WAT ABOUT GRACE CHRISTIAN

ramrowdy52

And one other thing, GCA may not make it out of 1st round districts this season. From what i have been told, Berean will come in as bottom seed. which more than likely will pit GCA vs. Berean 1st round. Uh Oh.........

the public schools are sitting back and snickering on this one. Of course something might happen to get this possibility changed.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Coonhunter9 @ Dec 5 2007 - 12:22 AM)

He is nothing but a Bully, he is surviving off of recruiting not transfers and they will catch them, you wait and see. I think that tssaa will have to do something with the privates they can't keep doing what they do and keep it a fair playing feild for all, anyone can buy a trophy and thats whats going to happen and keep happening if they let this stuff continue.....

Quit whining!!!! Until the TSSAA does decide to do something about privates playing in public leagues it's pointless to complain. Everyone is dealing with the privates....Kids transfer to a lot of schools for different reasons. Getting transfers does not make you a bully......winning by 50 doesn't either....Oak Ridge and Fulton did it last night too....I think it usually means your pretty good

Good post chill and you are correct. Students transfer to and from schools year in and year out (public and private). I remember 3, 4 and 5 years ago we were the ones getting beat by 40 or 50. Our athletic program is getting better and we are winning now and everyone wants to make excuses for us like coonhunter9 is. Every school will have their ups and downs. We are up right now. I hope we can stay that way. Kids want to play on winning teams and growing programs that have a positive future. For example....Alcoa, Fulton, Catholic, Maryville, AE, Oak Ridge.

Look, I didn't mean to say that from an arrogant standpoint; if it came across that way then I apologize.

What I mean is that it is the coaching staff/players of WHS have a responsibilty to compete. Coach Lamb would not do anything to put teams down make them look bad. I am sure he played everyone and alot of playing time was spread around. I remember a few years ago when WHS was not a bad team. Small schools go through ups and downs.

Grace has a good team and he wants to keep them sharp, even if that means leaving a starter or two on teh floor with some subs ( Every good coach does this).

As for recruiting jab by "coonboy"; all schools recruit!! I have been around long enough to see public schools and private schools do this. Maybe not openly but isn't it strange how a kid's mom or dad gets a "new" job in a new school district across town or they suddenly move after years in the same house. I never hear any of this being talked about by public school coaches, they only want to talk about private schools recruiting. We all know it happens- it is the 2 ton elephant in the room nobody want to mention.

I think one thing nobody ever mentions is that some christian school coaches are used to coaching against better talent with lesser talent. When they do get some talent it I think it shocks most people when they do well and then that is when you hear all the talk about "recruiting".

One more thing and I will be quiet- SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS!! People want to be a part of something special and exciting and that is the best recruiting tool of all!!

GRACE HAS ALL FIVE STARTERS BACK AND MORE GRAET TRANSFERS AND THE 2006 COACH OF THE YEAR.THEY WENT 33-3LAST YEAR AND NOW THEYRE 1-0 AFTER EMBARISSING WASHBURN BY ALMOST 50 POINTS

You ask What about Grace Christian...... what about them? They haven't played anyone so far how can anyone say anything. They are expected to be good and I'm sure they will be but there's ALOT of games to be played. And I say lets play'em then we'll talk about Grace, but until they play some games and show me something there's nothing to talk about. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They will not be a significant factor in the Knoxville area hoop scene until they step up and play with the big boys. If they match up with A.C. in the finals of their tournament then maybe that will change my mind. Single A ball is just a step ahead of rec ball. Talent pool is limited and good teams are few and far between.

Picking on the Washburns of the world and beating them by 50 won't get you noticed.

They will not be a significant factor in the Knoxville area hoop scene until they step up and play with the big boys. If they match up with A.C. in the finals of their tournament then maybe that will change my mind. Single A ball is just a step ahead of rec ball. Talent pool is limited and good teams are few and far between.

Picking on the Washburns of the world and beating them by 50 won't get you noticed.

First of all your crazy if you think single A ball is just a step ahead of rec ball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What have you been smoking? You can look at our schedule and see how many AA teams that we are playing as well as traditional single A powerhouses in the east. We tried to pick up more AA and AAA schools to play this season but they refused to so therefore we play what we can get to fulfill our game limit. If we win tonite we will play AC in the championship. AC is a very good team this year, I watched them play last nite. I don't know if we can beat them but we will give them a good game. We first have to get by last years AAA state champions from Alabama (Glenwood Academy). We are also playing AC in the regular season as well. The season is early. Give us a break and lets just play ball.

www.graceramsbasketball.com

You are out of your mind! 1 step up from "rec" ball? I dare you to take some of the 1A teams from state and play A.C. or anyone else you would desire and see what happens. I think you will be suprised by the results.

By any chance are you from Maryville? Sounds awfully cocky to me like you just came off a big win or the state championship. Go see Union City play from out west- you will be shocked to see how good their "rec" ball team plays.

If you are just refering to 1A in Knoxville- how many 1A's are there in Knoxville? I will bet there are not as many as other cities in Tennessee.

Look, I didn't mean to say that from an arrogant standpoint; if it came across that way then I apologize.

What I mean is that it is the coaching staff/players of WHS have a responsibilty to compete. Coach Lamb would not do anything to put teams down make them look bad. I am sure he played everyone and alot of playing time was spread around. I remember a few years ago when WHS was not a bad team. Small schools go through ups and downs.

Grace has a good team and he wants to keep them sharp, even if that means leaving a starter or two on teh floor with some subs ( Every good coach does this).

As for recruiting jab by "coonboy"; all schools recruit!! I have been around long enough to see public schools and private schools do this. Maybe not openly but isn't it strange how a kid's mom or dad gets a "new" job in a new school district across town or they suddenly move after years in the same house. I never hear any of this being talked about by public school coaches, they only want to talk about private schools recruiting. We all know it happens- it is the 2 ton elephant in the room nobody want to mention.

I think one thing nobody ever mentions is that some christian school coaches are used to coaching against better talent with lesser talent. When they do get some talent it I think it shocks most people when they do well and then that is when you hear all the talk about "recruiting".

One more thing and I will be quiet- SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS!! People want to be a part of something special and exciting and that is the best recruiting tool of all!!

You hit the nail on the head Coachwo with your last statement ahead. I agree 100%.

You are out of your mind! 1 step up from "rec" ball? I dare you to take some of the 1A teams from state and play A.C. or anyone else you would desire and see what happens. I think you will be suprised by the results.

By any chance are you from Maryville? Sounds awfully cocky to me like you just came off a big win or the state championship. Go see Union City play from out west- you will be shocked to see how good their "rec" ball team plays.

If you are just refering to 1A in Knoxville- how many 1A's are there in Knoxville? I will bet there are not as many as other cities in Tennessee.

Good post Coachwo. Obviously redandblack63 is out of his mind and has no clue what he is trying to say.

TO BE THE MAN YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN. I didn't say I-A ball was rec ball I said it was one step ahead of rec ball. AAA, AA, A, rec ball. See one step ahead. Most I-A schools have 1 maybe 2 good players and the rest of the team would make up a good rec team. I understand that there are some good 1-A teams. My point is simple. When Grace steps up and beats AA and AAA teams on a regular basis then they will be taken seriously. Scheduling is hard I would agree. Like I said earlier beat A.C. and folks will take notice. Beating Washburn by 50 gets you 0 respect. Not a Maryville guy. I come from the pits of basketball existence, Central.