Neutral Sites for playoff games?

SeeMorePop

Would using neutral sites for playoff games be feasible in TN? Even if it is only for the Qtr and Semi final games. It would allow for bigger venues and possibly more fan participation. This was the way that the UIL in Texas used when I was stationed there. Made for some very interesting and memorable games. Like on Friday Night Lights. Just a thought and wondered if it had ever been discussed here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would using neutral sites for playoff games be feasible in TN? Even if it is only for the Qtr and Semi final games. It would allow for bigger venues and possibly more fan participation. This was the way that the UIL in Texas used when I was stationed there. Made for some very interesting and memorable games. Like on Friday Night Lights. Just a thought and wondered if it had ever been discussed here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

as if there are not interesting and memobale games now, what is the advantage of taking care of business in the regular season?

I think the semis should be at a neutral site since the team with the best seed doen't necessarily get the home game.

I think the semis should be at a neutral site since the team with the best seed doen't necessarily get the home game.

I agree. Georgia does that for their semi finals in the Georgia Dome. Which is great for football fans that just want to watch some great teams. The way they set up ticket prices is very affordable and the venue is very well ran. They start playing games at like 8 or 9 in the morning and go all day friday and all day saturday. They play like 6 games in one day. Its alot of fun to go down there.

Guest Advisor

Is it not great for fans now? Teams and players are all acustom to playing at 8 or 9 in the morning, why not get t hem up at like 2:00 in the morning and play under the lights at like 4:30 am. Lets make it better for the fans, and forget who it is really about, the players. If I were, and I am, a football fan, I will go see the game I want whether I had to travel to Nashville, or Memphis, or Murfreesboro, or Savanah. The atmosphere at high school stadiums is not matched at big college stadiums. There is something special about the high school football stadium that I like, small sets of bleachers packed tight with loyal fans, as opposed to the same number of fans at a 60000 seat stadium. I think that people t hat are for this would probably not be so much for it if they were hosting a game tomorrow night.

I couldn't agree more with the Prophet! Home field advantage is such a motivational tool during the regular season. Furthermore, MTSU's campus I feel is a little too sprawling for the State Championship weekend. There was a special atmosphere on West End when the title games were held at Dudley Field! Personally, the NAIA has gotten it right........there National Title Game is at Hardin County High which is a beautiful facility but yet still a small, high school venue!!

I agree. Georgia does that for their semi finals in the Georgia Dome. Which is great for football fans that just want to watch some great teams. The way they set up ticket prices is very affordable and the venue is very well ran. They start playing games at like 8 or 9 in the morning and go all day friday and all day saturday. They play like 6 games in one day. Its alot of fun to go down there.

Is it not great for fans now? Teams and players are all acustom to playing at 8 or 9 in the morning, why not get t hem up at like 2:00 in the morning and play under the lights at like 4:30 am. Lets make it better for the fans, and forget who it is really about, the players. If I were, and I am, a football fan, I will go see the game I want whether I had to travel to Nashville, or Memphis, or Murfreesboro, or Savanah. The atmosphere at high school stadiums is not matched at big college stadiums. There is something special about the high school football stadium that I like, small sets of bleachers packed tight with loyal fans, as opposed to the same number of fans at a 60000 seat stadium. I think that people t hat are for this would probably not be so much for it if they were hosting a game tomorrow night.

5 games one day. See if they started playing the 1st game at 11 or 12, then the 5th game wouldn't start until 1 or 2 in the morning anyways. There are some GA schools do practice before school starts in the morning, because it get very hot down there especially in the southern part, so to some teams it would be that big of a deal to play in the morning. It is still great for fans coaches and players. It is just I havn't had a chance to go back the last 2 since they move the weekend from thanksgiving weekend to this weekend. See the problem that Georgia had was too many fans showing up and not enough room especially at the smaller schools so they moved it to the GA Dome. It hard to fit 10,000 to 12,000 people in a 3,000 seat stadium. There was a few more reasons why. and not just room. All schools get a very good cut from the ticket sales. Plus it is special for the players to get a chance to play in not a college staduim but an NFL stadium and it is for the right to play in the state championship the following week. To many players and coaches it dosn't get any better. Alot of theses player are not even going to have a chance to play in a college let alone an NFL Stadium. My best friend got 4 chances to play there and loved it. It didn't bother him to play a game in the morning, and win a state title the following week at the GA Dome. The atmosphere maybe not as great but it is impressive to see about 30,000 people there for saturday class 5A game with Brookwood and Camden Co. playing to go to the state in 2003.

I couldn't agree more with the Prophet! Home field advantage is such a motivational tool during the regular season. Furthermore, MTSU's campus I feel is a little too sprawling for the State Championship weekend. There was a special atmosphere on West End when the title games were held at Dudley Field! Personally, the NAIA has gotten it right........there National Title Game is at Hardin County High which is a beautiful facility but yet still a small, high school venue!!

I just had a seizure when I saw your post.

If my info is right in Ga. they play the semi's at the dome then go back to the HS for the finals. It is my understanding they will change this next year to have the finals in the dome and NOT the semi's.

Yeap that is right and I got to correct myself the semi's in GA are next weekend at the dome. One thing I can't understand is why did GHSA change the format because both the finals and semi finals were both in the dome and then I think it was 2 or 3 years ago the made it semi finals only at the dome and the championships at the higher seed and also moved the start of the season back. That didn't make much sense.