Clarksville Slamfest

rileyfrazier

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a shot in the dark but i'm guessing Clarksville will be in attendance... Lol!

If most of the teams from last year show up it could be real exciting again. Here's some from last year I remember:

Soddy

Ooltewah

Ravenwood

Brentwood

Hendersonville

Overton

Clarksville

Rossview

There were more but i can't remember anymore. Last year it was Soddy and Ooltewah in the finals with Soddy winning, but if the Owls can perform like they did last weekend I'd give them the nod at this point. But that's just assuming they're all coming again. Should be a great tourny to watch in any event!

Just a shot in the dark but i'm guessing Clarksville will be in attendance... Lol!

If most of the teams from last year show up it could be real exciting again. Here's some from last year I remember:

Soddy

Ooltewah

Ravenwood

Brentwood

Hendersonville

Overton

Clarksville

Rossview

There were more but i can't remember anymore. Last year it was Soddy and Ooltewah in the finals with Soddy winning, but if the Owls can perform like they did last weekend I'd give them the nod at this point. But that's just assuming they're all coming again. Should be a great tourny to watch in any event!

Soddy's tournament is this weekend so they won't be there this year.

i imagine kenwood, northeast, and northwest will be in attendance since the tournament is only a hop skip and leap through traffic.

looks like this year's tournament ought to be very exciting. there looks to be tough competition in this years tournament if ooltewah, hendersonville, ravenwood, kenwood, overton and whoever else is coming. the ones that have been named so far are all very tough teams. usually hartselle alabama comes up to wrestle too but either way this year should be good. shoot depending on how the tournament is set up it could be a tough road to finals for all the teams participating.

who wants to wager that the food in the hospitality room is going to be great? sorry for those of you who have never gotten the opportunity to chow down up there (at the end of the tournament, when i was wrestling for CHS, the mom's and coach cobb would let the wildcat wrestlers clean up all the leftovers after we had all the mats broken down and everything picked up.) /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> all you coaches and refs who get in there no what i'm talking about.

Wouldn't the tournament be a little tougher with Montgomery Central in there instead of Kenwood?

i don't think by taking kenwood out and putting montgomery central in slamfest that it would make the tournament tougher. kenwood's absence would be a loss for all teams competing. both are good teams, but kenwood year in and year out proves that they are more often than not a better team than montgomery central. granted central did beat kenwood this year but then lost to a team that on the same night kenwood won against if i remember correctly. it's also still pretty early in the season to declare who is a tougher team. now hopefully people don't take me saying that kenwood should be in the tournament as a bash against montgomery central. i try to stay away from talking trash about teams that i havent seen wrestle this year so that applies to this situation as well. i imagine most teams decided several months ago whether they would be attending Slamfest or not, and for some reason or another MCHS either didn't want to go or had another tournament they wanted to attend. maybe they wanted a weekend off, afterall it is a long season.

Not a knock to Kenwood or MCHS, but does it really matter? Neither team is strong enough to win it. It just comes down to who do you want to compete/see and Kenwood chose to see the teams at Slamfest while MCHS didn't. My vote is on Ooltewah taking the tourney. After that it's a toss up really. Clarksville Overton Brentwood Ravenwood are probably the next top teams in my opinion. In any event Saturday is going to be full of great wrestling!

Not a knock to Kenwood or MCHS, but does it really matter? Neither team is strong enough to win it. It just comes down to who do you want to compete/see and Kenwood chose to see the teams at Slamfest while MCHS didn't. My vote is on Ooltewah taking the tourney. After that it's a toss up really. Clarksville Overton Brentwood Ravenwood are probably the next top teams in my opinion. In any event Saturday is going to be full of great wrestling!

MatWizard, Maybe they should have Cleveland instead of Ooltewah. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Since Clevland beat the owls.

The Commando's will be missing a few starters so don't know how the JV will do but it's a great training ground. See U there!

MatWizard, Maybe they should have Cleveland instead of Ooltewah. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Since Clevland beat the owls.

The Commando's will be missing a few starters so don't know how the JV will do but it's a great training ground. See U there!

well seeing as how i feel that all the top notch teams in the state should be there would make it irrelevant to count ooltewah out because of a loss to another team. i do know however that cleveland usually has a top notch team and there were years that CHS wrestled them and Cleveland beat us, but unfortunately for them they couldnt make it to state because their county neighbors were just that good. i also didn't state that any teams should be swapped out and even if i thought that, my views would have little relevance to artie or whoever gets the tournament set up. my post earlier was more about how i thought that kenwood should be in the tournament because they want to be in the tournament. if you started deciding to qualify teams for slamfest it would then in fact be an early state tournament. if this were to happen then many teams in the clarksville and other surrounding areas may not get the chance to compete against top notch opponents like ooltewah or hendersonville.

so i don't know how i was brought into switching teams out because a team that is in the tournament was beaten by an opponent. when i said if kenwood were swapped for montgomery central (which is highly unlikely to happen) it would be depriving many teams from wrestling a quality opponent. i more or less said it would be better if they were both there. but for some reason mchs chose not to attend due to other plans or whatever other reason. needless to say i don't want to be associated with swapping teams due to perfromance and i'm fine with the way the tournament is currently.