Farragut Off-season thread

wareagle05

Other than TB Andre Sterling and the QB Andrew Martland, I am not sure what Farragut is losing to graduation. Additionally, I am not sure when the new West Knoxville high school Hardin Valley opens. If it is next year then that will likely siphon off some of Farragut's returning talent and have a very negative affect on the sports program as a whole. I hate to see that. I would rather see Farragut, Bearden and Karns all expanded with classrooms and teachers added than to see a new school take kids away from each of them.

Can anybody shed some light on when the new school opens and what that might do to Farragut's team next year. If it does not have too much affect on Farragut's team, then I suspect the returning underclassmen from this years team will at least be competitive within Region 2 as usual.

Reese Browning is returning.. He threw 4, I think, TDs against Bradley as a soph. this year. He came in in the William Blount game and the offense didn't miss a beat. The backup RBs seemed decent this year. Of course most of the time they were against not good teams, but they still held their own. I think next year there may be more passing, not sure of any WRs returning other than Van Dyne, but he also ran the ball some. It will be interesting to see what happens. It hurts to lose Sterling though. Also I think the whole secondary is gone.. could be good, could be bad.

Returning players on offense: OL- Will Jackson, no other player returning played any significant time. WR- Lee Van Dyne, David Allen, Brady Evans(?), look for freshman Walter (?) he looks special in the freshman games I saw. RB- Lee Van Dyne, Chris Bass, Freshman Montre Hudson could contribute next year. QB- Reese Browning, will signifcantly change the look of the offense next year, shift from run first option to pass first option maybe?.

Returning players on defense: DL- Derrick Harper is the only one with any real game experience, Greg Greico will be a big contributor. LB- JT Ducette is a returning starter, Austin Bolen should maybe have started last year, freshman Brooks Harper could slide into the other starting spot. DB- Trevoris Bogan returns at corner, Nathan Gibson will have the inside track at safety, the other corner is wide open though, maybe the freshman Walter (?) could develop.

Overall, the team may be a little short on experience, but should have good talent. This years Sophmore class is talented, and from what I've seen of the Freshman they have a couple of players that may fit in somewhere. Seniors Sterling, Martland, and Zack Allen will be hard to replace, and with Will Jackson the only returning OL man with any playing time that is definitely a concern. The offense may look to throw the ball more with a less mobile, but stronger armed Browning behind center. Defensively, we will miss Jameson, Canan, Morrison, and Reinhart dearly on the DL. With Zack Allen gone at safety we'll have to find a big play maker somewhere.

That's how I see next year shaping up. I've watched most of these guys since they were freshman, and I hate to see them go, but there's always someone else waiting their chance.

When is the impact from the new Hardin Valley HS supposed to take place ? Will that affect the 2008 or the 2009 team ? I know that when HVHS opens that it will drastically reduce the student population of Farragut probably to somewhere down around 1400 or 1500 from 2300. Surely, that will have an significant negative impact on the athletic programs of Farragut. Does anyone have any info on this ???

could be some passing records broken next year. with reese being a JR along with most of the WR that have played together since middle school (van dyne, mowery, david allen) and winborne and evans being seniors, they could be throwing the ball all over the field. the line will have to grow up quick, but i believe jackson will lead that group and show them how to play on fridays. the defense will have to fill some pretty big holes, seems like we've had to do that every year for the past 3 years on defense. good luck in the offseason

I think HVA is supposed to open the 2008 year, but I thought I heard somewhere that they were going to do some now and the rest later or something ridiculous like that. No matter when it opens I am still confused on how the county thinks they are getting 800-900 people from Farragut... Still kills me that people that live inside of the Farragut town limits have to go to HVA.. ridiculous. the county is crazy. Unfortunately Farragut will be losing kids, which will hurt the whole school, academically and in athletics. I think there will be anotehr rezoning after a few years of HVA being open to move the used to be Farragut kids back to Farragut from HVA. All that is out by HVA is land. From the way I heard the school is supposed to be it will be over crowded in about 4 years after it opens. It will become the new Farragut (move near there specifically for the school). It sounds like a nice place, but bad planning by the county will hurt everyone and every school involved.