click, Abraham, Hundley, Phillips, etc. from the 3 point line. That makes the inside games of Farragut and Maryville much more effective. It would be much easier to double the Bearden posts without the threat of raining 3s like the other 2 teams.

You might want to refer back to the Bearden-Maryville tournament game last year when Maryville was down by 15 or more in the first half using that strategy.

Ok first off I'll let yall know that I do go to Bearden and maybe have maroon-tinted glasses on, but IMHO this is the best Bearden team I have seen in a while (yes better than Tony White's SR. year). We have a 6'8 big man that no one can stop (Demonte Simpson) and then there is no true other post. Blake Jenkins (6'6) plays outside for us and guards the other teams guards and believe me he is very quick. He has a body frame like Kevin Durant, tall and lanky and can play outside. I will agree that the one weak spot is at PG, but Andy Fennel has played varsity for 4 years and has very good instincts and can shoot, but isn't much of a driver. Then we have Dustin Craig who is also a D1 prospect along with Demonte and Blake and Dustin is very good at driving and dishing. The player to watch thought is someone no has heard about..NATE PARKER. He might be the most athletic player we have and he can jump outta the gym! Maryville and Farragut may have good guards, but tell me how you get shots off on guys who are 6'6 and 6'5 playing outside. I'm telling you this team is special and anything less than a state champ. will be very disappointing.The word going around is that Douglas isn't playing this year b/c he is having surgery on his shoulder. Idk if it's not true, but thats what I've heard at BHS.

Maryville coach this week said that Douglas is not having surgery and is good to go after football.