BlueCross Bowl Coverage

FBEmeritus

I often wonder if it has ever been considered to allow the teams to provide their own play-by-play people to the broadcast crew during the games. Let me explain my thought best I can.

When a team advances to the state championship game in Murfreesboro the people at home who can not travel to the game are subject to announcers on TV and radio who know little to nothing about ether team. The normal BlueCross Bowl announcers over the years have done a decent job on the games but they don't know the kids, coaches or anything about the communities represented by the two teams playing the games. Frank Wychek knows football for sure but HS football has changed since he played and he knows nothing or very little about the kids playing the game or where they grew up.

My idea. When teams say like Maryville and Hillsboro advance to play the 4A game, why can't one local commentator from each of the communities sit next to play-by-play BCB announcer and provide numbers, names, team information and general information like injuries during the game?

I think this would greatly add to the broadcast and coverage of the event. What does the board think about the idea?

Not saying Maryville is a lock to get there I just used the example of the MHS and HHS scenario for discussion to make my point.

Your own guys can do the games as long as they have done at least half of those teams??™ games during the year. Complain to your local radio guys. TV is a different story; the TSSAA has a contract with a Nashville TV station to do the games and they ship-it out to other stations that want to pick it up. Radio has a network but local guys can still do the games for a small fee as long as they follow the rules as stated before.

I been calling games in Tennessee on the Radio and TV for 25 years and that's the way it works. By the way a local cable channel can do the games for a fee but can show it on tape not live. I did this for Grundy Co. basketball as it works the same way as football.

Your own guys can do the games as long as they have done at least half of those teams??™ games during the year. Complain to your local radio guys. TV is a different story; the TSSAA has a contract with a Nashville TV station to do the games and they ship-it out to other stations that want to pick it up. Radio has a network but local guys can still do the games for a small fee as long as they follow the rules as stated before.

I been calling games in Tennessee on the Radio and TV for 25 years and that's the way it works. By the way a local cable channel can do the games for a fee but can show it on tape not live. I did this for Grundy Co. basketball as it works the same way as football.

Yes, Sir I understand the local guys can do the games, and in the case of our school they do cover the game on local radio. On TV, the play by play guy does a great job, but the color expert does not know the teams or kids. He can??™t talk about the team or kids or the season simply because he has never seen the team play. I just thought it would be great if a person who was familiar with the team could provide better information than two guys who have never seen ether team play. This was not an attack only an idea from a fan of the game.

I often wonder if it has ever been considered to allow the teams to provide their own play-by-play people to the broadcast crew during the games. Let me explain my thought best I can.

When a team advances to the state championship game in Murfreesboro the people at home who can not travel to the game are subject to announcers on TV and radio who know little to nothing about ether team. The normal BlueCross Bowl announcers over the years have done a decent job on the games but they don't know the kids, coaches or anything about the communities represented by the two teams playing the games. Frank Wychek knows football for sure but HS football has changed since he played and he knows nothing or very little about the kids playing the game or where they grew up.

My idea. When teams say like Maryville and Hillsboro advance to play the 4A game, why can't one local commentator from each of the communities sit next to play-by-play BCB announcer and provide numbers, names, team information and general information like injuries during the game?

I think this would greatly add to the broadcast and coverage of the event. What does the board think about the idea?

Not saying Maryville is a lock to get there I just used the example of the MHS and HHS scenario for discussion to make my point.

FB, I never was 100% sure who you were till just now. Coulda been 1 of 2 people, I narrowed it down to. Now I am certain and I'll see you Saturday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Rebels! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />