Did you see this?

CoachGonyeaTemp

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Gonyea,

All of us at Independence are currently scheming to get past this Smyrna defense, but we realize that we probably have no chance at beating 12 men!

Oh well, it makes for a good excuse if we fail to get it done on the field. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are. On the other hand, we all know refs miss calls from time to time and some may do it on purpose because they have a bunch of loud mouths that make them mad. But I don't think the refs get together and say"O.K. lets make sure Smyrna wins the state". Smyrna and Independence both deserve to be where they are and may the best team win.

smyrna is pretty much blue collar I am afarid if we get in a bidding war with Independence we may lose /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

however seeing some Independence players at the awards deal today I didn't see a real preppy in the bunch( that is always the perception) as a matter of fact peddigrew looked like he would be right at home riding to the game on Smyrnas bus ( that is a compliment by the way).

smyrna is pretty much blue collar I am afarid if we get in a bidding war with Independence we may lose /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

however seeing some Independence players at the awards deal today I didn't see a real preppy in the bunch( that is always the perception) as a matter of fact peddigrew looked like he would be right at home riding to the game on Smyrnas bus ( that is a compliment by the way).

Spring Hill/Thompson's Station is a very blue collar area. The growth was started by the building of the GM Plant (formerly Saturn) a few miles down the road, and a lot of these players have mothers and fathers that put in the blue collar work on the assembly line, just as Smyrna has the Nissan plant.

I'm not trying to stir up debate about anything, just pointing out yet another similarity these two schools share.

Spring Hill/Thompson's Station is a very blue collar area. The growth was started by the building of the GM Plant (formerly Saturn) a few miles down the road, and a lot of these players have mothers and fathers that put in the blue collar work on the assembly line, just as Smyrna has the Nissan plant.

I'm not trying to stir up debate about anything, just pointing out yet another similarity these two schools share.

I had never thought of that angle. That is kind of ironic. I hope this game turns out to be a well-played game from everyone. I am looking forward to taking this one in