Greeneville vs Cocke County IMAC

KardzGuy

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension ? I stated in the 2nd sentence that I was from Greeneville. I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to start making "ignorant" statements. Maybe you should read a post before you start posting replys to it.Thanks for a very professional reply.

No I read quite well thanks. Hey did you know that kardz is actually spelled "cards"? Apparently you should see Webster the wizard yourself. And you actually didn't state that you are from Greeneville until the comment right after my last one, which was not there when I was replying to you. Sorry, I'm not a mind-reader.

On to hoopsgod, who I have decided to dignify with a response for some reason. Your cries of recruiting are really annoying. Allow me to explain here. Families move. Families have kids. Kids play basketball. Some kids can play high school basketball. Kids like to play for coaches who want to win. Do you understand, or should I break out the flow maps? And maybe Duncan prefers to coach the high school game. Once again I am not a mind-reader, why don't you go ask him? O wait, he's a terrible coach who recruits, who would want to talk to him?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXACTLY...Im glad somebody finally came out with it, hes a terrible coach who recruits players. Who would want to talk to him. Thank you for clearing that up for everybody on the thread.

Yes, families do move. But I would say it is a lot more likely for a family to move to a place where the parents are promised a good job. Think about it.

Sorry to dissapoint you Barb, but according to the box scores printing in the Greeneville Sun, Cocke County was 5 for 11. Let's assume they make all of their 1st shots, that would make them 5 of 10, if they missed all of their 2nd. If every shot was a one-and-one, and they missed all of their 1st shots except 5, they would have only gotten 6 more attempts. Again, my point, at best Greeneville still gets 14 more attempts from the line than CC. On your 1st statement, how could I be embarassed to be from Greeneville, if I'm not FROM Greeneville. Kinda obvious. My statement of ignorant was only in reply to someone using the term 1st, but obviously not completely reading the post. Evidently someone needs to see what Webster's has to say about "ignorant".

Lets just not assume anything and find out how many fouls were called. The only fact here is Greeneville hit 87% from the stripe and CC only 46%.You cannot ASSUME all CC shots were 1 and 1 just like you cant assume all of Greeneville's 16 first half shots were separate fouls. 16 attempts in the first half could be only 8 fouls...not excessive in a physical game and certainly when you are pounding the boards like Greeneville does. Stop assessing officiating on Sun stats ( which are ofter inaccurate) and go watch the game for crying out loud. At least then you can be informed.

Sorry Barb, but this game was not called very fair. If cocke county doesn't get the fouls on the big man early then it is a different ball game. I was there and watched it. I typically won't complain or say many negative things, but the officiating was one sided. I hope that it won't continue to be that way. Duncan is a good coach and for some reason tends to get a new player every year. Wether he recruits or players just want to play for him I don't know. I know that he does the best with what he has every year. Regardless if he recruits or if they flock to him He is a good coach. The Wiggins kid last year was a great asset. But we also have to realize that he lost a great player that went back to Florida also.

Gee so now duncan can get people jobs? And here I was thinking he was just a basketball coach.

Let's pull our heads out of the sand. Bill Duncan can't find people jobs and the head football coach gets his entire compensation package from Greeneville City School Systems. Get Real. Duncan knows basketball as well as anybody, does great with what he's got, but we all know he plays outside the box also. I didn't mean for this thread to become a Duncan bashing session, but I have no control over others opinions. By the way Barb, you said you didn't go to the game, not me, and you never have given me the info on Duncan coaching in the Olympics.

Let's pull our heads out of the sand. Bill Duncan can't find people jobs and the head football coach gets his entire compensation package from Greeneville City School Systems. Get Real. Duncan knows basketball as well as anybody, does great with what he's got, but we all know he plays outside the box also. I didn't mean for this thread to become a Duncan bashing session, but I have no control over others opinions. By the way Barb, you said you didn't go to the game, not me, and you never have given me the info on Duncan coaching in the Olympics.

So did you go to the game...cause all you have done is quote newspaper stats. The Kuwaiti national team hasnever advanced to the Olympic round but does compete in the Olympic trials.

So did you go to the game...cause all you have done is quote newspaper stats. The Kuwaiti national team hasnever advanced to the Olympic round but does compete in the Olympic trials.

Yes, I was there. I have been a Greeneville basketball fan for years. I simply quoted the Sun because it is usually a reliable source and I have no reason to think their stats were not accurate.

Yes, I was there. I have been a Greeneville basketball fan for years. I simply quoted the Sun because it is usually a reliable source and I have no reason to think their stats were not accurate.

I did not mean to intimate that the Sun's stats are not accurate , although there are often discrepancies with the official stats, but the point is the stats they list do not paint an accurate picture of how the game was officiated. You cannot evaluate the way fouls were meted out by evaluating the number of attempt from the line....there are too many variables.

As far as your motives for starting this thread, I think you knew exactly the can of worms you were opening when you started it, or you would not have used the term "home cooking". Duncan doesn't do anything that any other high school coach would do to help his team. Perhaps instead of pointing the finger at Greeneville or Duncan, you might try targeting IMAC officiating in general because it is obviously the problem...always has been.

And since the subject of recruiting has come up, I believe aau coaches have a bit of influence in directing players and their parents to beneficial programs. Duncan has developed quite a reputation for moving players to the next level, even role players. It shouldn't be surprising that some parents would want to help their kids in any way possible. If you think its a problem then maybe the open enrollment policy of both the city and county schools should be evaluated. But don't blame Duncan for being pro-active with his talent.

I did not mean to intimate that the Sun's stats are not accurate , although there are often discrepancies with the official stats, but the point is the stats they list do not paint an accurate picture of how the game was officiated. You cannot evaluate the way fouls were meted out by evaluating the number of attempt from the line....there are too many variables.

As far as your motives for starting this thread, I think you knew exactly the can of worms you were opening when you started it, or you would not have used the term "home cooking". Duncan doesn't do anything that any other high school coach would do to help his team. Perhaps instead of pointing the finger at Greeneville or Duncan, you might try targeting IMAC officiating in general because it is obviously the problem...always has been.

And since the subject of recruiting has come up, I believe aau coaches have a bit of influence in directing players and their parents to beneficial programs. Duncan has developed quite a reputation for moving players to the next level, even role players. It shouldn't be surprising that some parents would want to help their kids in any way possible. If you think its a problem then maybe the open enrollment policy of both the city and county schools should be evaluated. But don't blame Duncan for being pro-active with his talent.

I didn't bring up the recruiting issue, just agreed, but also said that that subject was another topic, and tried to redirect the writer to stay on the issue at hand.

Yes. Keep targeting IMAC officials....you are a joke.